First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One reason i see why rev is there other than emissions is because going from mechanical throttle to electronic throttle caused jerky behavior in manual cars at parking lot to neighborhood speeds. Automatics don’t have this issue. I’m guessing it was done to keep the car from jerking. I’m ktuned, I turn on rev hang when I leave and enter my neighborhood and shut it off when I’m on 45+mph roads. This video from engineering explained goes in more detail about it
The problem with this rev hang is it isn't even hang, it's a rev blip! If it's enabled and I let off the throttle quick it blips up a full 100 RPM. I actually gain 1mph when I snap off the throttle. You can watch your rpm blip up every time you let off the throttle. Rev hang is bad enough but it's actually 100 rpm rev increase. This is especially stupid if your still in gear and not even clutching because you'll actually go faster for a half second when letting off the throttle! It's probably even more exaggerated for me with spec 2+ clutch and light smfw. With it enabled you have to wait like 2 full seconds for the drop and granny shift if you're running to redline. It's unacceptable imo. If you have full exhaust people be laughing at your shifts and rev matches. It's not only undrivable it's down right embarrassing.
Sponsored

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan, 2014 Pathfinder
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you consider a Subaru WRX? $23-25K brand new and super low finance charge.
I was considering buying a new car but my car is paid off and can't beat great mileage.
I wouldn't change a Honda engine for a boxer engine... I need a reliable car.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Now I feel N badge is like M badge in BMW. They are bringing N line for every model they have :puke:

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Now I feel N badge is like M badge in BMW. They are bringing N line for every model they have :puke:
N line is different than the N variant. N line doesn't really do much where as the N version is the "higher performance". As right now they will be adding the Kona and the Elantra N with 275hp. N line is the same 1.6T with only 205hp
Sponsored