luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hello guys looking for good tires for my si in the next few days. I was recommended the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 which look pretty good but I wanted to hear your suggestions on what else is out there. Not trying to break the bank so trying to stay around $150 per tire or less. Please let me know on your comments. Thanks
Sponsored

grifocx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Are you looking for something that can handle snow or only dry weather? For just dry those are awesome, and also the Pirelli P Zero GT. For more practical all weather, my fav is the Conti ExtremeContact DWS06.

OP
OP
luispe7

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Are you looking for something that can handle snow or only dry weather? For just dry those are awesome, and also the Pirelli P Zero GT. For more practical all weather, my fav is the Conti ExtremeContact DWS06.
Mostly just dry weather since imI in Florida. Thanks for the recommendation .

Gomie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2013 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm thinking about the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 as well for my 2013 Civic Si. I've been doing a decent amount of research the last few days and this seems like the best tire for the lowest price. I live in SoCal so I don't worry about cold temps (and never snow) and it rains like 10 days a year here so I'm not even concerned at all about wet traction.

I'm replacing 4 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 and I have decided not to go back to those tires. They were great when they were new, much better handling and grip compared to the stock all seasons that came with the car, but I was concerned that they wore out so fast. I don't drive like a maniac but they only lasted about 25,000 miles. Maybe that is all they are supposed to last? I was thinking of giving the Firestone's a try.

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Did ya'll see the AAA tire study about if "more expensive tires actually are worth their price in performance compared to 'cheaper' tires"? It's a pretty interesting read but long story short based off the randomly picked tires they used: Michelin has the best bang for your buck as far as keeping similar stats when either new or worn. Meaning, as they wear, their performance doesn't as much as other brands.

If you're interested, here is the actual study write-up: https://www.aaa.com/AAA/common/AAR/files/Tire-Study-Report.pdf

And here is a pretty good video explaining it (a little lengthy if you've time):

OP
OP
luispe7

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm thinking about the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 as well for my 2013 Civic Si. I've been doing a decent amount of research the last few days and this seems like the best tire for the lowest price. I live in SoCal so I don't worry about cold temps (and never snow) and it rains like 10 days a year here so I'm not even concerned at all about wet traction.

I'm replacing 4 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 and I have decided not to go back to those tires. They were great when they were new, much better handling and grip compared to the stock all seasons that came with the car, but I was concerned that they wore out so fast. I don't drive like a maniac but they only lasted about 25,000 miles. Maybe that is all they are supposed to last? I was thinking of giving the Firestone's a try.
Where do you get your tires? I've been looking locally and are hard to find . Guess will have to order online

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
I watched the Vid earlier since I'm subbed to EE. Interesting for sure. Just confirmed to me how much the stock A/S tires suck on the Si :)

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag

OP
OP
luispe7

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I might try these Riken Raptor ZR at $75/each:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...WR8RZRXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
Looks like it's being discontinued, maybe because it is an old model (googling turns up a press release introducing it in 2005). But the reviews on Tirerack are good as well as forum reviews.
I pulled the trigger on the firehawks. Will be delivered 7/2 can't wait to get them on. I have the goodyear sport all season that it came with and not impressed by them.

OP
OP
luispe7

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've got the indy 500s on my Si and they're a night and day difference over the stock tires. Best bang for your buck IMO.
I'm stoked to hear that. I can't wait to put them on

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're not giving yourself very many good options on that strict of a budget. I'd recommend this one:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...YR8ECSXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Continental is running a $70 rebate as well:
https://www.tirerack.com/specialoffers/details.jsp?promoID=C827

EDIT: Just saw you went with the Firehawks. I think you'll notice an improvement on the worn Goodyears. But will be interested to hear how these wear in after 5-7K.
I have Firehawks with 15-20k on them and they are still great. Not a track tire, but awesome for the street.
Sponsored