MarkR171

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si, '17 MX5, '01 Miata
Country flag
Prepping my daily Si coupe for the SCCA National Time Trial at PittRace next month. Was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for available track pads for the Si.

Thanks
Sponsored

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
Prepping my daily Si coupe for the SCCA National Time Trial at PittRace next month. Was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for available track pads for the Si.

Thanks
When I used to do events in my last Si, all I used was rotors and pads by StopTech, added stainless steel brake lines, and the high temp racing brake fluid. Literally held up amazing for me and never once experienced brake-fade. Few hundred bucks for all that worked out great vs buying a full BBK. Just my $0.02 cents tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP
OP
MarkR171

MarkR171

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a hard time believing StopTech pads would hold up to a TT session.

gt58

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sedan, 2004 STi
Country flag
see if Project MU or Carbotech make pads (i'm only experienced with subaru track pads.. not sure about civic availability). Keep in mind that dedicated track pads should NOT be used on the streets. they wont perform well when cold and they'll squeal like a mofo.

gt58

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sedan, 2004 STi
Country flag
see if Project MU or Carbotech make pads (i'm only experienced with subaru track pads.. not sure about civic availability). Keep in mind that dedicated track pads should NOT be used on the streets. they wont perform well when cold and they'll squeal like a mofo.
Track pads, DOT 4 fluid (i use RBF 600 in my 04 STi) and SS brake lines (optional)

OP
OP
MarkR171

MarkR171

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Track pads, DOT 4 fluid (i use RBF 600 in my 04 STi) and SS brake lines (optional)
I contacted G-Loc and they confirmed they will make pads for the Si with any of their compounds if you order directly from them. I bought G-Loc R10 for the front and R8 for the rear.

HomieGohan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1999 Civic Hatch NDF Style
Country flag
Anyone have experience with Project Mu pads? Thinking of going this route for my TT event next week

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can vouch for the Hawk HPS 5.0 pads for the Si. However i've been going to more track days and have been getting faster, and so i think i might need something even more aggressive. Hawk makes an HP+ pad, but they dont seem to be available for the Si.

Any info on EBC bluestuff? I figure the EBC yellowstuff is probably on par with the HPS 5.0 compound.

si@vegas

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Can vouch for the Hawk HPS 5.0 pads for the Si. However i've been going to more track days and have been getting faster, and so i think i might need something even more aggressive. Hawk makes an HP+ pad, but they dont seem to be available for the Si.

Any info on EBC bluestuff? I figure the EBC yellowstuff is probably on par with the HPS 5.0 compound.
DId you just change the pads? Or did you get matching rotors as well? I'm looking to get powerstop track day pads, and noticed they have a package with rotors as a matching set. I figured this might be the way to go, so I can just swap out the stock set after the event.

JT

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
DId you just change the pads? Or did you get matching rotors as well? I'm looking to get powerstop track day pads, and noticed they have a package with rotors as a matching set. I figured this might be the way to go, so I can just swap out the stock set after the event.

JT
I actually just bought at got the PS trackday pads as well. So we'll see how they do. I figure that if they perform as well as the hps pads and have 2/3 the lifespan, they will be a solid option.

And I changed rotors a while ago. Just went with centric performance blanks.

SCcanyoncrvr

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I actually just bought at got the PS trackday pads as well. So we'll see how they do. I figure that if they perform as well as the hps pads and have 2/3 the lifespan, they will be a solid option.

And I changed rotors a while ago. Just went with centric performance blanks.
yea let me know how those PS pads work out.

AGNBLUEsi

First Name
Wung
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Back in June 2020 i tried the PS Evolution brake pads on OEM rotors. In 1 session I did 2 hot laps and I started to experience major brake fade. When it comes to braking, these brake pads are better than OEM for sure.

In 08/2020 I tried the PS track day brake pads on OEM rotors. Did 6 hpde sessions with a total of 120min track time in 1 day. The pads held up. But the brake rotors did not. Had to go to the local parts store and got a set of front rotors. PS did say to use it with their brake rotors. But idk if thats a marketing thing or if their rotors are actually better.

macrossranma

First Name
macross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI
Country flag
I use the powerstop track day pads and rotors good braking power and no fade on track, they have good bite for autox as well. Down side they wear out very fast, they last 2 lapping days max for me (about 60 hot laps). They are squeaky and they are alot of dust. But they are cheap

ycehcky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I am selling a front set of G-Loc R-12 pads, a more used front set of Hawk 5.0s and front Centric Cryo treated rotors in the Member's Classifieds. All for $125 shipped.