Civic Sport Hatchback 0-60 times FINALLY!!

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
They seem to be pretty consistent 7s'ish 0-60 cars in stock trim. What mine does. I'm intrigued by the guy in here getting high 5s'ish 0-60 times with the hondata flash! That's my old LS1 firebird territory! Summer's coming plenty time to play!
Sponsored

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
They seem to be pretty consistent 7s'ish 0-60 cars in stock trim. What mine does. I'm intrigued by the guy in here getting high 5s'ish 0-60 times with the hondata flash! That's my old LS1 firebird territory! Summer's coming plenty time to play!
If your old LS1 went high 5's 0-60 then something was wrong. Stock LS1 Firebirds have gotten into the high 12's stock in the 1/4 mile which is a low 4 second 0-60... you sure your firechicken wasn't the old LT1??

Can you link this high 5's 0-60 with the hondata flash... I have not seen this yet.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Didn't Hondata prove this theory wrong already?
No, a Chinese magazine's instrumented test showed the CVT to be slightly faster, but within the noise.

Hondata said that they couldn't definitively publish dyno numbers on the CVT because of the transmission's behavior. They needed a manual to accurately dyno the car.

Go watch the Hondata video of them drag racing a stock 9th gen Si. You can see why the Si lost ground at every shift point.

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
If your old LS1 went high 5's 0-60 then something was wrong. Stock LS1 Firebirds have gotten into the high 12's stock in the 1/4 mile which is a low 4 second 0-60... you sure your firechicken wasn't the old LT1??

Can you link this high 5's 0-60 with the hondata flash... I have not seen this yet.
Never measured it. Most car mags were around 5 sec tho and some did better but I suspect needed mods. Here's why, I did try to run mine once at Epping Drag way but found out about the hydraulic clutch restriction the put in. Only did a 15.5 1/4 mi with much burnt clutch smell . It seems that model year 1998, they put a restricting valve in the clutch hydraulics to protect the weak differential . So on the street I never shifted hard and fast enough to have it be an issue but trying to grab second as fast as I could it wouldn't go in . Almost blew tranny if I fully let clutch out only half in gear. I had to let car coast and then it went in .
I'm trying to find the post, a guy was using the hondata with laptop and I believe he was comparing stock to 6psi and it seemed he was using data right from it on his laptop . He got 7 sec stock and 5.6, 5.7 I think flashed. I'm pretty sure in this forum.

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
Found it, not 100% sure exactly what he's doing but it seems you can get 0-60 data from the ECU and flash pro ?

http://www.civicx.com/threads/my-fl...s-boost-level-and-iat-temps-with-oem-ic.7279/

Never measured it. Most car mags were around 5 sec tho and some did better but I suspect needed mods. Here's why, I did try to run mine once at Epping Drag way but found out about the hydraulic clutch restriction the put in. Only did a 15.5 1/4 mi with much burnt clutch smell . It seems that model year 1998, they put a restricting valve in the clutch hydraulics to protect the weak differential . So on the street I never shifted hard and fast enough to have it be an issue but trying to grab second as fast as I could it wouldn't go in . Almost blew tranny if I fully let clutch out only half in gear. I had to let car coast and then it went in .
I'm trying to find the post, a guy was using the hondata with laptop and I believe he was comparing stock to 6psi and it seemed he was using data right from it on his laptop . He got 7 sec stock and 5.6, 5.7 I think flashed. I'm pretty sure in this forum.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Try the home page of the Forum last item on page 1