saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
The only problem I have with the infotainment is that it can be ungodly slow at times. I hit the climate control button and sometimes i have to wait like 3-5 seconds before anything comes up on the screen. It's really bad. Not bad enough to trade in for a new car but it's annoying. Can't expect much with out dated hardware and android 4.0
Your right about the climate control it can be a little faster but that’s the only problem I have with the car everything else I like
Sponsored

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
If they made an Si Hatchback, i guarantee you, it would be the most popular out of the three.

But alas, here we are. Im a fan of the hatchback because i like how it looks. The sedan is whack. The coupe is kinda cool but i hate that rear end. and the hatchback looks the best but you're stuck with the fucking bare minimum if you want a stick.

cmon honda.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
If they made an Si Hatchback, i guarantee you, it would be the most popular out of the three.

But alas, here we are. Im a fan of the hatchback because i like how it looks. The sedan is whack. The coupe is kinda cool but i hate that rear end. and the hatchback looks the best but you're stuck with the fucking bare minimum if you want a stick.

cmon honda.
I agree about an Si Hatch, it would be the holy grail of 10th gen Civics especially if it had cool colors.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag

cmon honda.
That rear was one of part of the coupe that made me buy it the fast back design and the taillight bar across the trunk it looks like a duck tail spoiler on a non si coupe and it looks pretty cool at night

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
I don't like the spoiler on the Si coupe. I don't really love the spoiler on the Si sedan either but I really dislike the one on the coupe. There's an older lady that drives around my hood in an EX-L rallye red coupe. that car looks fantastic.

I get why they didn't want to make an Si hatch because they want to push people to the Type R, but I'm not buying the Type R. it costs a god damn fortune in Canada and it's just too ostentatious for me. if they made a more muted version for a bit cheaper i would consider it... but i guess you would call that an Si hatch.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
I get why they didn't want to make an Si hatch because they want to push people to the Type R, but I'm not buying the Type R. it costs a god damn fortune in Canada and it's just too ostentatious for me. if they made a more muted version for a bit cheaper i would consider it... but i guess you would call that an Si hatch.
The Hatches are made in the UK while the SI drive train is made in US. This makes it cost prohibitive for them to make an SI hatch. Or so some Honda engineer said when asked by TOV, iirc.

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah but I mean if they had wanted to make an Si hatch originally they probably wouldn't have set up the supply chain that way. I can see why it would be hard to start making them now, but I can't imagine they didn't know that people would want an Si hatch when they planned the 10th gen.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want to keep it stock si if you're going to mod hatchback

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Would a Civic Sport Hatch be 80% of an Si in terms of performance? I'm thinking the worst thing about going from my Civic Si to a Sport Hatch would be the drop in quality of the seats. Then you gotta think "I'll upgrade the sport hatch seats I'll be set!".
I'm thinking as long as the Sport Hatch is a manual I might not miss the Si too much.

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've heard the gearbox on the sport hatch is not as good as the Si. Only way to find out if you can live with it is to go for a test drive.

perkidddoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I considered the hatchback sport manual and the sedan Si. I was really into the market for an Si. I played with the idea of the coupe, but resale values on any coupe (for any future plans) are way lower and space, definitely needed the space, so it was eventually thrown out of the hat. I needed space for two bikes but I knew I can make due without always stuffing it inside the car, like with a bike rack, or somehow making it fit inside a sedan. I am a big fan of hatchbacks, prior cars were a 2005 Honda Civic Si, then 2013 Honda Fit Sport, so the hatchback was a choice. I wasn't too inclined with the Si at first but it was only after test driving the hatchback sport manual did I realized that the Si offered way more FOR ME. The hatchback sport was ok, although I am not big with tech in cars, it felt so barebones inside the hatchback for something in 2019. The second test drive in the Si convinced and solidified my decision. It felt more of a drivers car FOR ME and the seats, the seats are great. I have a pretty sensitive lower back that gets sore in long drives so I needed to be sure that my next car wouldn't need a wedge of some sort or modifications. In addition, although I am not a tech guy, it is nice to have the luxury that the Si offers.

I definitely recommend to have a lot of seat time, and compare, and use up the salesperson's time if you have the chance, and if you can, test drive between your choices the same day or in close duration, only then will you know what is right for you.

Last edited:

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I will agree that this Si is probably the best Civic ever made, it is a blast to drive. Heck, I drove it across the country from Florida to Nevada and it was the best drive of my life. Most of the time I drove around 80 MPH and rarely did any car pass me. Through stretches in Arizona I got it up to approx 100MPH and the ride was smooth as glass. The resale value seems to be very good, I see most used 2017 Si's start around 22K, even if they have 50,000 miles. I think you would be hard pressed to get a used one for 21K or less.

Xando

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I knew I wanted a hatch so that I could lay seats down and camp in it for road trips. I chose the sport because I hate touchscreen and love the body kit on it. If I could afford it, I'd get the Si Coupe.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
I looked at the same 3 as well.. I ditched the coupe because it was the least practical for me and my family.

Between the Hatch and the Si I chose the Si. I wanted the LSD. I liked the idea of the adjustable dampers. I like the sport seats. I wanted the sunroof and none of these came on the hatch at the same price point.

I drive 60 miles round trip to work. Morning commutes are fine. Lots of traffic in the PM commute, but I've been driving stick for (gulp) nearly 30 years.. so its not a big deal to me.

Things I don't like on the Si? No radio volume/tuning nobs. I don't hate the current system, but I prefer simple knobs so I can keep my eyes on the road. Similar issue with the HVAC.. I still find myself hunting for settings vs just 2-3 knobs/dials that could do the same thing. No standard spare tire. I know there is a kit.

What I love? The ride. The seats. The dual nature of its engine to be sporty or miserly. I get on average 38-40mpg per tank.
You’re getting nearly 450-480 mpg ona tank? Do you drive your civic mainly on the highway?
Sponsored