Civic Si OTD price thread

Ma_deuce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2002 ZX2, 2017 Si Coupe
From what I have seen, Honda gives no consideration to the dealerships. When it gets to the point that it's showing up "on order" it is usually close to being produced.
Sponsored

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag
I just called my dealer to see what they can do about getting a Steel Metallic sedan... they said 26.5k is doable with floor mats, trunk tray, and splash guards. So I asked for 26k (they said it's a slow month). I figure I should just do this and get on with the rest of my life...or go work for an automaker marketing department. Hmm...

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Where are all these dealers... You guys are lucky. Over here everyone seems to have "doc fees" and similar BS... Although to be fair, I haven't asked everyone yet -- some still only have these cars getting delivered/not on the lots yet. I know; patience, patience... Just a couple more weeks I think should start to change things for the better. And in July hopefully CTRs will start arriving -- that should really change this silly"special" status the Si's are having right now.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
And in July hopefully CTRs will start arriving -- that should really change this silly"special" status the Si's are having right now.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that 10% of Civic production will be Si and 10% of Si production will be Type R making the latter relatively rare. I believe the Type R will command MSRP+ for the foreseeable future (many months). While the Type R may overshadow the Si, if they are unattainable due to lack of availability or inflated prices there may be a number of buyers who "settle" for an Si instead keeping those sales steady and holding near or at MSRP. The Type R helps Honda's image and increases brand awareness even if the car is impossible to buy the day a shopper decides they want one.

Tonezorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Series.Yellow BRZ, 2014 Legacy, 2015 Crosstrek. Previous: 2011 Miata GT PRHT 2009 Forester XT, 2007 Cobalt
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that 10% of Civic production will be Si and 10% of Si production will be Type R making the latter relatively rare. I believe the Type R will command MSRP+ for the foreseeable future (many months). While the Type R may overshadow the Si, if they are unattainable due to lack of availability or inflated prices there may be a number of buyers who "settle" for an Si instead keeping those sales steady and holding near or at MSRP. The Type R helps Honda's image and increases brand awareness even if the car is impossible to buy the day a shopper decides they want one.
I still haven't made a purchase, going back and forth between waiting and various things, but what's funny is I would have "settled" by now for essentially a euro spec Civic hatch. Essentially a Hatch Si, if you will. Adaptive dampers, 1.5LT, and proper infotainment. Even without the revised engine and higher output of the proper Si.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
there may be a number of buyers who "settle" for an Si instead
It'll probably happen, but I'm suspecting the number/percentage of those people to be relatively low. If you're really in the market for Type R, the current Si simply isn't "enough" IMO. Vast majority of them will be looking into Golf R, WRX STI, etc. $10,000 is a big enough difference; if someone is planning to spend that on a performance car, I just don't see them deciding to keep that money instead and settling for this "weakling" Si. Different market. Some overlap -- yes; is that overlap significant -- not so sure.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
It's probably happen, but I'm suspecting the number/percentage of those people to be relatively low. If you're really in the market for Type R, the current Si simply isn't "enough" IMO. Vast majority of them will be looking into Golf R, WRX STI, etc. $10,000 is a big enough difference; if someone is planning to spend that on a performance car, I just don't see them deciding to keep that money instead and settling for this "weakling" Si. Different market. Some overlap -- yes; is that overlap significant -- not so sure.
That's probably accurate. Counter to this, I can see an alarming number of buyers walk into their dealer, hear the salesman say "Type R are 3-month wait at 10K over MSRP, but I have two Si in stock for MSRP", and the customer drive off in one. Those buyers probably shouldn't have been considering a Type R and had no business buying one, anyway. ;)

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Our local dealer says their Type R will be in this week. They are going to unload it, clean it and set it in the showroom with all the plastic coverings left on in the interior. Nobody from the dealer will drive it as they want it to have no more than 1 mile on it. Can't wait to see it in person.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
From what I have seen, Honda gives no consideration to the dealerships. When it gets to the point that it's showing up "on order" it is usually close to being produced.
Thank you. Was told by my dealer that it will arrive before July 28th. So hopefully a lot earlier.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I got my SI a week earlier then the eta the dealership had.
:rolleyes::( I was hoping it'd be a lot earlier... hopefully my situation will be one of those "good things happen to those who wait"

Edit:
Well looks like Black Sedan was sold now so there goes my hopes of getting a better deal.

Last edited:

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
:rolleyes::( I was hoping it'd be a lot earlier... hopefully my situation will be one of those "good things happen to those who wait"

Edit:
Well looks like Black Sedan was sold now so there goes my hopes of getting a better deal.
You getting yours at least for msrp?

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Our local dealer says their Type R will be in this week. They are going to unload it, clean it and set it in the showroom with all the plastic coverings left on in the interior. Nobody from the dealer will drive it as they want it to have no more than 1 mile on it. Can't wait to see it in person.
More like 10K add-on plus 20K ADM. Time for a base GT350

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Thank you. Was told by my dealer that it will arrive before July 28th. So hopefully a lot earlier.

I walked into a local dealership of mine yesterday, the only white they have right now is loaded with crap + ADM totals out 40K+. Even the sales was gigging, he said he can tell them not to put crap and drop mark-up on the next white one which comes in next week. Lmao Honda dealers.
Sponsored