burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I guess I missed it, but which Accord end links?
Eibach 25mm should work fine. I have both a Karcepts and a Whiteline 22mm. I plan on putting the Whiteline back on for the winter, and swapping to the Accord OEM end links, part # 52320-TLB-A00
The Accord links are cast aluminum vs the plastic Civic ones.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS d8f39e0d-5472-4bed-aa09-c102f5e80d7b-jpe
Sponsored

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
FWIW no issues with the Accord endlinks + Whiteline bar at the stiff setting. I did have a hard time getting the "barrel" side of the endlink in the arm, I think I may have deformed the arm slightly by torquing the heck out of the Karcepts to try and stop the noise.

I sure enjoyed the silence on my commute today...

cito

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI sedan; 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
So, I am prepping a 2019 si sedan. Have 17x8 wheels with 245/40/17 RE-71r's (bought wheels and tires used as a set). I have run one event with it, and other than the goofy rev hang and a bit of weirdness from the brakes, it performed pretty well with just wheels/tires. Next year, I plan to make a tire change, but want to wait and see how things shake out with various tire options for 2020. Just ordered the Eibach 25mm rear sway bar and some accord endlinks (hopefully those are stout enough?). Looks like the next step would be to do an alignment. I know I need to pull the pins to get as much camber up front as possible. Are there any other tried and true alignment settings? Thanks.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I am prepping a 2019 si sedan. Have 17x8 wheels with 245/40/17 RE-71r's (bought wheels and tires used as a set). I have run one event with it, and other than the goofy rev hang and a bit of weirdness from the brakes, it performed pretty well with just wheels/tires. Next year, I plan to make a tire change, but want to wait and see how things shake out with various tire options for 2020. Just ordered the Eibach 25mm rear sway bar and some accord endlinks (hopefully those are stout enough?). Looks like the next step would be to do an alignment. I know I need to pull the pins to get as much camber up front as possible. Are there any other tried and true alignment settings? Thanks.
Let me know how you like the 25mm RSB. Planning on the same RSB for my next mod in the next couple months.

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Are there any other tried and true alignment settings? Thanks.
I'll throw in my $0.02. My car measured 0° F&R as delivered. I pulled the pins and added the front camber, set the front to 1/16" in, and I'm up to ~3/32" out rear. The car seems better at AX the more rear toe out I add, but at 3/32" I'm starting to feel just the slightest bit of rear wander on freeway bends, so I think I'll stop there.

I haven't tried front toe out on this car, I'm more than pleased with the turn in, especially on the RE71.

destoups

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
^ This is pretty much the recipe. Adjustable bar and tire pressures are easier to deal with than an aggressive rear alignment.

I routinely add a little toe-out up front on every car, but it's more habit than result of actual testing.

cito

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI sedan; 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
Put the Eibach bar on yesterday, and it certainly livened up the rearend. Its noticeably stiffer. Feels more like my Camaro now. Want to pull the pins in the front, but might not have time to get it aligned before next weekend. I can't find it now, but I think I read that pulling the pins and adding camber causes the car to toe in a bit, is that correct? How much toe in are we talking? Thanks.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Put the Eibach bar on yesterday, and it certainly livened up the rearend. Its noticeably stiffer. Feels more like my Camaro now. Want to pull the pins in the front, but might not have time to get it aligned before next weekend. I can't find it now, but I think I read that pulling the pins and adding camber causes the car to toe in a bit, is that correct? How much toe in are we talking? Thanks.
I like the sound of “livened up the rear end” lol could you elaborate more on what exactly that means? :D here are my measurements before and after the alignment, if that helps with your toe angle Q. Car is lowered on D2’s and the guide pins removed. Also, any input is welcomed in regards to the current measurements. Pretty new to the intricacies of suspension setup, so any input would be great!:wave:

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS 5EC4A6B0-DFC0-41F7-BBC6-9FD0BEE59569

Last edited:

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I like the sound of “livened up the rear end” lol could you elaborate more on what exactly that means? :D here are my measurements before and after the alignment, if that helps with your toe angle Q. Car is lowered on D2’s and the guide pins removed. Also, any input is welcomed in regards to the current measurements. Pretty new to the intricacies of suspension setup, so any input would be great!:wave:

5EC4A6B0-DFC0-41F7-BBC6-9FD0BEE59569.jpeg
-2 camber in the rear is a great way to deaden the rear end and keep it from stepping out. You'll need adjustable arms to correct it.

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Buried way back on page 37:

I pulled my strut mount pins last fall, but was too lazy to actually add the camber until this weekend. I went from 0 toe to 3/32" total toe in once the mounts were pushed in for full camber. First event this weekend, looking forward to it.
IIRC it ended up taking only ~1/4 turn per tie rod to get it back to the 1/16" in I've been at since.

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Also, any input is welcomed in regards to the current measurements. Pretty new to the intricacies of suspension setup, so any input would be great!:wave:
This thread is for SCCA GS competition, we can't do the mods you've done so maybe a separate thread would get more eyes on this? Our goals may be a little different and we're willing to make tradeoffs to reach them.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@BarracksSi Thanks for the heads up!

@burglar My bad, I totally blanked on that aspect of this thread lol Should be able to use the info regarding sway bars and toe angle to help in general. The main Si page doesnt have too much insight on these mods. Since these are the only mods allowed in your class, yall are the experts... in my eyes lol

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Just got some toe plates so I can play around with this aspect of alignment tuning more. After taking my front suspension apart my toe was measured at 3/8" total toe out. This made the car real sensitive to steering input in both normal and sport modes.

Tomorrow after work I am going to dial this back down to zero or possibly 1/16" to 1/8" of total toe out. The toe out up front helps with better turn in at the sacrifice of straight line stability and tire wear. In my experience you can benefit more from this better turn in on an autocross course where there are hardly any straights to begin with.

Ideally I would like to be able to zero back the toe after an event because the Si is still my daily driver and I need to be concerned about tire wear.

Edit 9/26/19
Set the toe plates back up and front total toe was measuring at 1/8" toe out. Really hope I am doing this right. Anyways I stringed up both sides of the car and the driver side was less than 1/16" toed out more than the passenger side so I decided to just leave it as is. I got a few events coming up the next two weekends where I can test this setting out before I just zero the toe.

Last edited: