Civic Si Vs Civic Hatchback Vs Civic Coupe

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
You own both a GTI and civic hatch? Can you comment on the trunk size between the two? Visually it seems like the Civic has a much bigger trunk, which keeps me from buying a GTI. I carry a lot of work tools, and like being able to open the trunk and look for tools or parts I need. That would be hard with a sedan trunk. But the GTI trunk looks too shallow, I can't stack stuff.
The Civic hatch has a noticeably larger cargo area, with the seats up and with the seats down. I'll take some pics later with measurements

But the GTI is no slouch. The GTI had more usable cargo space than my LX sedan.
Sponsored

GalcticM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Accord, 2012 Honda CR-V, 2020 CTR CW
Country flag
If it had an LSD, LEDs and rear armrest it would be perfect. But it's damn good, so much that I might trade in my 2017 for one. The Si has those three things, but loses the hatch, so it's a tough choice.
Yeah I think that's the problem when comparing the two. The hatch is so appealing but the SI goodies are great too. Unless the hatch is required I think the LSD on the Si would push me that direction.

jrschultz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Manual
Country flag
Yeah I think that's the problem when comparing the two. The hatch is so appealing but the SI goodies are great too. Unless the hatch is required I think the LSD on the Si would push me that direction.
My lease will be up in 9 months. I'm currently obsessing over my decision to purchase my current car or lease an updated SI. I like the hatch of my car. It's fun with the tune. I'm debating if the SI sedan's seats, stereo, adaptive suspension, LSD, etc makes it worth it to pay a bit more per month. The power is a wash, as I would put a tune on the SI too.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My lease will be up in 9 months. I'm currently obsessing over my decision to purchase my current car or lease an updated SI. I like the hatch of my car. It's fun with the tune. I'm debating if the SI sedan's seats, stereo, adaptive suspension, LSD, etc makes it worth it to pay a bit more per month. The power is a wash, as I would put a tune on the SI too.
I get everything you said, except the power being a wash. A tuned Hatch vs a tuned Si is not a wash. If you weren't gonna tune the SI, then it's a wash.

jrschultz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Manual
Country flag
I get everything you said, except the power being a wash. A tuned Hatch vs a tuned Si is not a wash. If you weren't gonna tune the SI, then it's a wash.
What does a typical +9 tune on an SI make? Isn't it similar wheel horsepower to what my car has on +9 tune?

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What does a typical +9 tune on an SI make? Isn't it similar wheel horsepower to what my car has on +9 tune?
And in addition to what @Drake said, the stronger internals of the Si motor can allow for even more power...relatively safely.

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
Is the shifter the same between the hatch and the Si? When I was looking I had a hard time even finding a manual hatch to test drive.
Sponsored