Civic Si Vs Civic Hatchback Vs Civic Coupe

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
I will agree that this Si is probably the best Civic ever made, it is a blast to drive. Heck, I drove it across the country from Florida to Nevada and it was the best drive of my life. Most of the time I drove around 80 MPH and rarely did any car pass me. Through stretches in Arizona I got it up to approx 100MPH and the ride was smooth as glass. The resale value seems to be very good, I see most used 2017 Si's start around 22K, even if they have 50,000 miles. I think you would be hard pressed to get a used one for 21K or less.
At 80mph I wouldn’t expect many other cars to pass you, unless you’re trying to race.
Sponsored

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I will agree that this Si is probably the best Civic ever made, it is a blast to drive. Heck, I drove it across the country from Florida to Nevada and it was the best drive of my life. Most of the time I drove around 80 MPH and rarely did any car pass me. Through stretches in Arizona I got it up to approx 100MPH and the ride was smooth as glass. The resale value seems to be very good, I see most used 2017 Si's start around 22K, even if they have 50,000 miles. I think you would be hard pressed to get a used one for 21K or less.
I agree it is an excellent car. I've been in many more expensive cars that don't have the same solid and tight feel. In fact, I can get my seating position lower in my Si sedan than my friend's 2-door Lexus RC 350 F Sport. That is really saying something.

Giovader

First Name
Gio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX (FK7)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This thread has probably covered it all, but I looked at Si vs Sport Hatch, and ultimately went EX hatch. Si, is well an Si, you get what you want from it but your options are coupe or sedan. My friend who has an Si coupe has confirmed after a year that while it's fun, it's not large, nor a long term "practical" car and wishes he went sedan. The Hatch on the other hand is the most practical car, it has the most room, and you can tune it to get close to the 200hp of the si, but it will never be an si. However, the reason i didn't go sport, even though it had paddle shifters, is that it has like no features. The non-apple car play radio is AWFUL. So basically it comes down to, do you want manual, or is auto an option. If auto is an option do you need the gears. IMO sport touring is probably the best overall model since it's in a hatch and can have paddles but that was out of my price range, and is way more than an Si.
this is literally the same exact reason i went with the EX

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In all honesty, I had the same issue. I love the Hatchback Sport. However, I ruled them out quickly because I knew I wanted an Si. So then it became Sedan vs Coupe.

For context; I'm 32, married and have one child who's under 10. We have a 4 door luxury sedan that my wife currently drives that we take as the "Family Vehicle". So I was free to choose whichever one I liked for my daily.

With that in mind, I really really loved the lines of the Coupe more than the Sedan. It just looked more aggressive. Also, I felt the Si Coupes in my area were rare. Even now, I've only seen 3 or so while running into many Si Sedans. My thoughts were that this may help with resale value years down the road if I choose to sell. Also, I'd stand out more to other Honda Enthusiasts. I ended up getting a good deal on a brand new, 7 miles on the ODO White Orchid Pearl Si Coupe.

I've had the car about 3.5 months now and I don't regret a thing about going with the Coupe. Sure there's more aftermarket stuff for the Sedan, but man do heads turn when I drive by.
Fuckin eh.

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree about an Si Hatch, it would be the holy grail of 10th gen Civics especially if it had cool colors.
I'm almost there with you. I just bought my YYP SI coupe. However! If the hatch had the sport seats and LSD. even without the yellow I would most likely be driving it instead.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I'm almost there with you. I just bought my YYP SI coupe. However! If the hatch had the sport seats and LSD. even without the yellow I would most likely be driving it instead.
Thankfully there's at least the Type R out there so we have an idea what a real hot hatch is like. I drove my friends Type R and I have to admit it was way overkill so yeah I'm happy to be a civic-Si-vs-civic-hatchback-vs-civic coupe guy.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
This was good reading even though it's 3 years old. Now the 2020 Sport hatch got a lot of new features, keyless, Sensing and 8 speaker 7" screen w/ Carplay. The Si got LEDs and Sensing, and the new wheels look better imo. I still love the hatch and better headroom of the Sport vs Si.

So I'm tempted by both cars to replace my 2017 Sport, and plan to test drive an Si when Mass dealerships open up.

supaaacharge98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX Coupe
Country flag
Just caught up with this thread. It is a little old, but a great read to give me some helpful info about getting a 10th gen.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 2020 Sport Hatch has been improved to the point where I consider it to be the perfect car. I wish I could trade my '18 in for it, but the wife would divorce me.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The 2020 Sport Hatch has been improved to the point where I consider it to be the perfect car. I wish I could trade my '18 in for it, but the wife would divorce me.
If it had an LSD, LEDs and rear armrest it would be perfect. But it's damn good, so much that I might trade in my 2017 for one. The Si has those three things, but loses the hatch, so it's a tough choice.

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
We are lucky in the UK I have a sport hatch and its fully loaded, not sure which hatch it would equate to in the States but Im geussing EX, we dont get a choice here its either hatch or sedan and no Si for tgat you would have to get a Type R which will be my next purchase in a year or 2.

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
After leasing a LX sedan for 3 years, another sedan (or coupe) SI or otherwise, was no longer an option. Too many situations where the trunk was just inadequate. I wanted a hatchback for sure. But the Type R was a bit of a stretch for me with the markup dealers out here asking.

So the Sport hatchback was what fit all my needs for now.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
After leasing a LX sedan for 3 years, another sedan (or coupe) SI or otherwise, was no longer an option. Too many situations where the trunk was just inadequate. I wanted a hatchback for sure. But the Type R was a bit of a stretch for me with the markup dealers out here asking.

So the Sport hatchback was what fit all my needs for now.
You own both a GTI and civic hatch? Can you comment on the trunk size between the two? Visually it seems like the Civic has a much bigger trunk, which keeps me from buying a GTI. I carry a lot of work tools, and like being able to open the trunk and look for tools or parts I need. That would be hard with a sedan trunk. But the GTI trunk looks too shallow, I can't stack stuff.
Sponsored