Civic Si short ram intake options?

foehammerone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys, I'm looking to pick up an SRI for my Si Coupe, but all the ones I see are listed only for EX/EXL/Touring. Is the fitment for an SRI the same on the Si as the other 1.5 turbo models? Can someone point me in the right direction?
Sponsored

TheAsianNguyen

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The housing for the MAF sensor in the SI is bigger than the basic Civics

Akalawur77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys, I'm looking to pick up an SRI for my Si Coupe, but all the ones I see are listed only for EX/EXL/Touring. Is the fitment for an SRI the same on the Si as the other 1.5 turbo models? Can someone point me in the right direction?
Injen's intake for our cars can be converted to a SRI. Also K&N is working on a SRI for our cars, not sure if it's out yet, but from what people say their intakes have been pretty bad (loss of power over stock) for the previous gen hondas

Speeder92

Blue Dream
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Injen's intake for our cars can be converted to a SRI. Also K&N is working on a SRI for our cars, not sure if it's out yet, but from what people say their intakes have been pretty bad (loss of power over stock) for the previous gen hondas
Well thats a bummer I hope they make more, that give a boost, and hondata can tune it so it works with our cars, i like the sound of an Sri over a cold air intake plus from my understanding it's easier to install

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
K&N short ram is finally on their site. It even comes with a heat-shield.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I installed the Injen kit as a CAI but it has the option to do SRI if you want. Did it make a difference in power? Not sure, but it sure looks good and sounds great, lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si short ram intake options? 20171102_220731
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si short ram intake options? 20171102_224057

OP
OP

foehammerone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I almost ordered an SRI for the regular 1.5, thanks for the info guys. Looks like K&N is the only one to sell an SRI at the time of this post, but it's pretty much the same price as a CAI. I'd like to have the CAI but our roads here are terrible and we get a lot of thunderstorms/hurricanes so I'm pretty hesitant to do it. Guess I'll just have to wait for a cheaper SRI option to come available.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Would removing the intake resonator but keeping the stock airbox achieve the same sounds as a SRI?

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Hold onto your seatbelts! Our short ram is coming out in the next 3-4 weeks! Waiting on some final parts to come back from being laser cut.

The Cold air we make is always going to be a better option, since it gets real air from outside of the engine compartment.

We have decided to release a short ram intake, which can be upgraded to a cold air as an option.
Current cold air customers can make there intakes into short rams with a kit we will be offering separately as well for anyone who wants to play around with both.

Speeder92

Blue Dream
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hold onto your seatbelts! Our short ram is coming out in the next 3-4 weeks! Waiting on some final parts to come back from being laser cut.

The Cold air we make is always going to be a better option, since it gets real air from outside of the engine compartment.

We have decided to release a short ram intake, which can be upgraded to a cold air as an option.
Current cold air customers can make there intakes into short rams with a kit we will be offering separately as well for anyone who wants to play around with both.
Are ethier of which carb legal?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag

Thanks! I've made peace with the fact that a SRI may cause a slight reduction in performance. Any idea how big the hit might be? Or alternately, any chance that we might see a similar performance boost to the Stage 1 intake?

I'd just go ahead and install the Stage 1, but frankly, I'm most interested in getting the intake sounds. :)

10gCiViC

British Columbia Guru
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si / 1972 Gran Torino 351CJ-4V

@PRL Motorsports will there be a heatshield as well for this? Will the filter be dry or oiled? I will definitely wait for this. Any idea on pricing? Anywhere between the stage 1 and CAI ?

Toolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Will it fit Canadian Si..?!..as you have said the CAI does not. (should have that on noted on product page)