burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I think most of the people active in this thread are aware of Mike Aversa's car. It's built to SCCA SM rules.
Sponsored

Travie_FC3

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
@CanadiaegeanBlue

How are PITL events? I haven't attended one yet; I heard that they get filled up with the wrong crowd quickly. I just got into AutoX this year and have been going to WOSCA events.

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 2019 Honda Fit Sport 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th AE
Country flag
I think most of the people active in this thread are aware of Mike Aversa's car. It's built to SCCA SM rules.
Yup. I've known Mike for 16 years. His car is a beast, when it doesn't break. ;)

He's been doing the few local events we've been allowed to have up here since the border is closed. He isn't a regular at the PITL series.

@CanadiaegeanBlue

How are PITL events? I haven't attended one yet; I heard that they get filled up with the wrong crowd quickly. I just got into AutoX this year and have been going to WOSCA events.
They run a good, fun series but the classes are overly simplified. Wide variety of cars and drivers. The courses rarely offer any line choice and can be tight and confusing sometimes.

I'm going to be at the next one as it will be my first and possibly only event of the year on dead 245/40/17 RE71R's. I may have access to a used set of 255/40/17's so am I correct that they will fit on the Si without rubbing? They would be on a GS legal 17x8 wheel.

I'd hoped to campaign the Si for the entire season this year including a couple of U.S. tours but that obviously isn't happening. I am continuing my ND2 build and will be back in STR next season, which is where I was in my NC2 up until last season.

Travie_FC3

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm going to be at the next one as it will be my first and possibly only event of the year on dead 245/40/17 RE71R's. I may have access to a used set of 255/40/17's so am I correct that they will fit on the Si without rubbing? They would be on a GS legal 17x8 wheel.
I was under the impression that a 255 would put you into STX? I thought +/- 1 inch of wheel and + 10mm of the widest tire available from factory to stay in GS.

As for fitment, I'm still on 235's. I'd check one of the wheel and tire fitment threads.

Banannie

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 S2K CR delete
Country flag
I was under the impression that a 255 would put you into STX? I thought +/- 1 inch of wheel and + 10mm of the widest tire available from factory to stay in GS.

As for fitment, I'm still on 235's. I'd check one of the wheel and tire fitment threads.
There is no tire size limitations in GS, only wheel limits

Vanimaniac

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 6M Sport Hatch
Country flag

For GS or HS 10th gen civics, many of the fastest guys are running 255/40/17's. Not all but many. Absolutely legal and fits just fine!

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 2019 Honda Fit Sport 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th AE
Country flag
ST classes have wheel and tire width limits so that may be what you're thinking of. Street has always been whatever the largest size tire you can fit. Massive Hoosiers on stock width wheels were hilarious.

For GS or HS 10th gen civics, many of the fastest guys are running 255/40/17's. Not all but many. Absolutely legal and fits just fine!
Good to know for sure. Thanks!

Banannie

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And congrats to Mike Yanase for the GS win at the Packwood Pro!

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is This Legal in GS?

This is probably a silly question, but I'd rather get clarification before making any changes. I am planning on adding a Strut Tower Brace and replacing the Rear Sway bar ... but I don't want to pull the trigger on both changes if only one of them is allowed.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
Is This Legal in GS?

This is probably a silly question, but I'd rather get clarification before making any changes. I am planning on adding a Strut Tower Brace and replacing the Rear Sway bar ... but I don't want to pull the trigger on both changes if only one of them is allowed.

RSB yes, brace no

Banannie

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is This Legal in GS?

Absolutely not legal on the strut tower brace under any circumstances in Street One sway bar is legal (either front or rear but not both). Might be worth perusing the rulebook, if it doesn't say you can, you can't!

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was reading the rules before I posted ...
And it did say that if it wasn't expressly allowed, then it wasn't legal.
Just making sure that I hadn't over looked something.

Thanks for the speedy feedback!

88BBB8B

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000, 2019 Civic Si
Country flag
And congrats to Mike Yanase for the GS win at the Packwood Pro!
Thanks Annie! You made me dig deep!
I'd love to see your video :)
Sponsored

Last edited: