Jonny10thgen

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan
Country flag
My si has the usual DI ticking noise, but today when I backed into my driveway I popped the hood and listened to the engine for alittle and I heard almost like a hissing noise/slight whirring noise coming from the car. Mainly pinpointed it to the area around the intake manifold.

Here's the kicker tho, when I blipped the throttle in nuetral while still idling the noise stopped ?? And the idle sound was normal again. 56k miles, recently did oil change and service at 39,000 miles
Sponsored

Crab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2002 Accord EX-L, 2003 Dodge Dakota
Country flag
My si has the usual DI ticking noise, but today when I backed into my driveway I popped the hood and listened to the engine for alittle and I heard almost like a hissing noise/slight whirring noise coming from the car. Mainly pinpointed it to the area around the intake manifold.

Here's the kicker tho, when I blipped the throttle in nuetral while still idling the noise stopped ?? And the idle sound was normal again. 56k miles, recently did oil change and service at 39,000 miles

Similar to this noise? Dealer said it was high ethanol % in HPFP on mine.

Ricardowelch

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
My si has the usual DI ticking noise, but today when I backed into my driveway I popped the hood and listened to the engine for alittle and I heard almost like a hissing noise/slight whirring noise coming from the car. Visit Autofthings to review best multimeter for automotive with Ryan Harvey if you concern. Mainly pinpointed it to the area around the intake manifold.

If you hear hissing noise/slight whirring noise coming from the hood, it is possible leaking something. Coolant or oil could be leaking onto a heated engine as the exhaust manifold; leaking vacuum line or the overheating engine. You should take to dealer to check.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If its anything like that video, I think thats actually the fuel pump making that noise?

Sahin93

First Name
Sahin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport sedan
Country flag
I also started to hear this strange noise. It sounds like a suction or something being sprayed while idling or driving at lower speed. Sounds like it’s coming through the center fans while AC is off, but its not consistent
2019 civic sedan sport - 8000 km

OP
OP
Jonny10thgen

Jonny10thgen

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan
Country flag
I also started to hear this strange noise. It sounds like a suction or something being sprayed while idling or driving at lower speed. Sounds like it’s coming through the center fans while AC is off, but its not consistent
2019 civic sedan sport - 8000 km
Yes exactly!, it doesnt affect performance. Quick question. Does any of your guys warm idle rpm pulse alittle bit like 50rpm if even. When your stopped. My rpm needle twitches on 700 rpm that normal?

Sahin93

First Name
Sahin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport sedan
Country flag
Yes exactly!, it doesnt affect performance. Quick question. Does any of your guys warm idle rpm pulse alittle bit like 50rpm if even. When your stopped. My rpm needle twitches on 700 rpm that normal?
Yeah I see it too. that’s nothing
Sponsored