MR. TwoSix

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe, 2018 Ram 1500
Country flag
This is probably a dumb question. Can the SI run the alignment specs of a Type-R? I know that the suspension setups are completely different between the two. But I can find any Performance alignment specs for the SI and was just curious.
Sponsored

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You won't get to the front camber amount and I am assuming caster angle is not the same....nothing stopping you to run what the toe setting.

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
This is probably a dumb question. Can the SI run the alignment specs of a Type-R? I know that the suspension setups are completely different between the two. But I can find any Performance alignment specs for the SI and was just curious.
Not sure if the R has more range in front camber but rest is probably close.

I'm Max front Camber 0.4*, 1.5* rear. Zero front toe and 1/16~1/24 out rear.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think we are ~1.8 to 2 ish, per some measurement I found online for people who pulled the pins. I never bother to measure it myself, looks reasonable though.

Rear camber is not adjustable independent of toe.

Hungry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 hatchback sport
Country flag
Does anyone know how the Eibach 25mm CTR bar (tubular) and the 22mm Whiteline bar (solid) compare in terms of stiffness?

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know how the Eibach 25mm CTR bar (tubular) and the 22mm Whiteline bar (solid) compare in terms of stiffness?
iv been doing research on this same Q for about 4 months now and there is no way to truly tell since Eibach will not disclose their Inner and Outer diameter in order to calculate the stiffness factor. You could also buy one and cut it open lmao buuuut not really a smart idea lol. based on other Eibach tubular bars for different cars the common theme is roughly 3-4mm difference in size to match the same strength as a solid. so if i had to guess which is all we can do rn the ctr 25mm bar is roughly the same to a 22mm solid bar but with weight reduction. According to whiteline's table their bar on the stiffest setting is closer to 23mm. per the pic below.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS 2020-01-09_13-06-29

Banannie

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 S2K CR delete
Country flag

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Sucks to be in Ladies class, though - they reduced the "launch modifier" for AWD in the indexes since they separated most AWDs out into S4, yet ladies got no similar relief...

*Thinks about FocusRS I sold
**Nah, still a crappy car
Forget ladies, run open. You're too good for that anyway

Banannie

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 S2K CR delete
Country flag
I've wanted to win the Fletcher Cup (overall Ladies Challenge champ) as I typically either do really well or epically suck at Challenges - and was close to it using three borrowed cars this past year... So this year I was targeting Fletcher Cup and Open Class Jacket... so, the screwing of classes / indexes is gonna make that first goal pretty darn tough.

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
I have been toying with the idea of buying a KTuner to get a little extra power during my daily driving. To stay legal in GS would I need to completely unmarry it from the car or would the factory version with the KTuner be good enough? I can see the argument for factory tune through the KTuner still counting as modified but maybe I am just too paranoid. I only compete in local events so I don't see anyone contesting me but I thought I would crowd source some opinions.

NoWin

Slimer the Civic Si
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI EGP Coupe, 2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6, 1998 Plymouth Neon ACR sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...so I don't see anyone contesting me ...
Famous last words.

Ive been out of Solo for a few years, but back when I was actively competing in the North East, "rules" were a big thing, as the classing, the cars, and the drivers on many levels (even Novices), were very competitive (at least in SCCA events). True, less an issue at some local events, buuuuuut.......

I've seen protests for dress-up pedal kits, missing ashtrays, all the way to questionable looking camber and spoiler size. Doesn't mean a protest will hold up, but the option is there if another driver thinks they can bump up a spot, or knock someone down. Once someone gets their eyes on a points-chase, you're open to the strangest of protesting. (Question to myself: does SCCA still require a copy of the rulebook be in the car, or have a digital download on your person? Have to look that one up...)

So, what I'm saying is download your clubs rule book, as it's often a great guide to what you "can do", and if it's not listed in the class you want to run, then you "can't do", it. I'd try to know beforehand where your car (or any car line similar to yours) "should be classed" and where common mods should get you re-classed. Get a good handle on the basic rules and regs, then GO HAVE FUN. There is often a classing expert you can get ahold of at your local events to help sort it out for you.

Offhand, If you load an external tune, even if its set to a default Map 0, I would think you'd be in ST (Street Touring).....

Last edited:

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
Offhand, If you load an external tune, even if its set to a default Map 0, I would think you'd be in ST (Street Touring).....
That's what I was thinking since technically it's not the map that came with the car from factory even if it's identical. Thanks, I think I just needed someone else to repeat it back to me lol.
Sponsored