First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Hey everyone first time posting.
Picked up a 2018 si sedan last week. Absolutely loving the car. Might even be more fun than the s2000 I had in the past (much better daily driver at the least). Anyways, my goal is to have a reliable, fun, daily driver that looks and handles good. I would occasionally like to take the car to a track day and really get to know itā€™s characteristics. I think the stock suspension is excellent so far even though I have just 300 miles on the car the chassis feels very well balanced.
Iā€™m looking for some suggestions at what suspension would be best for even more improved handling without sacrificing too much daily driving comfort. Iā€™ve read that eibach pro kit is popular, but how does it alter the driving characteristics? Iā€™ve lowered my cars in the past but without handing in mind. The time around I want to do things right- function>form.
Thanks !
Sponsored

TheAsianNguyen

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

AbpSi814

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fk8
Country flag
I have the pro kit. Itā€™s a little firmer than stock. I like it a lot, Iā€™m able to clear most driveways. Mature enough for my age.

Hey everyone first time posting.
Picked up a 2018 si sedan last week. Absolutely loving the car. Might even be more fun than the s2000 I had in the past (much better daily driver at the least). Anyways, my goal is to have a reliable, fun, daily driver that looks and handles good. I would occasionally like to take the car to a track day and really get to know itā€™s characteristics. I think the stock suspension is excellent so far even though I have just 300 miles on the car the chassis feels very well balanced.
Iā€™m looking for some suggestions at what suspension would be best for even more improved handling without sacrificing too much daily driving comfort. Iā€™ve read that eibach pro kit is popular, but how does it alter the driving characteristics? Iā€™ve lowered my cars in the past but without handing in mind. The time around I want to do things right- function>form.
Thanks !

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the pro kit. Itā€™s a little firmer than stock. I like it a lot, Iā€™m able to clear most driveways. Mature enough for my age.
Any improvement over the stock handling ? I am leaning towards this or the sport line with camber kit. I have an si so I wonder how it is with the active dampers

AbpSi814

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fk8
Country flag
Any improvement over the stock handling ? I am leaning towards this or the sport line with camber kit. I have an si so I wonder how it is with the active dampers
Yes. Very big improvement in handling. It is noticeably really firm with sport mode. I usually leave sport mode off. Most people donā€™t notice it being lowered. No complaints from my passengers.

No alignment needed as well, for me at least. It was still within spec. For me as a daily drover, it fits the bill for what I was looking for. Sportline wouldā€™ve been too low and I encounter a lot of driveways and speed bumps on my daily drive

Hth

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes. Very big improvement in handling. It is noticeably really firm with sport mode. I usually leave sport mode off. Most people donā€™t notice it being lowered. No complaints from my passengers.

No alignment needed as well, for me at least. It was still within spec. For me as a daily drover, it fits the bill for what I was looking for. Sportline wouldā€™ve been too low and I encounter a lot of driveways and speed bumps on my daily drive

Hth
Iā€™m glad to hear that! I wonder if there is a handling improvement if going with the sports or if itā€™s purelty aesthetic. Iā€™m in south Florida, rodes are pretty flat for the most part. I encounter small speed bumps daily, nothing major.

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Country flag
I have prokit as well and for daily driving and slightly spirited driving with sport mode i am satisfied with it. But when I brought my car to the canyon though and I feel the prokit doesnā€™t dampen the car enough with the stock damper even in sport mode. I will be taking my car to track next week and see how it is.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
If you are looking for handling improvement then the biggest bang for your buck upgrade is going to be a rear sway bar. Stiffer springs aren't really going to do you any good unless they are paired with a proper shock.

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
I will be going with the HFP suspension upgrade and camber bolts up front and rear camber arms. I realize my car wonā€™t be any lower but Iā€™ve heard good things on how it handles, so i figure with all the other stuff I mentioned and the Typr R RSB I have on now, it should handle corners pretty well especially if paired with some good sticky tires

Osobigg

Grand Sky Marshal of the North
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatchback 6MT Polished Metal
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
+1 for the HFP kit

A buddy has it on his car, he likes that the Adaptable Dampers allow him to change the comfort level of his ride. Plus, more factory-like setup then coilovers

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you are looking for handling improvement then the biggest bang for your buck upgrade is going to be a rear sway bar. Stiffer springs aren't really going to do you any good unless they are paired with a proper shock.
But will lowering it with letā€™s say eibachs, make it handle worse using stock shocks? Thatā€™s my only concern

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will be going with the HFP suspension upgrade and camber bolts up front and rear camber arms. I realize my car wonā€™t be any lower but Iā€™ve heard good things on how it handles, so i figure with all the other stuff I mentioned and the Typr R RSB I have on now, it should handle corners pretty well especially if paired with some good sticky tires
FYI, you canā€™t use camber bolts on the tenth gen.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
But will lowering it with letā€™s say eibachs, make it handle worse using stock shocks? Thatā€™s my only concern
It won't make it worse at first, but what it will do is wear out the factory dampers at a quicker rate and when they finally give out you will have an expensive bill to replace the dampers with OEM Honda parts....unless some aftermarket company comes up with a cheaper solution for the electronically controlled units.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Thanks for letting me know. Thatā€™s the route I took with my ā€˜13 Si. Iā€™ll need to figure something else out then
The first step is to remove the locating pins in the top of the factory struts and take advantage of the slotted mounting points. It wonā€™t give you much, but itā€™s helpful.

You can get additional camber by using a pair of the SPC adjustable ball joints:
https://twostepperformance.com/prod...joint-1-0-deg-individual-for-2016-civic-non-r
Sponsored