OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Aren't there used S4s that come in manual? That would be my preference

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Very true what you said and I agree. I also wouldn't want to own one without warranty as well because german cars are unknown territory to me and I have no idea how to work on them. I'm still young (24), I think I just got a bit excited at the prospect of it. Although I can technically afford one, I still need to take into account maintenance costs and need to have backup money in case things go wrong. Definitely a sleek mature car but I think I might just need to wait a bit until I'm in a more financially better position to get a new/new-ish one rather than settle for a 40-50k mile one and risk it
The thing about German cars is it's easy to find good independent shops that specialize in them, at least that was the case with BMW. It's actually harder to find an independent that specializes in Japanese cars. So that's not an issue imo. But the BMWs went through a lot of parts, it chewed up parts.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The thing about German cars is it's easy to find good independent shops that specialize in them, at least that was the case with BMW. It's actually harder to find an independent that specializes in Japanese cars. So that's not an issue imo. But the BMWs went through a lot of parts, it chewed up parts.
Agreed, I have quite a few around me that specialize in BMW/Audi that are very reputable which is nice, luckily I also have a 10th gen specialty shop like 5 min from me hahah

But yeah they go through hella parts, gotta make sure my bank account is ready for all that before I pull the trigger

TornadoredGen3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy-T, Jetta Tsi, SI,A5
Country flag
Agreed, I have quite a few around me that specialize in BMW/Audi that are very reputable which is nice, luckily I also have a 10th gen specialty shop like 5 min from me hahah

But yeah they go through hella parts, gotta make sure my bank account is ready for all that before I pull the trigger
S3 is identical to GOLF R same motor 2.0L is38. similar dsg the S3 is tuned to be slightly more aggressive and ive heard in some occastion the clutch packs on the dsg handle a bit more tq.
the two are 99% identical the golf seems to be a tad wider and longer and has a bit more leg room in the back . IF you think an audi S3 is a difficult to work on think of it this way .. its engine , trans and awd is same as golf r. Golf R has exact engine and trans as Gti , gti has smaller turbo and no exhaust VVT. Aftermarket option is veryy vast and there many in low 11s on e85 stock turbo
that being is said since i don't have the Si anymore and got rid another car laying around, my next purchase is 2018 S3 and or a B5 S4.

TornadoredGen3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

where in north jersey are you?

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
S3 is identical to GOLF R same motor 2.0L is38. similar dsg the S3 is tuned to be slightly more aggressive and ive heard in some occastion the clutch packs on the dsg handle a bit more tq.
the two are 99% identical the golf seems to be a tad wider and longer and has a bit more leg room in the back . IF you think an audi S3 is a difficult to work on think of it this way .. its engine , trans and awd is same as golf r. Golf R has exact engine and trans as Gti , gti has smaller turbo and no exhaust VVT. Aftermarket option is veryy vast and there many in low 11s on e85 stock turbo
that being is said since i don't have the Si anymore and got rid another car laying around, my next purchase is 2018 S3 and or a B5 S4.
Yeah basically identical, S3 is just a luxury "step up". Both those are good choices, I don't know too much about Audi but I dig the older S4 body style
where in north jersey are you?
I'm in Fort Lee right near GWB

TornadoredGen3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
veryy high tech and loaded with options but its uglyyy its longer and taller !!! NOPP
vw is steadily loosing its appeal and its followers on the hatch and compact size sedans.. more people are leaving the jetta since 2007 and have gotten Suvs

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
more people are leaving the jetta since 2007 and have gotten Suvs
Since 2007 SUV sales have gone up big time across the board. Ford, as an example, doesn't even sell cars anymore!! Just trucks and SUV's.

Except for mustang, but I am talking about daily drivers here.

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
I did exactly that moove 2 months ago. I traded my 2017 SI for an S3 technik.
It is a 48 months lease, i always lease my car and since i’m fully confident of the long term reliability of the audi.
When i look at the initial quality after 2 month. The audi wins hands down the competition vs my Si. Within 2 months after i purchase my civic: i already had issue with the gps, the fit and finish (bumper) the rear suspension and the gaz in the oil. So we ll see if the S3 continue to be reliable

as for the car itself i am really happy. Love the performance, the luxury, the virtual cockpit and the look

i did consider the Type R but did not like the boy racer look and i wanted an AWD to take advantage of the performance all year long. For me the performance are equivalent

i also consider the Golf R but i decide to go with the Audi mainly for the look the sunroof, the extra technology and equipment (B&O sound system for instance) for me it justify the 75$/ month but it’s just me.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
veryy high tech and loaded with options but its uglyyy its longer and taller !!! NOPP
vw is steadily loosing its appeal and its followers on the hatch and compact size sedans.. more people are leaving the jetta since 2007 and have gotten Suvs
It may look longer and taller but if I remember it gained less than an inch in any direction.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It is a 48 months lease, i always lease my car and since i’m fully confident of the long term reliability of the audi.
When i look at the initial quality after 2 month. The audi wins hands down the competition vs my Si. Within 2 months after i purchase my civic: i already had issue with the gps, the fit and finish (bumper) the rear suspension and the gaz in the oil. So we ll see if the S3 continue to be reliable

as for the car itself i am really happy. Love the performance, the luxury, the virtual cockpit and the look

i did consider the Type R but did not like the boy racer look and i wanted an AWD to take advantage of the performance all year long. For me the performance are equivalent

i also consider the Golf R but i decide to go with the Audi mainly for the look the sunroof, the extra technology and equipment (B&O sound system for instance) for me it justify the 75$/ month but it’s just me.
I love the S3 it's just the perfect sedan look, it looks like the great designs of the mid 2000s, like the B5 S4 and the E46 BMWs.

If it came in a manual I'd be lusting after one. Especially the RS3 which sounds amazing.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Thanks for sharing this is what I needed

I would definitely consider leasing if I could so I wouldn't have to worry about any reliability issues but I drive way too much in the year and would likely go over the mileage limit (almost 16k miles after 8 mo with my current si)

I think the S3 is a very solid car in terms of build quality and performance, it's definitely on the list of cars to consider in the near future
Sponsored