Gefiltefish

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I've since moved to an HS Sport Hatch - but if I still had an Si, I would seriously try the 235/40-18 Yokohama... I know, stock sized but if you check the TireRack specs, that size seems to run a bit wide. And as we know, Yoks hate the pinch anyway (8in wheel is within the approved range).

I know the Yok has its flaws and the biggest one is the issues it has with inside-wheel spin destroying it fast (and heating it up fast). Thats why I am staying away due to the lack of a diff for me. But the Si doesn't have that problem!

PS - I will be on Bridgestones most of the year in HS as I bought a brand new set last year before Nats was cancelled. I bagged them up and kept them in a temperature controlled environment. Hoping they are still good... But for Nats I think I will have to decide between Falkens or Rivals.
Sponsored

Dom360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si coupe
Country flag
I've since moved to an HS Sport Hatch - but if I still had an Si, I would seriously try the 235/40-18 Yokohama... I know, stock sized but if you check the TireRack specs, that size seems to run a bit wide. And as we know, Yoks hate the pinch anyway (8in wheel is within the approved range).

I know the Yok has its flaws and the biggest one is the issues it has with inside-wheel spin destroying it fast (and heating it up fast). Thats why I am staying away due to the lack of a diff for me. But the Si doesn't have that problem!

PS - I will be on Bridgestones most of the year in HS as I bought a brand new set last year before Nats was cancelled. I bagged them up and kept them in a temperature controlled environment. Hoping they are still good... But for Nats I think I will have to decide between Falkens or Rivals.
Someone in my region ran Yokos on an 8th gen Si in HS and had good things to say about them, super sticky

SCVanguard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
The Teffts came down for the TX tour this past weekend. I noticed they had a different set of endlinks than I do. Theirs came from RV6. They said they aren't noisy at all, unlike the Eibach adjustable endlinks.

I picked them up and tried to install them now with my Eibach CTR bar...but the bolts that come with the RV6 can't clear a part of the lower control arm.

Unless I'm missing something...does the RV6 endlinks ONLY work with their rear bar?

Travie_FC3

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I put some Ventus RS4's on order for this season. It's on backorder with a container coming from overseas this month. Hopefully they have some 235/40/18, 245/40/18 or 255/35/18 on that boat. Otherwise I'll be buying whatever I can find that fits GS thats 200TW. Can't fucking WAIT for autoX to start. First even is mid May at this point.

bluehand

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I will be trying 245/45/17....it looks like drag radials!

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Obligatory useless cack measuring photo.

255 RE71 on the left, 235 RT660 in the right. Both mounted to the same wheels.
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS pixlr_20210415193938324

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
J/K-we should grab dinner one night.
Thank you for your input.

Anyways, event 1 on the 235 RT660 in the books. Cold (mid 40s) on recently sealed asphalt. No scrubbing, just drove down to the event (~85 mi) and off we went. Not surprisingly, no rear grip pretty much all day - all countersteer. But got a decent feel for the front. Not too different than the RE71 - they turn in nearly as fast and give good feedback. I did have one situation where I lost the front end, and it did take quite a bit longer than the RE71 to recover grip back. Not sure if that's an isolated incident or a characteristic of the tire, I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

Noise wise, they're not quiet, but not as bad as the Stone. Less "broken wheel bearing" noise than the RE71R, but more "pulling tape off of a roll" noise on some surfaces.

Despite being drifty, still managed a 2nd overall on PAX (small lot, I normally PAX abnormally well there) so I don't expect them to suck overall.

Gonna swap the fronts and rears for the next event and see how they do on concrete. Gotta goof around with the pressures too, tried 35-40 but the lack of heat and mold release scrub off didn't give me anything usable.