Gogoggansgo

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big turbo fiesta st
Country flag
My girlfriend just got a nice 2019 civic sport a whole 26k miles. Manual trans of course, i ordered hondata as a first car gift. I know plus 6 psi is hard on the clutch so what do y’all recommend i flash it with. And is there anything i can Do with the eco button can’t find any info on using it for something else thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic sport hondata 234AEFEC-5E57-4B50-9A23-5BA343FB8022
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The +6 is actually a mild tune and shouldn't be very hard on the clutch at all. The +9 is another story.

Hondata also has a "Hondata Mode" which means the car will use a factory equivalent tune when the Econ button is on (green leaf of dash).

Last edited:

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport, 2015 BRZ Premium, 1990 300ZX 2+2
Country flag

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is the 2.0L correct? Not sure about a 6psi tune. ;) Try Ktuner.... you can lower vtec to 5700....

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Actually yes Narumi, you are right. I didn't look at the pic. I thought he meant 1.5 based Sport hatch. I saw the OP had asked a question in the 1.5T knock control thread and assumed. I should never assume. My bad.

OP, unfortunately Hondata does not have any 2.0 NA tunes.

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Actually yes Narumi,you are right. I didn't look at the pic. I thought he meant 1.5 based Sport hatch.
I'm browsing on my phone and had to do a triple take pinch spread ultra zoom in and then double check Google. With all the black on black, angle of the pic, and my old tired eyes I thought it was a hatch at first too! I also seen him post in the tuning thread too so I was doubting myself and had check the Sport Coupe/sedan specs online.

@OP Car looks really nice and shiny, oh and it's a coupe! I hardly see those in my neck of the woods.

OP
OP
Gogoggansgo

Gogoggansgo

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big turbo fiesta st
Country flag
Now i get super super dumb, i thought the sports got the 1.5, even the salesman didn’t correct me. Good thing i used PayPal credit

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Now i get super super dumb, i thought the sports got the 1.5, even the salesman didn’t correct me. Good thing i used PayPal credit
No worries, especially if you're not familiar with this platform. I wouldn't doubt the salesman knew either, and if he/she willingly knew and kept quiet... shame on them. Also, it is a bit confusing with the Sport initially debuting as a hatch trim with the 1.5t. Honda later migrated the Sport trim to coupe/sedan platform with a 2.0L NA. Although Sport models are based off their LX counterparts, the engines differ depending on chassis. (All hatchback chassis featured 1.5t versus the coupe/sedan LX models equipped with the 2.0L. 1.5t being offered as an upgrade in higher trims.)
Very thoughtful of you to purchase a reflash for your gf; she will be happy with the Ktuner product if you decide to go that route.
Here is a thread by Ktuner regarding their reflash for the 2.0L:
https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ig-gains-confirmed-for-the-second-time.17353/
There's quite a few pages of information and questions/answers so be sure to check it out.
You can also double check compatibility on their website.
https://ktuner.com

Happy modding!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just to add, the 2.0 Sport coupe is a nice car and that KTuner 2.0 NA tune not only has some nice power gains but improves throttle response and lowers the VTEC crossover as well.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic sport hondata K20C2GAINS

OP
OP
Gogoggansgo

Gogoggansgo

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big turbo fiesta st
Country flag
I actually race Ducati’s lol and I’ve been around i can’t count how many tuning plateforms. I just feel absolutely stupid because i didn’t check but it was kinda of an emergency she needed a car that day. Regardless in hindsight the more I’ve looked into this 2.0 i like it even more and more. I wouldn’t be surprised with a k tuner, a nice intake or good filter, with exhaust it’ll have some fun with a stock SI. Y’all have been great this is why i like the forums

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
No sport hatch, No 1.5 sport. When I first started looking I almost made this same mistake.

OP
OP
Gogoggansgo

Gogoggansgo

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big turbo fiesta st
Country flag
No sport hatch, No 1.5 sport. When I first started looking I almost made this same mistake.
Honestly Honda needs to fix that lol i work ford at one of the plants. And dude Honda makes my head spin and don’t get me started on the motorcycles haha
Sponsored