Civic Sport Hatch Autox in HS?

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
Sorry, should have mentioned. Car has CTR rear bar, 17x8 konig wheels and 245f/255r Rivals. Ideally we'd have 255 square but the 245s were in better shape so we put those up front. Stock exhaust with just a drop in AFE filter.
So it has even more weight to lose! that's good to hear!

Does very well and good driving there. I was planning on taking my hatch out to more events, but I got my Evo X back recently to drive as well. 1st world problems :(
Sponsored

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Forgot to post the bloopers. Not sure how we managed to put a few good runs together. I promise we're not usually this terrible :lol:

OP
OP

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport Manual, 2007 Honda S2000 (STR)
Country flag
This event was the car's first on a fresh set of 255/40-17 Rivals (thanks BFG) and a Karcepts rear sway bar (.095 wall). Impressed with the improved transitional behavior with the rear bar, didn't feel like the car was getting behind the inputs as much as previously. We were on setting 3/6 at the test and tune and 4/6 at the main event. Might try stiffer at the local event this week and see if more is too much, but so far it's been a big help to have more roll stiffness than the CTR bar provides.

Considering doing the Oscoda Pro and if that goes well, the Prosolo Finale and nationals in the car. Honestly surprised I haven't seen another in national event entry lists yet, it's fun and appears to be pretty capable early in its development.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
This event was the car's first on a fresh set of 255/40-17 Rivals (thanks BFG) and a Karcepts rear sway bar (.095 wall). Impressed with the improved transitional behavior with the rear bar, didn't feel like the car was getting behind the inputs as much as previously. We were on setting 3/6 at the test and tune and 4/6 at the main event. Might try stiffer at the local event this week and see if more is too much, but so far it's been a big help to have more roll stiffness than the CTR bar provides.

Considering doing the Oscoda Pro and if that goes well, the Prosolo Finale and nationals in the car. Honestly surprised I haven't seen another in national event entry lists yet, it's fun and appears to be pretty capable early in its development.
codrive at Oscoda? :)

OP
OP

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Maybe if nobody local is driving out with me, one guy had expressed interest. Seems like your Si can get it done though.

OP
OP

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also, since then I realized the Karcepts bar only has 5 holes (oops) and I ran it on the stiffest setting at Devens and I like it there. The car did not become a handful, just provided predictable rotation. I think I might like to try stiffer eventually, if anyone has the stiffer center and wants to swap.

OP
OP

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Another event on the Karcepts bar at full stiff, the car is working great. I had one sideways moment on my first run that was totally my fault and catchable, but other than that just predictable rotation. This event was with a smaller local club up in Maine (Cumberland Motor Club) and they don't have results because their timing computer died at the event, but we're pretty sure I was top PAX for the day. First time for the car on a large concrete site and it took to it well (there was a very small section of concrete at the Finger Lakes tour). I cant believe there aren't more people running these cars yet, I'm having a great time with mine.

Vanimaniac

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 6M Sport Hatch
Country flag
First post here. Just bought mine two days ago and loving it so far. Josh, you got any video of your runs since you put the Karcepts bar on?

OP
OP

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't have any video with the Karcepts bar yet, keep forgetting to charge the camera. Should get some Sunday, my codriver from FLR tour and I will be running the car at an NER local event.

Seeing the name and location... is this Van Townsend?

Vanimaniac

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 6M Sport Hatch
Country flag
I don't have any video with the Karcepts bar yet, keep forgetting to charge the camera. Should get some Sunday, my codriver from FLR tour and I will be running the car at an NER local event.

Seeing the name and location... is this Van Townsend?
Ha, yep. Loving this car so far. I doubt I'll be setting it up for HS very quickly if at all. If I do it'll probably come together slowly with used parts and whatnot. :) You are doing awesome with yours though. Keep it up!

OP
OP

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Video links from today's event,

My best:

Codriver's best:

I never felt like I pulled a good run together but Brian was flying. Heat was brutal today.

Vanimaniac

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 6M Sport Hatch
Country flag
I’m interested to know what kind of alignment settings y’all are running specifically the toe. Toe out in rear or is the karcepts bar on full stiff enough to get rotation?

OP
OP

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just took it to Brian Kuehl and told him to pull the pins and make it turn. Original alignment on the top, adjusted settings on the bottom. Haven’t messed with anything but rear bar since then. 1/16” toe out front and rear.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Sport Hatch Autox in HS? B2A5C22B-58C2-4221-8B43-10390E4D5CEA

OP
OP

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh yeah I forgot, I pulled the pins in the parking lot first and one side slipped but the other didn’t. So basically disregard the original settings on that sheet :)
Sponsored