Civic Sport Hatch Autox in HS?

OP

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport Manual, 2007 Honda S2000 (STR)
Country flag
My car was good enough for 3 trophies at Nationals and several Prosolo/Champ Tour wins/trophies with the stock stuff, probably best to not worry about it and drive.

Well the whole car is "fine" but I want great :)

Advertisement

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
My car was good enough for 3 trophies at Nationals and several Prosolo/Champ Tour wins/trophies with the stock stuff, probably best to not worry about it and drive.
Stock class or an upgraded class?

PedalFaster

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Car(s)
Whatever people will let me drive
Country flag
Because, as Josh pointed out, this is the thread for Street, which is the class which allows the least number of mods.

Looking at your original post again -- you're also not allowed to run rotors that are substantively different (weight, material, size) than the stock ones.

You're focusing on the wrong things anyway. Even in a money-is-no-object build for a higher prep class, stainless steel brake lines wouldn't be on the list of mods you'd want, and brake rotors would be fairly far down the list.

You're best off running the car in its current state until you're able to turn consistently competitive times and can more precisely identify what weaknesses you want to address. Within the constraints of the Street ruleset, brakes are unlikely to top the list.

Vanimaniac

First Name
Van
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 6M Sport Hatch
Country flag
Well the whole car is "fine" but I want great :)
Wheels/tires/alignment/bar and you will have a great car for HStreet. If you want to think outside the box and try and take it to the next level then figure out an upgrade on shocks and test out a front bar. :)

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Because, as Josh pointed out, this is the thread for Street, which is the class which allows the least number of mods.

Looking at your original post again -- you're also not allowed to run rotors that are substantively different (weight, material, size) than the stock ones.

You're focusing on the wrong things anyway. Even in a money-is-no-object build for a higher prep class, stainless steel brake lines wouldn't be on the list of mods you'd want, and brake rotors would be fairly far down the list.

You're best off running the car in its current state until you're able to turn consistently competitive times and can more precisely identify what weaknesses you want to address. Within the constraints of the Street ruleset, brakes are unlikely to top the list.
The car already has bigger wheels, sway bars, strut bars, springs, tuned, intake, intercooler, and dp so I'm guessing I'm already in a different class. I haven't raced it yet as I bought it in January so not sure what class yet.

BarracksSi

Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
The car already has bigger wheels, sway bars, strut bars, springs, tuned, intake, intercooler, and dp so I'm guessing I'm already in a different class. I haven't raced it yet as I bought it in January so not sure what class yet.
Off the top of my head, that sounds like Street Mod.

You might be able to run a few events in Novice if you're new and your region has the class available, which is fine if you're not planning on chasing points.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Off the top of my head, that sounds like Street Mod.

You might be able to run a few events in Novice if you're new and your region has the class available, which is fine if you're not planning on chasing points.
Yeah I'm just doing it for fun. I know this car isn't competitive. I'm planning on racing sth if I ever get kicked from novice

Last edited:
OP

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport Manual, 2007 Honda S2000 (STR)
Country flag
As long as the wheels are 9” wide or less and the tires are 265 width or less, nothing on that list should put you out of STH.

Yeah I'm just doing it for fun. I know this car isn't competitive. I'm planning on racing sth if I ever get kicked from novice

Advertisement

Advertisement