Civic Si's LSD for non Si models?

ncrx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan Touring CVT
i would send a request off to mfactory to see if they will build one, that would be my suggestion.

foehammerone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
And then trade it in for an R when you find something you want to improve. :doh:
1500 to upgrade to an LSD on an EX or EXT, you might as well get the Si. The LX is definitely cheaper but by the time you put an LSD in it you're only about 2-3k off from an Si. Versus 10-20k on a Type R.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1500 to upgrade to an LSD on an EX or EXT, you might as well get the Si. The LX is definitely cheaper but by the time you put an LSD in it you're only about 2-3k off from an Si. Versus 10-20k on a Type R.
id rather just upgrade my hatchback sport looks way better than the SI does is why i choose not to buy one.
and for the type R would love to had one but no dealer around me had any left and was not going to pay $40k for it either

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
I chose the sport hatch over the Si because I think it looks better, and the Sonic Gray only comes as a hatch. It's also simpler and lighter and I'd rather add to it than take away from an Si to get it to where I want. Just a matter of choice. The LSD wasn't a dealbreaker and would be a no-brainer if it ended up being under $1k. But approx $1500 is MSRP brand new. If I choose to do it down the road, there may be used and aftermaket options available.

Not hating on the Si, if you got it and you like it, good for you. I have my reasons for not getting an Si. My bank account has about 40,000 reasons for not getting a Type R. So no one's allowed to build their cars from OEM parts of higher trim levels? I have a CTR rear bar on my Sport; should I have bought a Type R instead? Sorry if I'm being sarcastic, but the "get an Si instead" logic is flawed and limits what we do as enthusiasts and make these cars our own, no matter what blank canvas you're working with.

foehammerone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I chose the sport hatch over the Si because I think it looks better, and the Sonic Gray only comes as a hatch. It's also simpler and lighter and I'd rather add to it than take away from an Si to get it to where I want. Just a matter of choice. The LSD wasn't a dealbreaker and would be a no-brainer if it ended up being under $1k. But approx $1500 is MSRP brand new. If I choose to do it down the road, there may be used and aftermaket options available.

Not hating on the Si, if you got it and you like it, good for you. I have my reasons for not getting an Si. My bank account has about 40,000 reasons for not getting a Type R. So no one's allowed to build their cars from OEM parts of higher trim levels? I have a CTR rear bar on my Sport; should I have bought a Type R instead? Sorry if I'm being sarcastic, but the "get an Si instead" logic is flawed and limits what we do as enthusiasts and make these cars our own, no matter what blank canvas you're working with.

Fair enough.

BLK Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 1960 Classic Mini w/B16B

Agreed. The Si is nice and all but I still love my hatch. Hopfully there will be a LSD available when its time to do my clutch.

Jamroxorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same, needed the functionality and love the look of the hatch over all the other models. Plus in Canada I was able to get a Sport Touring with all its luxury in 6sp MT. Will be looking into an LSD eventually. My car drives fine in the snow with my winter tires, but an LSD should help with that even more.

BLK Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 1960 Classic Mini w/B16B
I emailed QUAIFE and this was their response:

“I don’t believe there is a difference in the gearbox between the USDM and the UKDM versions.

But if in doubt, use the technical drawing from the website to check whether the QDF20U is the correct replacement for the FK7 standard diff.

If you have any further questions or I can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Ben Ashton

Technical Sales

DDI: 01732 749525”

HondaDNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Hx, 17 Sport
Country flag
I emailed QUAIFE and this was their response:

“I don’t believe there is a difference in the gearbox between the USDM and the UKDM versions.

But if in doubt, use the technical drawing from the website to check whether the QDF20U is the correct replacement for the FK7 standard diff.....
The QDF20U is for the Typr R

DoubleDown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
The only thing missing on my Sport, is LSD. Any progress made so far?
Sponsored