Civic Si. vs. Audi S3?

NoRebound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I know that the S3 is in a completely different class than the Si but wanted to see if any of you had experience with Audi/S line or have had it before and could share some thoughts.

I definitely would consider a sports luxury car and I find the S3 very eye catching. I'd consider an F80 M3 but it's a bit out of my price range and I wouldn't want to lease it. I love the look of it a lot and think it looks extremely sleek and compact and also has pretty good modding potential.

I would probably be looking at a 2016-18 S3 with 30-40k miles or less and was wondering if there's any issues I should be looking out for. Main concern would obviously be reliability and any major issues with higher mileage ones.

Thanks all
People who trade in cars every three years or lease like Audis because they do carry some status and they were always under warranty when thing started breaking. People I know who have moved up from a GTI regretted it. My brother in law had two of them and said they were both more trouble than his Mini and weren't nearly as fun.

Strictly from the driving aspect I didn't like the S3 at all. Felt more like a Jetta than a GTI. I also wasn't willing to pay that much to lose a manual transmission.
Sponsored

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep. Your. SI. Or trade up for a CTR. Everything else is a path towards regret. Financial and otherwise.
Luxury? The CTR has the best driver's seats in a car under $ 100,000. Look at a 2018-2019 and you can stay in the low $ 30's. I have owned some European cars. To quote Fleetwood Mac's Rumors album - ''Never Going Back Again'.
If I hear one more post about the 'mature styling' of this Audi, or that VW, I will throw a rod. Maturity is not buying an image. It is buying a car that gives you back more than you dreamed of, versus the Nightmare on Oil Street. You know this. Do not be tempted by 'safe' styling into a dangerous purchase.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know that the S3 is in a completely different class than the Si but wanted to see if any of you had experience with Audi/S line or have had it before and could share some thoughts.

I definitely would consider a sports luxury car and I find the S3 very eye catching. I'd consider an F80 M3 but it's a bit out of my price range and I wouldn't want to lease it. I love the look of it a lot and think it looks extremely sleek and compact and also has pretty good modding potential.

I would probably be looking at a 2016-18 S3 with 30-40k miles or less and was wondering if there's any issues I should be looking out for. Main concern would obviously be reliability and any major issues with higher mileage ones.

Thanks all
Be sure to carry a code reader with you at all times, or better yet have a flat bed truck ready on standby. Sorry- some savagegeese VW humor there. :)

I'm sure they're an absolute blast. For the money though, I'd be shopping (and choosing) the Type R or the '21 Veloster N.
Sponsored