Civic Sport Hatchback 0-60 times FINALLY!!

ACG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Instrumented tests rely on them getting a vehicle to test. It appears that Honda does not have much of a desire to supply the 1.5T manual combo for journalists.
Or to its consumers. Finding one right now is a needle in a hay stack...

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
Here's today's run. A little better at 0-60 in 7.2 sec. Felt stronger too by my butt dyno.
Brake torqued to about 2500, carefully avoided sand. TC off, premium (full tank vs 1/4 last time), auto shift sport mode.
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Sport Hatchback 0-60 times FINALLY!! ima

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
I can say with some experience, this is most definitely faster than an 8 second 0-60 car. I haven't officially tested it, but because of this, I'll do an unofficial test of the 0-60, problem is that in the winter, the tires don't tend to hook up as well. In a video I made, you can see me driving the car quite quickly:
This is a great vid! I saw it before researching the car. Thanks for doing it.

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
Is "auto shift sport mode" the mode where it simulates shifts like a manual would?

Looking at datalogs in one of the Hondata threads, it appears the ECU closes the throttle during the simulated shifts, which results in a momentary loss of power (on the software dyno). I wonder if its any faster in regular drive?

Trinity527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Navi sedan
Is "auto shift sport mode" the mode where it simulates shifts like a manual would?

Looking at datalogs in one of the Hondata threads, it appears the ECU closes the throttle during the simulated shifts, which results in a momentary loss of power (on the software dyno). I wonder if its any faster in regular drive?
Both drive and sport simulate shifts but L doesn't. During their review of the coupe Car and Driver said they got the fastest times with the transmission in L which let them get a 0-60 time of 6.6 seconds.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
CVT should be faster - 2 shifts, even if the transmission was better, take at least .3 seconds with a good driver. But, we love our Si and its MT.
Manual is lighter and more efficient, I bet the manual is faster.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If 8 seconds is an official time from Honda there is no need to worry! In China the official figures for 0-100km/h are 8.6(CVT) and 8.7(MT). In a test drive somebody did 7.2 sec with a stock car;)

Trinity527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Navi sedan
The weight savings from the manual don't make up for the fact that the cvt can just hold the engine at peak power and keep pulling while the 6mt has to shift. It wouldn't be far off but I'd expect the cvt to be a couple tenths faster.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
In most modern autos with the same engine and a competent driver the automatic transmissioned version will beat the manual version from 0-30, 0-60, 1/8th mile drag race, and likely for a full 1/4 mile drag. This is especially so for higher horsepower vehicles as most now have launch control settings for the automatic. The best current example is the Hellcat Challenger and Charger. But, for us, the pleasure of having a slick shifting MT and better control under most other conditions, beats the occasional or rare desire to out-drag a similar vehicle that (doesn't even) come(s) with an automatic.

Last edited:

ACG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Here's a video I found of a Civic EX Hatchback CVT that ran a 9.90 in the 1/8th mile. That comes out to around a 15.4 1/4 mile time with a conversion chart. I could see a lighter LX Hatchback M/T running close to a 15 flat if driven properly. Either way a low 15 for this car even with a CVT is damn impressive.

Last edited:

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
Civic EX Hatchback with a CVT ran 9.90 in the 1/8th mile. That comes out to around a 15.4 1/4 mile time with a conversion chart. I could see a lighter LX Hatchback M/T running close to a 15 flat if driven properly. Either way a low 15 for this car even with a CVT is damn impressive.
Did you get that time in D or S? I can see that you had simulated shifts on the one dash view, not sure if that was your best run. The car is noticeably faster in L.

ACG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Did you get that time in D or S? I can see that you had simulated shifts on the one dash view, not sure if that was your best run. The car is noticeably faster in L.
Sorry, it's not my car or video. It was in my recommended section of my Youtube account lol.
Sponsored