Civic Sport Hatchback 0-60 times FINALLY!!

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Ok I have been keen to see how the Sport Hatchback actually performs with its 180hp tweaked version of the 1.5T running Premium fuel.

Granted it is a bit heavier than the rest of the fleet but this is kinda surprising:
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/20...ch-that-proves-the-type-r-will-be-incredible/

0-62 in 8.3 Seconds -- WAYYYY Slower than I expected. This backs up another test from Autoweek that put it at 7.8 Seconds 0-60.
Sponsored

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Ok I have been keen to see how the Sport Hatchback actually performs with its 180hp tweaked version of the 1.5T running Premium fuel.

Granted it is a bit heavier than the rest of the fleet but this is kinda surprising:
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/20...ch-that-proves-the-type-r-will-be-incredible/

0-62 in 8.3 Seconds -- WAYYYY Slower than I expected. This backs up another test from Autoweek that put it at 7.8 Seconds 0-60.
I believe they get different spec models over there.. 46.3MPG? I wish my sport got that much

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
I believe they get different spec models over there.. 46.3MPG? I wish my sport got that much
Imperial gallons... just a different unit of measure. Still will get about the same MPG in U.S units of measure ;)

No other source seems to be able to post numbers for 0-60, just personal impressions which only go so far. I need solid numbers. I can only find two sources online posting 0-60 times for this model and both around 8 Seconds. Which is too slow for me.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
8 sec. Compared to 6.6 with the coupe? If that's true, HB sales may go down. I sure wouldn't buy it. That's as slow as a 6th gen Civic!

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
It will be within a few tenths of the sedan, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
The CVT offers a clear advantage in how it transfers power to the wheels vs. the 6MT. Factor in small differences in shift time and launch and you end up with discrepancies like the above article. I would give it another few months before we start seeing low 7's or high 6's. Specifically, a far better 0-60 time from Motor Trend.

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
It will be within a few tenths of the sedan, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
When your buying a Sport version of car, and you have to fill it will premium, I do worry when it takes 8 seconds to go from 0-60. This is not 2001, or the 1990's for that matter, and this is not a Minivan. at $32k OTD CDN I expected this car to cut a low 6 second 0-60 run.

You say it will be within a few tenths of the sedan. Click the link. Its not.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Unfortunately, Carthrottle is not known for exploiting 0-60 times. Willing to bet that their test car was provided under a gentlemen's agreement.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
When your buying a Sport version of car, and you have to fill it will premium, I do worry when it takes 8 seconds to go from 0-60. This is not 2001, or the 1990's for that matter, and this is not a Minivan. at $32k OTD CDN I expected this car to cut a low 6 second 0-60 run.

You say it will be within a few tenths of the sedan. Click the link. Its not.
1. You don't have to fill it with premium.

2. Wait for Car & Driver or somebody to test, we know nothing about that website's test methodology. Did they even say that they tested the acceleration? They could just be repeating numbers from Honda's press kit. It will be within a few tenths of the sedan when tested by the same source.

Last edited:

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
1. You don't have to fill it with premium.

2. Wait for Car & Driver or somebody to test, we know nothing about that website's test methodology. Did they even say that they tested the acceleration? They could just be repeating numbers from Honda's press kit. It will be within a few tenths of the sedan when tested by the same source.
1. Yes you do need premium to achieve the rated 180hp.

2. I've been waiting. This is the data we have. Two sources to date, not a lot of data on the manual trans in any of the Civic 1.5T layouts .. perhaps there is a 3rd shift need to get to 60 and these are legit numbers. Two independent souces showing 8 seconds 0-60.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Did you do a 4000 rpm clutch drop like Car and Driver would?...

Manual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-T 6mt
Country flag
1. Yes you do need premium to achieve the rated 180hp.

2. I've been waiting. This is the data we have. Two sources to date, not a lot of data on the manual trans in any of the Civic 1.5T layouts .. perhaps there is a 3rd shift need to get to 60 and these are legit numbers. Two independent souces showing 8 seconds 0-60.
8.1 sec is what the app I have (dynolicious) had me at, .. but ...
--- I was running more tire pressure than optimum, and had a lot of wheel spin in 1st and 2nd
--- It does require a 3rd shift, I let it run into the rev limiter thinking I was going to make 60 in 2nd, (it didn't), I 'think' 2nd ran out around 55 mph... which resulted in a pretty slow shift
---app showed 0 to 50 in 6.06 sec

(sedan EX-t 6mt running 87 octane)

/ take all this with a grain of salt, I'm no Don Garlits
Sponsored

Last edited: