Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I never buy a first year car.
yeah a lot of ppl say this and i get the reasoning, but in the case of the 10g si it wouldnt have even mattered if you bought the 2nd year of it as it was the exact same i every way.
Sponsored

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The R-Spec is the only trim I would consider, outside of the N model. The R-Spec seems very comparable to the Si, and a slight step above the non-Sis, if you're looking something sporty. This new generation of sporty Hyundais are serious contenders in the space, but people will hate, naturally. I think the design looks great and the N is sick, and this is coming from someone that was really disappointed with his 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 6MT. Liked the way the car looked, but it didn't drive that well. Dealers are pricing R-Specs competitively, so they're very tempting. I like that they don't have sunroofs (easier to fit with a helmet), and are more compact but still have some utility with the 3rd door. The biggest con is that it doesn't have the heritage and aftermarket support of a Honda. That's a pretty big issue, imo.

mechanical42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife Prius, 2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Veloster is just way too impractical of a car with that small trunk and only 2 small seats in the back. SI is just superior in every way with the coupe not being that much larger than the the Veloster.

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
yeah a lot of ppl say this and i get the reasoning, but in the case of the 10g si it wouldnt have even mattered if you bought the 2nd year of it as it was the exact same i every way.
Yeah, there are exceptions to this rule BUT in the SI 10th gen case, if you waited until the 3rd year you get a most loved feature......a volume knob!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah, there are exceptions to this rule BUT in the SI 10th gen case, if you waited until the 3rd year you get a most loved feature......a volume knob!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I would love a volume knob i know a lot of ppl dont care about it but i would. also the fan control speed buttons would also be very convenient. dealing with the laggy infotainment screen as little as possible is my preference.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The R-Spec is the only trim I would consider, outside of the N model. The R-Spec seems very comparable to the Si, and a slight step above the non-Sis, if you're looking something sporty. This new generation of sporty Hyundais are serious contenders in the space, but people will hate, naturally. I think the design looks great and the N is sick, and this is coming from someone that was really disappointed with his 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 6MT. Liked the way the car looked, but it didn't drive that well. Dealers are pricing R-Specs competitively, so they're very tempting. I like that they don't have sunroofs (easier to fit with a helmet), and are more compact but still have some utility with the 3rd door. The biggest con is that it doesn't have the heritage and aftermarket support of a Honda. That's a pretty big issue, imo.
Yeah I had a 2016 veloster turbo rspec it always would shut off on the highway but the dealer had no fix for it..my guess is wiring harness issue but wtf do I know

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I haven't sat in it myself, but from photos and reviews, the Veloster's interior looks tragically plasticky. For me personally that is a dealbreaker.

japan617

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
I haven't sat in it myself, but from photos and reviews, the Veloster's interior looks tragically plasticky. For me personally that is a dealbreaker.
Oh it is... I test drove a Veloster Turbo Touring and the entire interior was plastic. for $26k

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Oh it is... I test drove a Veloster Turbo Touring and the entire interior was plastic. for $26k
I can one up you. I had a camaro and the entire interior was plastic for $38k!!! It can't be that bad. Were you focused on driving the vehicle or fondling the interior?

mechanical42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife Prius, 2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Usually a cheap interior means the manufacturer is cutting corners in other areas as well that you can't see which affects performance and long term reliability. If they can cheapen out on what the customer can see and feel, what stops them from going with cheaper parts under the hood? Not all the time, but it definitely happens.

Also cheaper interior means it's more prone to rattles, road noise, fitment issues, long term wear and tear.

fist4064

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 6MT Coupe, 2013 Nissan Frontier SV
Country flag
Usually a cheap interior means the manufacturer is cutting corners in other areas as well that you can't see which affects performance and long term reliability. If they can cheapen out on what the customer can see and feel, what stops them from going with cheaper parts under the hood? Not all the time, but it definitely happens.

Also cheaper interior means it's more prone to rattles, road noise, fitment issues, long term wear and tear.
My Civic rattles....

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I saw the Veloster Turbo at the Dayton Auto Show this year and was very disappointed. I really liked the shape and style from the previous generation but this one looks too short or something (front to back) and the interior, compared at least to the Si, is a real turd. It made me sad for the model. I think it did have a big sunroof, which I liked.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
ugh another hyundai topic...i puked all over myself again.
Sponsored