Allmotor8295

First Name
Squirtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model T Batmobile Fred’s footmobile
Country flag
Got it. Overall are the 10th gen civics comfortable in terms of ride quality? Of course I don’t expect a economy car to ride like a rolls Royce but is it compliant enough to not be jarring or harsh? Just a bit concerning when you have reports like this - https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/2020-touring-sedan-rides-rough.57738/

Ive also read the hatch soaks up bumps better. Is this true?
Sponsored

Civic_EU

First Name
Matus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB Sport, Volvo 940, couple of e36 BMW
Country flag
With this type of question, you better test drive the car before buying and it will be answered by your own opinion on it… harsh or rough ride is subjective thing (most of the time), influenced by rim size and tire wall, but generaly Civic is not on the harsh side of ride quality in my opinion even on 18s with 40wall and adaptive dampers in Sport mode but ?‍♂

OP
OP

Allmotor8295

First Name
Squirtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Would you guys say a civic hatchback sport or sedan sport rides less harsh and soaks up bumps and potholes better than a 07-08 TL type S?

OP
OP

Allmotor8295

First Name
Squirtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With this type of question, you better test drive the car before buying and it will be answered by your own opinion on it… harsh or rough ride is subjective thing (most of the time), influenced by rim size and tire wall, but generaly Civic is not on the harsh side of ride quality in my opinion even on 18s with 40wall and adaptive dampers in Sport mode but ?‍♂
Wait the civic has adaptive dampers?!?

Icebear

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 1991 Chevrolet c1500
Country flag
The SI does , not the hatchback .

I think the hatch rides pretty well , has a nice balance to it, not to harsh and not too soft . It rides and handles better than my 2016 Genesis Coupe I had .

Civic_EU

First Name
Matus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes they do here in EU, back then (2017) only on trims as SPORT and up :patriot: and now for 2021 you can get adaptive dampers even with 1.0 liter , buuut we dont get the SI and coupe at all :rolleyes1:

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Yes they do here in EU, back then (2017) only on trims as SPORT and up :patriot: and now for 2021 you can get adaptive dampers even with 1.0 liter , buuut we dont get the SI and coupe at all :rolleyes1:
I have found the European Civics are fancier and more expensive than the ones over in the States. I was curious, how you feel the frame and suspension react to bumps compared to your BMW? I have the Hatch and it is pretty good, but could be a touch stiffer frame-wise.

Civic_EU

First Name
Matus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry mate, cant tell you much, I dont remember how the stock e36 rides ? That is build project drift /fun car, engine and trans is on solid mounts, shifter is chassis mounted, rear subframe as well solid mounted, front and rear strutbraces, X-brace under the engine and all rubber bushes are polyurethane. It rides on HSD coilovers which are like budget coils for around 1k so there is no real comparison to be had, Its crazy stiff and vibin :spaz: … how the Civic feels you know for your self, and with our EU dampers its only enhanced a little, IMO bigger diffrence made swich from 45 to 40 sidewall and r17 to r18 rims than the Sport mode ?‍♂
Sponsored

Last edited: