Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i gotcha also are you the one that runs unity performance by chance?

i saw the black car you just showed me on unity performances instagram lol
Correct, Unity spawned from my personal IG, aegeanbluesi. Just a community project at first that's continuing to grow :)
Sponsored

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Let us know how it goes with those ktuned springs. Very interested in those with around 20% stiffer rates than stock and a mild drop. I like the the Swift springs too but I think they would be a bit too stiff for my daily driver needs.
Will do! I'll have then installed in a couple weeks and put up a review after I get some miles on em. I was also contemplating the Swift springs, but also thought it might be too much for a daily. Swift would probably be the best to get for track use, however.

I really wanted the Tein coils, but couldn't justify dropping $1100 when my factory dampers are in perfect condition without even 9k miles yet lol. Might get coilovers whenever the time comes to replace the factory dampers.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will do! I'll have then installed in a couple weeks and put up a review after I get some miles on em. I was also contemplating the Swift springs, but also thought it might be too much for a daily. Swift would probably be the best to get for track use, however.

I really wanted the Tein coils, but couldn't justify dropping $1100 when my factory dampers are in perfect condition without even 9k miles yet lol. Might get coilovers whenever the time comes to replace the factory dampers.
gotta let me check it out when you get those springs installed man lol

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag
Hooked up a friend with the Whiteline Springs, and I'll have them on my Si next month as well. Reverting back to stock dampers from current K-tuned Coilovers setup as I want a more compliant ride :)

0.8" / 20mmdrop, installed in less than an hour by my tech who's done all the work on my car. Was happy to see that alignment was dialed back to spec without requiring a Camber Kit, and that the bump stops didn't need to be trimmed as they did with my H&R Springs when I was running those two years ago.

IMG_20200526_221825_131.jpg

IMG_20200526_214755.jpg

IMG_20200526_214959.jpg

IMG_20200526_215124.jpg
IMG_20200526_215444.jpg

IMG_20200526_215335.jpg
IMG_20200526_215533.jpg

IMG_20200526_185951.jpg
IMG_20200526_185804.jpg

NOTE: the Whiteline stamp on the springs is not directional, this has confused some forum members as I've seen in the past especially when it comes to the Rear Springs. When you look at the rubber bushings below, it's very easy to see which side the top and bottom bushings go on as the larger end on the coil will accommodate the larger bushing, and smaller end accommodates the smaller bushing.

IMG_20200526_185610.jpg
IMG_20200526_185646.jpg
IMG_20200526_185654.jpg
Thanks for the great pics and info. So you're saying no camber kit needed and no bump stop trimming needed whatsoever?!

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the great pics and info. So you're saying no camber kit needed and no bump stop trimming needed whatsoever?!
No problem! No trimming of the bump stops is correct, and this install did not require a rear camber kit. However, I've always recommended one anyways for any lowering springs / coilover setup since you get a greater range of adjustment, especially to add negative camber for aftermarket wheel & tire setup that is wider, and may rub on bumps

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No problem! No trimming of the bump stops is correct, and this install did not require a rear camber kit. However, I've always recommended one anyways for any lowering springs / coilover setup since you get a greater range of adjustment, especially to add negative camber for aftermarket wheel & tire setup that is wider, and may rub on bumps
Thanks so much man. That's amazing and yeah I gotcha. So it'd be okay to drop the car on these with factory wheels for a while and then buy a camber kit when I'm ready for aftermarket wheels?

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks so much man. That's amazing and yeah I gotcha. So it'd be okay to drop the car on these with factory wheels for a while and then buy a camber kit when I'm ready for aftermarket wheels?
No problem, and yes factory wheels work. A friend out of town came to grab my old Konig Freeform 18x8.5 ET35 (mounted 2454/35R18 tires), and that setup works as well without any rub :)

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Let us know how it goes with those ktuned springs. Very interested in those with around 20% stiffer rates than stock and a mild drop. I like the the Swift springs too but I think they would be a bit too stiff for my daily driver needs.
Got the ktuned springs in yesterday! Haven't put too many miles on them yet, but I do like the ride!

In the city, the stiffness is a little more noticeable than stock, but not by much. On the highway is where this kit really shines! At higher speeds, it actually feels more comfortable than stock! Doesn't oscillate as much at high speeds like the stock ones did.

The drops looks a little lower than the advertised 0.9"F/1.0"R, but the Si sedan was pretty low from the factory to begin with.

Rear camber couldn't be dialed in more positive than -2.3° on either side, which is right past the -2.0° OE spec limit, but I can live with that. Of course, an adjustable camber arm would help get it w/in spec. Toe was dialed in perfectly after alignment, front and rear.

Overall, I'm pretty happy! Did install a Progress 22.2mm RSB and a DC Sports front strut bar yesterday, too, so the car handles even better now!

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Lowering Springs Master Guide 20200613_093215_resized

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got the ktuned springs in yesterday! Haven't put too many miles on them yet, but I do like the ride!

In the city, the stiffness is a little more noticeable than stock, but not by much. On the highway is where this kit really shines! At higher speeds, it actually feels more comfortable than stock! Doesn't oscillate as much at high speeds like the stock ones did.

The drops looks a little lower than the advertised 0.9"F/1.0"R, but the Si sedan was pretty low from the factory to begin with.

Rear camber couldn't be dialed in more positive than -2.3° on either side, which is right past the -2.0° OE spec limit, but I can live with that. Of course, an adjustable camber arm would help get it w/in spec. Toe was dialed in perfectly after alignment, front and rear.

Overall, I'm pretty happy! Did install a Progress 22.2mm RSB and a DC Sports front strut bar yesterday, too, so the car handles even better now!

20200613_093215_resized.jpg
Looks fresh bro :cool:

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag

20200613_093215_resized.jpg
Looks real good! The drop looks perfect and not too low where you would have issues. Glad the ride improved overall for you. Where did your front camber end up? And did you pull your guide pins?

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looks real good! The drop looks perfect and not too low where you would have issues. Glad the ride improved overall for you. Where did your front camber end up? And did you pull your guide pins?
Front camber and toe was dialed in pretty damn close to nominal OE spec.

Front strut guidepins are still in place. I don't need too much front negative camber because I'm just running the OE wheels - nothing aggressive *yet* lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Lowering Springs Master Guide 20200614_111058

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
I did see what was posted, but my overall experience with Whiteline has been really good in the past with other cars too so here I am giving these a go. They were supposed to be on my car a while back, but I've been busy helping everyone else with parts that my car's been on the back-burner.
I've wanted Whiteline from the start because of the subtle drop in ride height but just like some members have previously stated I saw the negative feedback. I'm glad the springs work for you and you have solidified my decision in snagging up a set.
Sponsored