cito

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI sedan; 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
Anyone tried the SC3's on their Si yet? Also, what pressures are people running in the BFG's?
Sponsored

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 2019 Honda Fit Sport 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th AE
Country flag
Could be a tiny rock between the pad and the rotor. Ive had thathappen 3-4 times in the last year with my car
I had this happen to mine last year as well.

redfred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Flipping Tires - what to expect?
I just had my Rival S 1.5's flipped, concerned about the outer edge wear and trying to get them to last the rest of the season...

Anything I should expect on my first AX with flipped tires?

Thanks in advance.

macrossranma

First Name
macross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI
Country flag
Noting i can think of, just drive like as before. On stock suspension, take out the front manufacturing guild bolt to make maximum negative camber (give you about additional -0.4 neg camber) that should give you better grip, and not wear out the outside of tires as quickly as before

redfred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks, will do. Last March I pulled the pins and got an alignment, -0.6 and -0.7 neg camber was the result FYI.

meclaymore

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
As an update to the squeaking sound I was hearing from the passenger left side wheel, it disappeared a couple weeks ago. I'm assuming it may have been a rock between the rotor and pad, no idea now. I recently ran an autocross last Sunday and the noise did not reoccur.

Another question I had was how competitive was the car with it's stock all season tires? (GoodYear Eagle F1's). I seem to be struggling in more technical courses with these stock all seasons. I plan on upgrading next year.

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Another question I had was how competitive was the car with it's stock all season tires? (GoodYear Eagle F1's). I seem to be struggling in more technical courses with these stock all seasons. I plan on upgrading next year.
The OEM all seasons are absolutely horrible.

Vanimaniac

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 6M Sport Hatch
Country flag
[QUOTE="meclaymore, post: 866412, member: 33369"

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all seasons are not good but it all depends on how competitive your competition is. I ran all seasons at the beginning of our summer series and I still managed to win but because the rest of my class were newer drivers and still learning. Once you switch over to good rubber you will be seconds faster. As the season has progressed and our local HS class has gotten faster I doubt I would be winning on all seasons now.

Barb_s

First Name
Barb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST 2018 Civic Si 1991 ZR1 Corvette
Country flag
As an update to the squeaking sound I was hearing from the passenger left side wheel, it disappeared a couple weeks ago. I'm assuming it may have been a rock between the rotor and pad, no idea now. I recently ran an autocross last Sunday and the noise did not reoccur.

That metal on metal sound is common. It's the brake shield - if it comes back take a screwdriver and push it away from the rotor.

Vrruumm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Quick question, can you put an aftermarket front pipe on the SI and stay in GS? If so what would you all recommend?

SCVanguard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
If you are talking about the pipe that attaches to the cat (the pipe that attaches to the turbo outlet and literally goes straight down), then yes!

I have the MAP race exhaust with the front pipe. I like it. Installing is kind of a pain though...you basically have to take off the entire plastic under tray to have enough room to snake it in there. It also comes in two pieces and the place that it joins is right above a subframe crossmember to it is tough to get tightened down. Took me about half a day to get it where I like it.

Also, while you are at it, you should try to do some exhaust wrap around the front pipe since it is a couple inches away from your clutch.

NJSi19

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I've had this too. Even when the brakes were not hot! Both on my '18 Si and my '20 Sport Hatch... I have no clue what it is. It sounds horrible but nothing is broken or anything. Eventually it goes away on a run, but is certainly alarming when it happens at the wrong time.
I have had the same thing happen too. Had the clip adjusted at the dealer but it comes back. Braking performance hasn’t changed at all. I’ve even heard it on another Si at an event I ran earlier this year.

SCVanguard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Something a little different but related to autocross...

When I had the Genesis, I got a Nexus 7 tablet with a special bezel that replaced a part of the center stack. It was super convenient having solo storm just right there locked in to the dash.

I got to thinking...does anyone know if SoloStorm would work on our head units? I know the stock head unit is android-based but I don't know if the specs are good enough for it to work. Anyone tried it?
Sponsored