hockeymutt

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 si
Country flag
Not bad at all. I'm new to Honda purchasing so not sure how low they'll go. $2k off seems excellent. How low can it go haha??
lol yea got that included a 500 discount i get through my work. also they'll give you a horrible rate through honda i took that rate and refinanced it through my bank for half what they quoted me. just use truecar and use multiple zip codes and use it against them.

i went with this dealer after receiving many low ball offers on my trade ( a 2015 s3) they came within a thousand of what i wanted and got them to go up to what i wanted in seconds lol and the funny thing is the sales manager bought my car from the dealership as i saw him driving it around the next day. they also discounted the price with out any struggles, the only thing i had to fight for was the floor mats/ wheel looks they wanted $600 for but one text got that cut in half. I've fought for doc fee discounts but its such a pain for the $100 they'll discount it. i'm just glad my insurance went down and my payment got slashed by $100 a month. they other great thing is parts for the honda compared to my audi is almost a quarter for what they would have been.
Sponsored

xenotactics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Civic
Imagine going to Walmart and being charged a fixed, $5 "checkout fee" on every purchase to cover the cost of the cashier's wages and the receipt paper whether you bought a $1,000 television or a $10 box of rubbers.

Sales tax, title fees, and registration fees, on the other hand, don't belong to the dealer and they can't charge any more or less than the effective rates or amounts. The amount of sales tax you pay varies since it is a percentage of the purchase price.

I would never consider a doc fee to be a "cost of purchasing"...because it isn't. Ultimately, it doesn't matter how much the doc fee is - the number at the bottom of the page is the only one that matters. I don't care if a dealer charges a $4,000 doc fee as long as they take another $4,000 off the purchase price. :)
This reasoning is just plain BS. You do pay a check out fee at walmart...it is just included in the price of your tv and rubbers. Walmart makes more profit on their products percentage wise than any dealer in the whole country. Those documents are expensive and it is right for a dealer to charge for it as long as they don't overcharge. My store charges 166.10 which is the cost for all paperwork and for all expenses to process paperwork

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
lol yea got that included a 500 discount i get through my work. also they'll give you a horrible rate through honda i took that rate and refinanced it through my bank for half what they quoted me. just use truecar and use multiple zip codes and use it against them.

i went with this dealer after receiving many low ball offers on my trade ( a 2015 s3) they came within a thousand of what i wanted and got them to go up to what i wanted in seconds lol and the funny thing is the sales manager bought my car from the dealership as i saw him driving it around the next day. they also discounted the price with out any struggles, the only thing i had to fight for was the floor mats/ wheel looks they wanted $600 for but one text got that cut in half. I've fought for doc fee discounts but its such a pain for the $100 they'll discount it. i'm just glad my insurance went down and my payment got slashed by $100 a month. they other great thing is parts for the honda compared to my audi is almost a quarter for what they would have been.
The floor mats can be had just shy of $100...and the wheel locks around $40...so ya still paid about double what you could have, but if you're happy, that's all that counts.
Sponsored