JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
So what's the general consensus on tires for this season? I'm going to be using 17's. I'm trying not to get cornered into the Bridgestones as I don't like how they break away without any notice. I wish BFG made a 245/45/17 and the 255's are like Hoosier money! Yoks I guess would hate being on the civic. Curious about the Falkens. I've heard they can get greasy when hot but I'm curious if anyone has run them. We have a local guy running them and he seems to like them but I can't believe how pinched the 245 looks on an 8" wheel. Can't imagine what a 255 would look like. Guess I may suck it up and run the stones.
Van
I have the Azenis 615k+ and actually like the look of the 245 on the 8” wheels. 255 might be too much. The car gets heat soaked and down on power way before the tires get greasy. I can see this being a problem on a track car doing 20 min lapping sessions but not so much for sub 60 second AutoX courses.

Curious how the new Falken compound performs. Call me a fanboy but I’ve been using them ever since the old Azenis 215.

Vanimaniac

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 6M Sport Hatch
Country flag
The new RT660's are way better than the RT615's. Possibly top-tier but probably more so on cars with a good camber profile. I liked the RT215's back in the day as well but that was running God's Chariot in STS.

Johnathan

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
The new RT660's are way better than the RT615's. Possibly top-tier but probably more so on cars with a good camber profile. I liked the RT215's back in the day as well but that was running God's Chariot in STS.
I am hoping they handle GS camber close to how the 71Rs do. They are more affordable and pay great contingency for SSC. I would like for Falken to expand the payout to Street, ST, and CAM, but it is easy to spend other people’s money.

Vanimaniac

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 6M Sport Hatch
Country flag
Haha for sure. I'm watching the GS and HS battle at the Charlotte Pro right now and it's pretty crazy. Top 2 in HS are on yokos. Top GS cars are all Si's and all on Bridgestones. The HS cars are putting down 2.1 and 2.0 sec 60 fts!

Kevin29

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BRZ Honda CRV
Country flag
Any issues with the 2020 Si for autox compared to the 17-19 when it comes to shutting off the traction control or the new gearing?? about to pick one up.......

Banannie

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 S2K CR delete
Country flag
The new gearing is going to make it the suck. Perfect example, before the ND days in CS and also in STX, how many 2017+ FRS/BRZ/86s ran or run nationally? Not many. Why? Short gearing made shorter...

Kevin29

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BRZ Honda CRV
Country flag
The new gearing is going to make it the suck. Perfect example, before the ND days in CS and also in STX, how many 2017+ FRS/BRZ/86s ran or run nationally? Not many. Why? Short gearing made shorter...
I prob will never run nationally though, and most courses i do are smaller. so not sure. but i def see your point though, and was thinking about just going 17-19.

Vanimaniac

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 6M Sport Hatch
Country flag
Same with the 9th gen Si's. Supershort gearing so you don't really see those competing nationally.

Gefiltefish

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Although I don't have a 2020 Si, the same "e-brake dance" procedure worked for my 2020 Sport Hatchback.... That procedure has worked on all of the 2018+ model year Honda's I have had (Fit, Si, Accord, Sport Hatch).

Kevin29

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BRZ Honda CRV
Country flag
Yeah, my 15 BRZ was great locally, i was on the way to full stx build and just needed a better daily, stx/daily is tough lol especially when you are older lol

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
Yeah, my 15 BRZ was great locally, i was on the way to full stx build and just needed a better daily, stx/daily is tough lol especially when you are older lol
SSC!!

I almost bought a FRS for that but figured the SI would be better with my 2YO in the back.

Kevin29

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BRZ Honda CRV
Country flag
SSC!!

I almost bought a FRS for that but figured the SI would be better with my 2YO in the back.
You won't believe how many locals have said SSC!!!! LOL The racecomp engineering setup wasn't bad, i actually need more room in the car also carting stuff to and from work, sick of not being able to see my passenger mirror or even being able to see out the passenger window lol

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
What is the 2020 Sis top speed in 2nd gear? Do the updated FRS/BRZ/86s and ND2 Miatas suffer from the same issue with their shorter final drives?
Idk on the FRZ's but the ND2's actually have a bumped limiter and AFAIK no gear change so they actually have more MPH.

On the '20+ SI 2nd will end at 54 vs the 17-19's 57 on 255/40/17's.
Sponsored