civic si pricing difference.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Not all of us. ;)
Sponsored

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not all of us. ;)
My favorite is "You don't have a Type R because you can't afford one".

Pfft, please. I bought 2 brand new Si's in a span of 4 months. I paid for my Si cash and own it outright. I can afford a Type R. Being able to afford and being able to justify the cost are 2 different things.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
idk if anyone has been over to the honda building site but the EX-L civic sedan is almost the same price as the SI and it comes with more features. yet the si owners turn their noses down on us because of 30 hp? better suspension? this isnt a racing car. it will NEVER be a racing car. its a cheap daily fuel efficient car. but im kinda surprised at how cheap the si is compared to regular ex-l sedan considering its supposed to have stronger body and parts and better performance. thoughts?:popcorn:
Does the EX-L come with a manual transmission?

No?

Well, then... there you go.

jms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring Coupe, '21 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
IMO, if you want the best track car, get a Type R. If you want the best track car, but can't afford the Type R get an SI. If you want the best daily driver, get a touring.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
because they own a manual but in reality the pricing for an automatic EX-L or touring equals or exceeds the si which in reality price would equate better quality. A 30k car should be nicer than a 20k car. I don’t think any si owner is wrong for choosing it. I just noticed the prices are about the same an was wondering why if it such a better car.
At 22.5k which is what I paid for my Si, why shouldn't I have gotten an Si in your opinion? What does an EX L or any other trim offer that I would want that I don't get in an Si? (CTR excluded)

These threads justifying people's personal purchases are getting out of hand. Seems like no one can just be happy with what they CHOSE to buy.

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
My favorite is "You don't have a Type R because you can't afford one".

Pfft, please. I bought 2 brand new Si's in a span of 4 months. I paid for my Si cash and own it outright. I can afford a Type R. Being able to afford and being able to justify the cost are 2 different things.
Judging someone's financial state by what car they drive is in general, not very smart. People spend their money in different ways.

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When you buy a car, you should be making a list on what will work the best for you. Do you have a family? Buy a four door. Take vacations? Trunk space. Do you want new safety features? Maybe the higher trim levels.

I’m getting ready to get a new car and my list is:
New
2 doors
Dependable
Under $30,000
That’s it, so as you can see, my list as to what cars are available is very small.

After all of that, get any car you want that you’ll be happy with.

OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
When you buy a car, you should be making a list on what will work the best for you. Do you have a family? Buy a four door. Take vacations? Trunk space. Do you want new safety features? Maybe the higher trim levels.

I’m getting ready to get a new car and my list is:
New
2 doors
Dependable
Under $30,000
That’s it, so as you can see, my list as to what cars are available is very small.

After all of that, get any car you want that you’ll be happy with.
Civic COUPE FOR THE WIN!

OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol 90% of type r owners don’t even go to the track. It’s just a daily for some. It’s uncommon for sure though. I haven’t even seen one On the streets. Doesn’t mean it’s worth it. Especially since it’s pretty easy to make the hatchback look like a type r. So looks don’t matter much in reality. Performance can be achieved with si+mods. So there’s nothing special about it.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Lol 90% of type r owners don’t even go to the track. It’s just a daily for some. It’s uncommon for sure though. I haven’t even seen one On the streets. Doesn’t mean it’s worth it. Especially since it’s pretty easy to make the hatchback look like a type r. So looks don’t matter much in reality. Performance can be achieved with si+mods. So there’s nothing special about it.
Although it's still a "rarity," I've seen them here a little more often than I expected to.

Funny story: I once left an In-N-Out Burger in my MSM Si, only to pass by a MSM Type R that was leaving at the same time. We both left in the same direction and ventured toward another extremely close shopping center, though at that time we split to other stores. As I went to park at my store, I saw a white Type R parked there.

I've never seen two in quick succession like that before.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah man I think my comment got deleted :flame:

OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes the civic coupe or even the improved 2019 Miata
The Miata isn’t my flavor. Trying too hard to look like a Porsche or a z in my opinion. The civic coupe has its own unique look that I really like.