Civic Si Pricing

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
No disrespect but you're confusing invoice with dealer cost. Dealers do not pay invoice. There's more to it.
You do realize dealers don't actually pay invoice right? Sure, w/ hold back and destination, there's more to be figured, but they don't show you dealer volume incentives. Typically the factory will offer a larger volume dealer more incentives that won't be reflected on any invoice you'll be shown.
Every dealer pays the same price for the same car. Period. The invoice is the same. The holdback is the same.

Yes, there are other incentives that will affect the dealer's profit as a whole, but that depends meeting other quotas which may or may not be met. The invoice less holdback will tell you how much a car costs the dealer NOW. It is not correct to base a dealer's cost for a car based on any extra incentives they may or may not receive in the future after you've purchased the car.
Sponsored

Stealthy86

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Every dealer pays the same price for the same car. Period. The invoice is the same. The holdback is the same.

Yes, there are other incentives that will affect the dealer's profit as a whole, but that depends meeting other quotas which may or may not be met. The invoice less holdback will tell you how much a car costs the dealer NOW. It is not correct to base a dealer's cost for a car based on any extra incentives they may or may not receive in the future after you've purchased the car.
Lol, alright dude. Whatever.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I pay no attention to doc fees - the dealer can show/charge any number they want. The number at the bottom is the one that matters.
I would still look at the doc fee if you are trying to gather "data" for what people have paid. They can give you a great price for the vehicle but rack up the doc fee to make up for some of the discount they gave on the price of the car.

For MetalFox or the buyer , the number on the bottom is the one that matters ofc. But i'm assuming you are trying to gather data ..

Finally got around to taking the personal stuff out of mine...
Good to see some trade in values for the '15 SI. I'll be trading mine in when I purchase it so it's nice to have some numbers to see what they give for it.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I paid MSRP and $299 on doc fees but also another $399 for some "mandatory" security feature where they can trace every part of my car if chopped up.

OTD I paid $27,500.... but I have a pretty good monthly payment rate! I would do it all over again if I could. ❤ this car

splat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si
Country flag
I put a deposit on an MSM sedan last night. $500 off MSRP and no dealer add-ons. $598 doc fee. Estimated arrival date is 8/10.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
There's no minimum for doc fees. They are fees charged by the dealer that stay at the dealer. They are not levied or required by taxing jurisdictions outside the dealership. They are pure profit for the dealership - plain and simple.

There are, however, maximum limits for doc fees.

Here in Texas, for example, a dealer is permitted to charge a doc fee, but if they do they must charge every customer the same amount. If they choose to waive the doc fee, it must still appear on the paperwork and be offset somewhere else (lower the price of the new car or raise the value of the trade-in).

splat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si
Country flag
So, you paid $98 over MSRP.
Doc fee is the same on any vehicle. Same as the other Honda dealer I bought my Fit from. And yes, it's added profit for the dealer, but I lump it in with tax, tag and title as the cost of purchasing.

I'm happy that they agreed to no dealer add-ons. Their "pro pack" is absurd profit for them.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
If they choose to waive the doc fee, it must still appear on the paperwork and be offset somewhere else (lower the price of the new car or raise the value of the trade-in).
Thanks, that explains a few things. Noticed that on mine (and many others posted here) and didn't understand why would they keep the fee but drop the MSRP, instead of just waiving the fee. Figured it was some sort of bureaucratic necessity making for easier accounting/paperwork, but had no idea it was legally required.

We have way too many laws in this country. :p
Sponsored

Last edited: