Civic Si timing now that coupe won't launch until March?

drakenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Matrix XRS
That's a pity. I was hoping to see it unveiled at Chicago since I was under the impression that the Si would arrive in March. But if the coupe really is set to arrive in march, then I doubt we'll see a simultaneous launch of the coupe and Si models.

Next summer seems a bit far off to me, but at least I'll be better positioned to buy one by then.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Since we won't be seeing a manual transmission until the '17 model year, I have the feeling the Si won't be available until late summer/early fall 2016.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Since we won't be seeing a manual transmission until the '17 model year, I have the feeling the Si won't be available until late summer/early fall 2016.
My prediction earlier in the thread was a March debut for the Si at the New York autoshow, with production starting around June.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
I wish Honda would hurry the freak up and spill some Si details. VW is giving away GTI's and I have a FHI discount for Subaru.

BTW the Si will NEED to be 2.0T. That's where the competition is at in the 25-26k range. Freaking base GTI is under $26k msrp, and dyno's about 260hp 310tq at the crank. So freaking appealing.

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
I wish Honda would hurry the freak up and spill some Si details. VW is giving away GTI's and I have a FHI discount for Subaru.
Some info or teaser at least does feel kinda overdue now... Or at least parade around a prototype so we can see some spy pics.

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R

BTW the Si will NEED to be 2.0T. That's where the competition is at in the 25-26k range. Freaking base GTI is under $26k msrp, and dyno's about 260hp 310tq at the crank. So freaking appealing.
Im really interested in the Si specs also... Isnt the VW GTI only rated for 210 or 220hp?

And ya hopefully with the CivicX Si Honda will choose to actually compete with competition, Which is not something they did with the 9th gen si.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Impressive! lol didn't expect that. Too bad im not a big fan of German reliability as a DD car.
Neither was I. Turns out the current mk7 platform is very reliable. I might lease one and give it a try. I leased a 2008 Impreza and at the end of it's lease it developed the common head gasket failure. We elected to get rid of the car.

Nice thing about the new 1.5T is that it seems under rated also. Gives me hope for the Si.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--

That's an option if you want a hatchback. But the Si will likely come in sedan and coupe only so there might not be much cross-shopping between the Si and GTI.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
My wife insists on 5 door hatches. That's all she's ever owned. So the GTI will make her happy. Glad to hear CivicX will have 5 door hatch soon also.

As for me, coupe or hatchback are preferred.

sennansx91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Buddy who works for Honda is telling me that they're really behind schedule and they've only done one trial for the coupe. He said that a push to 2017 release would not be surprising... ;(

I was hoping to get the SI for this platform, it looked promising.. But I was looking to get a car in March... 2016 Genesis it is!

Unless someone else has a better suggestion haha

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buddy who works for Honda is telling me that they're really behind schedule and they've only done one trial for the coupe. He said that a push to 2017 release would not be surprising... ;(

I was hoping to get the SI for this platform, it looked promising.. But I was looking to get a car in March... 2016 Genesis it is!

Unless someone else has a better suggestion haha
What engine are they putting into the Si? Does your buddy know?

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A little late to reply, but they're pretty tight lipped about the info that goes out... Whatever is out there from hondaprojason is the most accurate information to keep an ear to.
I understand ;)
Sponsored