Eddie_69

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Hello looking for some advice I got a 2019 civic si sedan I’m having problems with I replaced my bypass valve with a blow off valve installed it properly however I forgot to connect the turbocharger position sensor back on turned the car on and I got a check engine light on I knew right away it was because I forgot to cone the sensor I turned the car off and connected the sensor back on however check engine light remained on I drove it around seeing if the ecu would recet but no luck I disconnected the negative terminal on the battery and connected it back on the check engine went off but now it showed my system was initiating the check engine came back on I tuned the car off for 10 min and took off the ecu fuse to rest the ecu now the light has gone off and all the warning lights to and didn’t come back on however I was experiencing turbo lag with this mole bov on the car was sounding a lot cooler however wasn’t performing the way it was suppose to I read some reviews that perhaps I should’ve done before buying the bov and some people have experience same lag so I decided to take it off and put the stock bypass valve back on hoping to regain my loss of power this time I connected the turbocharger sensor back on before turning the car on but the check engine came back on even with the stock part and would go into sport mode I decided to do the same procedure I had done previously everything went off again and has not come back on however I’m still getting they turbo lag I conected my obd 2 scanner and it’s reading the turbocharger position sensor even though it’s conected and also my im monitors such as as catalytic converter and other monitors are not showing ready what should I do? Perhaps the turbo lag wasn’t coming from the blow off valve but form another malfunction because it’s doign it still with the stock part any ideas ????
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Get rid of the BOV. Do research if you want to know why. Link in my sig has details.

You might have to drive around a bit to get all monitors to show as ready. See what codes pop up once everything is in a ready state.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
After reading that block of text outloud it sort of makes sense. Sounds like you either have something disconnected or a sensor is no longer working. Return the car to stock and bring it back to the service department of your dealership. Ask them to figure it out.

Maybe share your VIN with us so we can all avoid buying it on the used market....

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
After reading that block of text outloud it sort of makes sense. Sounds like you either have something disconnected or a sensor is no longer working. Return the car to stock and bring it back to the service department of your dealership. Ask them to figure it out.

Maybe share your VIN with us so we can all avoid buying it on the used market....
I would avoid buying any used entry level turbo car. I’d just assume the previous owner turned up the boost and beat on it.

OP: I would go through the whole process and check everything. Then clear the CEL with your OBD reader and if it comes back take it to your dealer.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would avoid buying any used entry level turbo car. I’d just assume the previous owner turned up the boost and beat on it.
I have bought mostly used cars. If a dealer isn't willing to let me drive the car and run a compression test on the engine then I am not buying the car. Did that on my WRX, EvoX, and Z06. All of which were solid used cars. Bought them, modded them, sold them, and moved on. The single life was fun in my 20s and 30s. Free time and disposable income were enjoyed. In retrospect I should have bought a house, but I would have missed out on a lot of fun back when it was still possible to get away with it. Back then no cellphone cameras shooting HD, traffic cams, cops wearing cameras, cameras on cop cars, etc. 300-500whp was far above average and a 0-60 below 5 seconds was rare and quicker than average. The technology and power got better but the overall environment got worse. I will stop my old man rant now.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
I have bought mostly used cars. If a dealer isn't willing to let me drive the car and run a compression test on the engine then I am not buying the car. Did that on my WRX, EvoX, and Z06. All of which were solid used cars. Bought them, modded them, sold them, and moved on. The single life was fun in my 20s and 30s. Free time and disposable income were enjoyed. In retrospect I should have bought a house, but I would have missed out on a lot of fun back when it was still possible to get away with it. Back then no cellphone cameras shooting HD, traffic cams, cops wearing cameras, cameras on cop cars, etc. 300-500whp was far above average and a 0-60 below 5 seconds was rare and quicker than average. The technology and power got better but the overall environment got worse. I will stop my old man rant now.
That's a fun list of cars you've owned. I wanted an Evolution so bad but the market value is nuts. Fortunately I've "settled" for a SI and it's been fantastic. I couldn't ask for a better daily driver and I plan on keeping it for a very long time.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Longest f'in sentence I've ever read lol

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, he did add a ?
Sponsored