SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
Something a little different but related to autocross...

When I had the Genesis, I got a Nexus 7 tablet with a special bezel that replaced a part of the center stack. It was super convenient having solo storm just right there locked in to the dash.

I got to thinking...does anyone know if SoloStorm would work on our head units? I know the stock head unit is android-based but I don't know if the specs are good enough for it to work. Anyone tried it?
I don’t think the headunit is powerful enough to really run it.

This is my solution. I slide the armrest up and the tablet doesn’t move at all. And the start video button is still easy to hit if needed.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS 18BAEC47-93DB-4192-8E48-C39A47016C2E
Sponsored

SCVanguard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I’m pretty sure the motor mount moves you waaayyyyy up to SM. I do’t think that’s allowable for ST (but I might be wrong)

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
I’m pretty sure the motor mount moves you waaayyyyy up to SM. I do’t think that’s allowable for ST (but I might be wrong)
Motor mounts are legal in ST. They just cannot have more metal than the factory mounts. Circular way of getting to no solid mounts allowed.

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Motor mounts are legal in ST. They just cannot have more metal than the factory mounts. Circular way of getting to no solid mounts allowed.
What about the Perrin mount inserts?

Banannie

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 S2K CR delete
Country flag
CDV removal wouldn't be legal for ST, so you're likely SMF or the new XS class...

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 2019 Honda Fit Sport 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th AE
Country flag
So what's everyone planning for tires in GS this year? Find a set of RE71Rs? Switch to Falken RT660s? A052s? Something else?

I'm leaning towards the Falkens and since they seem to run wide, I'm wondering about 235/40/17's for the gearing advantage and not having to pinch a 245/40/17 on a 17x8.

I won't be running my Si as much as my STR 2019 MX-5 but will sometimes run it with my son. We're coming from RE71Rs on the Si. I will mostly be on the A052s as I just picked up a set for the MX-5 since it has lots of camber.

bluehand

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I am switching to 18x8 rims, so will be running mostly falken 245/40/18 for bigger events or National tours.....will use my 17 for fun events ?!

redfred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Has anyone heard anything about the new Kumho v730 ? Or the Nankang 220tw tires ? Will these be legal to run this year?

Myself, I have two good 255/40-17 RE71s to start the year on. Mainly run locally, and appreciate any/all advice. I've been talked out of Yokos (camber), and prefer not to run BFGs again due to cold/wet spring and fall conditions where I live.

-=max=-

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI
Country flag
I do have a set of konigs and Stones with 18 runs on them if anyone interested.

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
Has anyone heard anything about the new Kumho v730 ? Or the Nankang 220tw tires ? Will these be legal to run this year?

Myself, I have two good 255/40-17 RE71s to start the year on. Mainly run locally, and appreciate any/all advice. I've been talked out of Yokos (camber), and prefer not to run BFGs again due to cold/wet spring and fall conditions where I live.
Buddy of mine has a set and plans on running them at the Florida PS1 next weekend on his Si. Will most likely be wet though.

The CR1 is not legal yet. Once the 19” size is available they will be, assuming they make the cut off date for 2021

SCVanguard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I’ve always wondered about the gearing question in the slower classes and if it is actually worth it to “go taller for gearing.”

Back when I ran the Genesis in GS, I ran on 18s (that was -1” for that car) for weight savings plus tire costs. I did an experiment against 19s and in the end I was faster on the clock by a good margin on 18s. The data showed that the acceleration was more important than having 2-3mph extra in 2nd gear.

Has anyone had a different experience? If so, what was the car and class?

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
I’ve always wondered about the gearing question in the slower classes and if it is actually worth it to “go taller for gearing.”

Back when I ran the Genesis in GS, I ran on 18s (that was -1” for that car) for weight savings plus tire costs. I did an experiment against 19s and in the end I was faster on the clock by a good margin on 18s. The data showed that the acceleration was more important than having 2-3mph extra in 2nd gear.

Has anyone had a different experience? If so, what was the car and class?
I ran 245/40/17 when I 1st bought the car then went to 255. The acceleration was noticeably quicker with the 245 but I feel the grip outweighs it. Never ran them back to back but the 245’s I could run the car on fumes. 255’s I’ve got it to fuel starve on asphalt.

On courses we go to 3rd anyways, the shorter gearing would be better in my mine because 3rd will just be more usable.

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
The Nankang might not make it in time. Needs to meet the 4 diameters + 6 sizes rule by 4/30.

I was thinking of trying a 235 myself with the new tires having softer sidewalls than the RE71. Not sure if I'll run the Falken or Yok, but no way I'm buying a Kumho product ever again unless it's literally run that or lose.

Fortunately I'm in the frozen North so I get to see what works for other people at Dixie and such, then I'll place my order in May. I think I can eke out a local or two on my '19 nats set of RE71s.
Sponsored