First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe, 2002 Acura RSX Type S, 2017 Suzuki DRZ400SM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm interested in the h.tech springs as well. not looking for more than an inch drop so these seem to fit my needs. tend drive my car more like a rally car than anything so the more suspension stroke available the better.
I got them on the car.. let me tell you.. a real pain in the ass lol.. I went from being able to stick in three fingers to only being able to barely stick in two. I messed up and forgot to get pics after the install and I'm already back overseas.

The car is definitely a little stiffer, but not bouncy, doesn't buck over bumps, no weird noises, and sport mode is a blast with them. Definitely less body roll.. the stance is just enough to change the look of the car for me.. IMO these are the way to go.. I definitely recommend them. The car drives straight with no alignment issues.. although, I'm still going to get the alignment checked when I get back to the States.

The rears are super simple to install.. the fronts gave me some trouble though. Nothing terrible..

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Lowering Springs Master Guide 20201026_032914

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Lowering Springs Master Guide 20201107_142940

Last edited:

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am directly comparing them to Eibach Pro Kits which I was on prior to installing these Teins. There was a drastic improvement in ride quality from the Eibachs to the Teins; It feels very much like stock even after the springs settled. In regards to stiffness, I adjusted them towards the softer side; I’m 5 clicks from soft on the front and 6 clicks from soft on the rear. I regret not going to coils from the get go. I feel like I wasted money on the Pro Kits to be honest...oh well, I’m happy now with my current set up.
Thinking of getting these, and pondering how I might adjust the dampers. I was thinking that I'd adjust the rears stiffer than the fronts (like your set up) because it'd technically help the car rotate more in turns, but I don't plan on tracking mine or anything. I want the Flex Zs because I plan to stance the Si.

If it were easier, would you adjust the dampers differently than you have them now?

Also, when installing the rears, did you adjust the height of the rear shock? It looks like, from your pic, there's red factory tape across the lower adjustment perch, which I presume means 'do not touch'.

Thank you!

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Thinking of getting these, and pondering how I might adjust the dampers. I was thinking that I'd adjust the rears stiffer than the fronts (like your set up) because it'd technically help the car rotate more in turns, but I don't plan on tracking mine or anything. I want the Flex Zs because I plan to stance the Si.

If it were easier, would you adjust the dampers differently than you have them now?

Also, when installing the rears, did you adjust the height of the rear shock? It looks like, from your pic, there's red factory tape across the lower adjustment perch, which I presume means 'do not touch'.

Thank you!
That tape says Tighten to Specified Torque. It's just a reminder/holds collar for shipping.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That tape says Tighten to Specified Torque. It's just a reminder/holds collar for shipping.
Ah, okay, TY! Did you adjust your struts’ height?

UPDATE: After advice from TEIN, I lowered the strut height all the way down (i.e. it's shortest length) because I knew I was going to drop the ring ride height all the way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr.Apex

Mr.Apex

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
Updated with more info and new options for those of you looking to buy for black friday. Be sure to check our vendors for holiday pricing compared to the price I found pre holiday.

javegrc

First Name
Jave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic RS Turbo
Country flag
This thread was really informative and helped me make a decision which brand to go for, taking into consideration the road conditions we have here in the Philippines; pot hole ridden with an occasional mix of small but sharp speed bumps. :D

Anyway, after careful consideration of the data shared here, I decided to go for Swift springs as for me, they were a step up compared to the other lowering springs in the market in terms of spring rates, construction and the drop. I didn't want to go the route of installing a coilover as I had a very bad time driving my old gd3 on BC coilovers here in the Philippines.

The ride quality is very much tolerable albeit on the stiffer side, which you really feel when going over undulating portions of road. It isnt bone jarring, but significantly stiffer compared to stock springs or other lowering springs I've tried ( tein and h&r). Haven't taken them out to the track yet due to the pandemic, but after driving with them for a while now, I can tell they'll be at home in the track unlike other lowering springs with lower spring rates which tend to have huge amounts of body roll.

They are just spot on taking into consideration the road conditions we have here as well as the performance they provide for occasional spirited driving.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
I have an odd question. Correct me if I’m wrong but, I was under the assumption it is better that the spring rate is higher based on a car’s weight balance. Why are the rear springs stiffer on the rear than the front on the si compared to the type r where it’s front springs are stiffer than the rear?

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have an odd question. Correct me if I’m wrong but, I was under the assumption it is better that the spring rate is higher based on a car’s weight balance. Why are the rear springs stiffer on the rear than the front on the si compared to the type r where it’s front springs are stiffer than the rear?
One reason is related to the motion ratio.

Bozo8823

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
So, I’ve read just about every thread available and I still can’t make a decision. I want to go lower but I’m trying to avoid having to buy a camber kit. What is my best option for springs? I’m on 245/40/18 18x9.5 wheels and tires.

OP
OP
Mr.Apex

Mr.Apex

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
So, I’ve read just about every thread available and I still can’t make a decision. I want to go lower but I’m trying to avoid having to buy a camber kit. What is my best option for springs? I’m on 245/40/18 18x9.5 wheels and tires.
I have heard of people not needing camber kits with swift ,pro kit, and whiteline. But it really depends on your specific setup and whether or not your wheel and tire specs will rub without the extra camber adjustments. The aggressive wheel fitment thread is where id look and ask around.

OP
OP
Mr.Apex

Mr.Apex

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
Finally took pics of my setup for reference.

18x8.5 +35 Enkei TS9
Swift Spec R ( 1.1 drop all corners )
SPC Rear Camber Arms
20210511_115910.jpg
Very nice setup! Whats your tire spec?

javegrc

First Name
Jave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic RS Turbo
Country flag
I have heard of people not needing camber kits with swift ,pro kit, and whiteline. But it really depends on your specific setup and whether or not your wheel and tire specs will rub without the extra camber adjustments. The aggressive wheel fitment thread is where id look and ask around.
I can vouch for this. You don't really need a rear camber kit for springs that just drop around 1". In my case, the Swift Spec R springs I have didn't really need it as it barely had enough drop to affect the rear camber drastically ?