PedalFaster

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever people will let me drive
Country flag
Any of you thinking of doing some Pro Solos next year? If so, would you be willing to consider taking on a paying codriver?

I'd like to do a full Pro season, but the closest one to me is a twelve hour drive away, and the next-closest one is a twenty-two hour drive away, so I'm thinking I'd be best off trying to string together some arrive-and-drive rides.

If this is something you'd be willing to consider, please shoot me a PM. I have references. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport Manual, 2007 Honda S2000 (STR)
Country flag
I probably have an open seat at NJ but no idea if I’ll make any beyond that.

Hungry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 hatchback sport
Country flag
Does anyone have any experience fitting 245/40r18 RE-71Rs in these cars? Thanks

Vanimaniac

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 6M Sport Hatch
Country flag
Hey guys and gals. After owning this car for 2 years and driving it bone stock on all seasons I think I'm ready to finally play around in HS. I'll more than likely be running 255/17's unless someone can convince me otherwise. Would running 245/45/18's be worth the extra price/weight/ride height just for a couple more MPH? I'll admit I do hate shifting into 3rd but will do it if I must. I just read through all 56 pages of the GS Si thread and am thinking the Eibach CTR bar is a good option for me. However, has anyone run this bar? https://www.rv6-p.com/rv6-17-civic-...nZTHKYV6Zk8jrWH7SOdJoY3kR9LZeoC82oWoT5ZWkQ_LA

Looks like more adjustments.

Thanks!
Van

Gefiltefish

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Hey guys and gals. After owning this car for 2 years and driving it bone stock on all seasons I think I'm ready to finally play around in HS. I'll more than likely be running 255/17's unless someone can convince me otherwise. Would running 245/45/18's be worth the extra price/weight/ride height just for a couple more MPH? I'll admit I do hate shifting into 3rd but will do it if I must. I just read through all 56 pages of the GS Si thread and am thinking the Eibach CTR bar is a good option for me. However, has anyone run this bar? https://www.rv6-p.com/rv6-17-civic-...nZTHKYV6Zk8jrWH7SOdJoY3kR9LZeoC82oWoT5ZWkQ_LA

Thanks!
Van
Van - I’ve got that bar on my car. Since I drive the car daily, I opted for it over my Karcepts bar...

Only today’s event in so far, but no complaints. It’s a little clunky at times when using the Accord endlinks, bnot no where near as bad as Karcepts.

Ultimately I think it’s a good happy medium between something like a CTR bar and Karcepts.

I am running mine on the middle holes for each side.

Hungry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 hatchback sport
Country flag
Van - I’ve got that bar on my car. Since I drive the car daily, I opted for it over my Karcepts bar...

Only today’s event in so far, but no complaints. It’s a little clunky at times when using the Accord endlinks, bnot no where near as bad as Karcepts.

Ultimately I think it’s a good happy medium between something like a CTR bar and Karcepts.

I am running mine on the middle holes for each side.
I've got the Eibach CTR bar and Accord endlinks on my car (also my DD). I got a bit of clunking after the first event on it. I tightened the endlinks - silence. Might be worth checking to see if they've loosened up.

Vanimaniac

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 6M Sport Hatch
Country flag
I've got the Eibach CTR bar and Accord endlinks on my car (also my DD). I got a bit of clunking after the first event on it. I tightened the endlinks - silence. Might be worth checking to see if they've loosened up.
I just installed the same bar and endlinks yesterday. Hoping for no clunking after this weekends events. Excited to see how the car behaves!

Vanimaniac

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 6M Sport Hatch
Country flag
Just got an alignment. Driving out to Topeka for the pro today and getting wheels/tires mounted out there hopefully in time for practice starts tomorrow. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. And then to try and figure things out while going up against 3 of the top 6 finishers at nationals last year. Should be a fun time! Haven't done a prosolo in a couple years.

Travie_FC3

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

Thanks!
Van
Really depends on how your venue makes their courses. I'm doing my second airport autox tomorrow and it's a LONG and FAST course. I hit mid 3rd gear and my best time was 98s. 1st place was 87s.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Really depends on how your venue makes their courses. I'm doing my second airport autox tomorrow and it's a LONG and FAST course. I hit mid 3rd gear and my best time was 98s. 1st place was 87s.
Jeez, that's fast, possibly too fast for the rule book. Last time I read anything about course design, it said that it should be slow enough to keep cars down to reasonable highway speeds. The DC region's course at FedEx Field definitely doesn't have the room for 80-mph speeds. My EP's fastest speed that I remember bounced off of the rev limiter in 2nd (58 mph) for about a half-second before I had to brake.

Vanimaniac

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 6M Sport Hatch
Country flag
I'm pretty sure he's referring to how long the course was in seconds not MPH. :)

OP
OP

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport Manual, 2007 Honda S2000 (STR)
Country flag
The power band of this car makes 3rd useful sometimes even if the ultimate speeds aren’t too much over 60, because a short shift still puts you right in the meat of the torque curve. Last year at national events I used 3rd at Finger Lakes, and through the finish at nats on whichever side it was with the fast finish.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I'm pretty sure he's referring to how long the course was in seconds not MPH. :)
Yeah, I was thinking mid-3rd would be pushing 80 mph, but that's also because I'm imagining staying in the top of the rev range (and completely forgot about the "mid-" part of what he wrote).

Vanimaniac

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 6M Sport Hatch
Country flag
I hit 3rd gear and held it full throttle for 5 seconds on both of our last 2 courses. I don't have data acquisition so I'm not sure where I was in terms of MPH though.
Sponsored