First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Found someone who can source me some Raybestos ST43 pads. These will be my HPDE pads, as none of the other "performance" pads that are easily available have seemed to cut it for me. That being said i haven't tried the Carbotech pads or Gloc pads, but they may be pretty good.

For anyone interested in having custom pads cut for their Si, PST1697 is the FMSI number of the OE 10th gen Si front pad backing plate.
Sponsored

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Found someone who can source me some Raybestos ST43 pads. These will be my HPDE pads, as none of the other "performance" pads that are easily available have seemed to cut it for me. That being said i haven't tried the Carbotech pads or Gloc pads, but they may be pretty good.

For anyone interested in having custom pads cut for their Si, PST1697 is the FMSI number of the OE 10th gen Si front pad backing plate.
Thanks for sharing the info. What are you using for the rear? I know there's a lot more options as the Si and the CTR share the same rear brake pad shape.

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for sharing the info. What are you using for the rear? I know there's a lot more options as the Si and the CTR share the same rear brake pad shape.
have been using HPS 5.0 pads in the rear for almost a year with probably a dozen track days on them still with 40-50% life left in them

eye-5

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2007 Nissan 350z
Country flag

I highly recommend Raybestos ST43 pads for track use. I use them in my 350z and I've tried a ton of pads trying to find ones I like for track. They are noisy and dusty so not recommended for daily use but I leave them in all year round on my 350z since I only drive it occasionally and to and from events. I also use them for autocross in that car. they work pretty good cold as opposed to most track only style pads.

RHMS

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SPB(2x), 350z, Si
I am a huge fan on the GLocs on my civic. I used GLocs on multiple different cars(Spec Miata, Spec Boxster and Civic). I also have experience with various different pads on those cars (Hawk, StopTech, ect.). I prefer GLocs.

SCcanyoncrvr

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have carbotech xp10 arriving Monday. Next track day isn’t until 5/8 tho so won’t be able to get you an update until then

bnadeau73

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Just saw this thread after creating a new thread in the brake section. I’ll post my question here too.

I compete in an SCCA Solo stock class (G Street) in my 2017 Civic Si Coupe. The class rules require I keep the brake rotors and calipers like stock. Therefore, does anyone have track day or racing experience with stock style blank rotors and track pads, I am looking for ones that will hold up better than stock? I plan to do track day events where there will be heavy braking. What are my options for pads? I was considering Paragon R5 fronts and Paragon P3 rears, but it appears that Paragon may not make front pads for my model. Raybestos ST43 sound like a possibility, but I would want a more aggressive pad in the front and a less aggressive pad in the rear, equivalent to an R5, P3 setup. I used to daily drive, autocross, and do track days with Hawk DTC-70 and DTC-60 on my ‘04 G35, thus I’m ok with brake noise and dust, just looking for optimum performance both on the track and during autocross.

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have carbotech xp10 arriving Monday. Next track day isn’t until 5/8 tho so won’t be able to get you an update until then
How did the xp10 pads work out? Caliper/fluid hold up to the extra heat alright?

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I use Carbotech XP10 with 27Won big brake kit. Switch to Carbotech street pads for the New England winter. It look like the Xp10 pads and rotors are going to wear out about the same time.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
NAPA Adaptive One coated rotors with Carbotech XP10/8 for track and 1521's for street/autocross.
How do you like the 1521's on the street compared to OEM? Do they squeal any? Better initial bite?Really pricey though at almost $400 for front and rear. Right now I have Porterfield R4S all around but am interested in possibly switching out.

The Carbotech™ 1521™ is our high-performance street compound. The 1521™ compound is known for its release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. 1521™ is also a very low dusting and low noise compound with an excellent initial bite. This compound's excellent linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Carbotech™ 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 800°F (426°C+). 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle or fleet vehicle. Carbotech™ 1521™ is NOT recommended for ANY track use.
Sponsored