Slimer the Civic Si
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI EGP Coupe, 2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6, 1998 Plymouth Neon ACR sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I stayed in stock Ds and GS for about 14 years, as I had enough trouble learning to drive well in stock, let alone venturing into the ST, SP crowds! Plus, the only money I needed to really spend was on good tires....oh, and extra rims, oh, and harnesses, oh, a good helmet, oh, and travel expenses....
Sponsored

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Not sure what goes on in other regions, but we don't really do protests at locals here. I can remember maybe two in my 23 years.

National event? Yeah, unmarry, explicitly mentioned in the rules.

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
Not sure what goes on in other regions, but we don't really do protests at locals here. I can remember maybe two in my 23 years.

National event? Yeah, unmarry, explicitly mentioned in the rules.
Yeah -- not seeing that at all. While I think people should properly class there cars, and I've talked to some who were grossly misclaased (gutted interior for street class), I've never seen a protest.

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
I have been toying with the idea of buying a KTuner to get a little extra power during my daily driving. To stay legal in GS would I need to completely unmarry it from the car or would the factory version with the KTuner be good enough? I can see the argument for factory tune through the KTuner still counting as modified but maybe I am just too paranoid. I only compete in local events so I don't see anyone contesting me but I thought I would crowd source some opinions.
When you say 'factory version' do you mean, flash back to stock? If so, it's one extra click to 'unmarry' it (unlock, in KTuner speak).

I personally don't think it would be necessary to unlock it but it is only one extra click. If anyone were to really complain, the KTuner software shows reflash history.

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
When you say 'factory version' do you mean, flash back to stock? If so, it's one extra click to 'unmarry' it (unlock, in KTuner speak).

I personally don't think it would be necessary to unlock it but it is only one extra click. If anyone were to really complain, the KTuner software shows reflash history.
I think there is a default map which mimics factory. I wasn't sure if that would suffice or if it makes more sense just to unmarry it. Seems like it would be ok to use for local events without unmarrying.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Laying it down!! :D

SCVanguard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Nice job!

Some insider baseball...I sent a letter in regarding exhaust wrap on cat backs in Street. Considering where the front pipe is on these cars (right next to the clutch and oil pan), I think it would be a worthwhile addition. Results coming in the next fast track.

PedalFaster

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever people will let me drive
Country flag
I sent a letter in regarding exhaust wrap on cat backs in Street.
Since exhausts are free from the cat back as long as they exit in a stock location, I’m 97% sure that the response you’ll get is that you’re free to wrap to your heart’s content as long as it’s behind the catalytic converter.

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Since exhausts are free from the cat back as long as they exit in a stock location, I’m 97% sure that the response you’ll get is that you’re free to wrap to your heart’s content as long as it’s behind the catalytic converter.
I'm more than 99% sure... ;)

Johnathan

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello all. I am new to the forum. I just bought a 17 Si coupe this week. The new tires and wheels should arrive today, and I hope to try it out this weekend with Dixie Region SCCA.

Vanimaniac

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 6M Sport Hatch
Country flag
So what's the general consensus on tires for this season? I'm going to be using 17's. I'm trying not to get cornered into the Bridgestones as I don't like how they break away without any notice. I wish BFG made a 245/45/17 and the 255's are like Hoosier money! Yoks I guess would hate being on the civic. Curious about the Falkens. I've heard they can get greasy when hot but I'm curious if anyone has run them. We have a local guy running them and he seems to like them but I can't believe how pinched the 245 looks on an 8" wheel. Can't imagine what a 255 would look like. Guess I may suck it up and run the stones.
Van

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
So what's the general consensus on tires for this season? I'm going to be using 17's. I'm trying not to get cornered into the Bridgestones as I don't like how they break away without any notice. I wish BFG made a 245/45/17 and the 255's are like Hoosier money! Yoks I guess would hate being on the civic. Curious about the Falkens. I've heard they can get greasy when hot but I'm curious if anyone has run them. We have a local guy running them and he seems to like them but I can't believe how pinched the 245 looks on an 8" wheel. Can't imagine what a 255 would look like. Guess I may suck it up and run the stones.
Van
I am selling a set of used 255/40/17 Rivals.

Lemme know!

Johnathan

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Van
I have new wheels and the Falken 660s coming in tomorrow. I will give them a try this Sunday. Not sure how well they will Work on GS camber.
Sponsored