First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport HB
Country flag
Hey guys,

I’ve been looking around and can’t seem to find brake pads and rotors for the track other then BBK for my civic sport hatch. Can you guys give me some recommendations? Thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
PCHAU86

PCHAU86

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does anyone have any recommendations?

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
If you're not using wheels smaller than 17's you could upgrade to the SI brakes. You'll get a lot more choice for track pads and also gain about 40mm in rotor diameter. They apparently are a bolt-on to the non-SI civics. I haven't really found a full track pad for the front of our cars yet.

OP
OP
PCHAU86

PCHAU86

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was hoping to just be able to upgrade the pads for now, but it’s looking like that’s not really an option for us

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I use EBC Yellow Stuff pad F/R on my Hatch and very happy with stopping power.

OP
OP
PCHAU86

PCHAU86

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Fit2Hatch Do you have a link to where you got your EBC yellow stuff pads?

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hawk has track specific pads for our stock brakes. Here's link, hopefully it's allowed here:
Hawk DTC-30 front and rear. If you go this way I suggest getting a set of stoptech slotted cryo rotors just for those pads. You'll have to pull the calipers anyways to switch the pads so might as well do it right. I have seen a place sell the EBC brake kits but I can't find them anymore.

https://www.procivic.com/p/ym/2019/civic/hawk-dtc-30-brake-pads.html?ctid=4030

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
I think Spoon has some track specific pads for the FK7. Project Mu has front rotors

OP
OP
PCHAU86

PCHAU86

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hawk has track specific pads for our stock brakes. Here's link, hopefully it's allowed here:
Hawk DTC-30 front and rear. If you go this way I suggest getting a set of stoptech slotted cryo rotors just for those pads. You'll have to pull the calipers anyways to switch the pads so might as well do it right. I have seen a place sell the EBC brake kits but I can't find them anymore.

https://www.procivic.com/p/ym/2019/civic/hawk-dtc-30-brake-pads.html?ctid=4030
The link I went to shows me it for a 2019 Coupe. Would it still work with the Hatch?

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
The link I went to shows me it for a 2019 Coupe. Would it still work with the Hatch?
All non-SI civics have the same brakes.

quakaroaks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sp, 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're not using wheels smaller than 17's you could upgrade to the SI brakes. You'll get a lot more choice for track pads and also gain about 40mm in rotor diameter. They apparently are a bolt-on to the non-SI civics. I haven't really found a full track pad for the front of our cars yet.
SI Brake rotors are a direct fit for the sport hatch? The rotors that came stock with the sport hatch are definitely puny.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
SI Brake rotors are a direct fit for the sport hatch? The rotors that came stock with the sport hatch are definitely puny.
You also need the brake calipers and caliper brackets from the Si since it is bigger than the one on the sport hatch.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
yeah I think it goes from 282 to 320mm rotors? Calipers are very similar in size. I'd say it's a good street and light track upgrade but if you're looking at really tracking the car you should invest in a BBK. I'll probably end up swapping to SI brakes when my rotors are done as there is a larger choice of brake pads and I don't plan on heavily tracking this car if I take it there at all.

quakaroaks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sp, 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah I think it goes from 282 to 320mm rotors? Calipers are very similar in size. I'd say it's a good street and light track upgrade but if you're looking at really tracking the car you should invest in a BBK. I'll probably end up swapping to SI brakes when my rotors are done as there is a larger choice of brake pads and I don't plan on heavily tracking this car if I take it there at all.
I'm mostly doing street driving and definitely prefer direct bolt on. Definitely SI brakes are an interest. @zspeed, do you have the si brake currently installed on your FK?
Sponsored