Threads
Reaction score
Website
apextrackcoach.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 16 Kawasaki Vulcan S Cafe ABS
Country flag
Hi guys,

Ryan here in the 2nd place Sedan. My co-driver and I ran the 255/40R18 Falken RT660s
(tall tire) from stickers with no test course. Compared to the RE-71Rs we ran at the Chicago Tour earlier this year.

I would say if you are used to the RE-71R and have two drivers this is the next best choice. Otherwise, I would say go with the A052 if you don't mind burning money for a win.

Gambling with 2nd gear rev limiter seemed to both help and hurt this year, so I don know if either of us were right to select 17s or 18s.
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS 2021 Solo Nats GS
Sponsored

Last edited:

cito

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI sedan; 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
Awesome driving Ryan! Emery and, less importantly, I were not on Yokohamas all the way around as the results suggest. We were on multiple tires.

Last edited:

SCVanguard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I successfully found Yoks to drive on for the tour because I freaked out about the weather being cold. Seeing that the Falkens did so well makes me think I could have stayed on the tire I knew and *maybe* would have been more successful.
It says something that all the trophy spots were within .7 of the top. That's some fantastic competition!!

Boss002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
apextrackcoach.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 16 Kawasaki Vulcan S Cafe ABS
Country flag
Awesome driving Ryan! Emery and, less importantly, I were not on Yokohamas all the way around as the results suggest. We were on multiple tires.
Which multi tires were you running? I know John had Falkens on the rear, yoks on the front.

ShamPOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Well, my house closing got pushed back to the end of November, so it looks like I'll be able to run the Champ Tour event in mid-october. I'll probably be 100% stock unless I can get these wheels & tires from my mustang sold this weekend, and get a new set from tire rack, but who cares! :D

ShamPOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Congrats to Raj for his win at the Charlotte Champ Tour today.
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS 1634503849999

My first time out with this car and I was really impressed. Even though I was still rocking the all-seasons. I came out for the Starting Line event on Friday morning, for a bit of extra seat time and coaching. It really helped me to transition from the CAMC Mustang.

I wasn't too concerned with my overall performance, and was mostly just looking to lay down clean runs and be faster. I'd say I managed. :D

Still working on getting video together, but my car placement on the slalom of my last run was *chef's kiss*
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS 1634504274325

MtnBikeAZ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have a 2018 Si Coupe and wanted to get into autocross so many thanks to all who post here! I've read all 72 pages and I'm surprised no one has mentioned reprogramming the car when the wheel sizes are changed.

Background: When I bought my coupe in 2018, I bought the full Honda Factory Performance kit and added it to the car. HFP wheels are 19" made by Enkei and run a 235/35 tire. The OEM wheels are 235/40 R18. When I looked through the Honda instructions, it gave the procedures for a dealer to change the car's programming from 18" all season radials to 19" summer tires. I put the tire sizes into (I believe it was Tire Rack's) tire calculator and saw they are only .1" difference in diameter. So I thought, "who cares, that's less of a difference than just normal tire wear".

Once I started driving on 19" wheels, I found I would get wheel hop, especially if launched with the wheels slightly angled. I ended up taking the car to the dealer and paying the $60 to have my car reprogrammed and the wheel hop went away. When I made the appointment, the service writer had no idea what I was asking for. I printed the instructions and took them with me. When my car was finished, the young mechanic brought back my instructions and said, "this is really cool, you can program in 22" wheels!"

This has to be done by a dealer since the screen can't be accessed from the infotainment center. Step 3. "Connect the i-HDS/DST-i to the data link connector, then turn the ignition switch on..." Here's a link to the instructions, the dealer instructions start on page 3: https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/civic/2018/4dr/19inchwheel.pdf
If you want to have this done, I suggest taking the instructions ;)
Of course, YMMV.

Again, thanks to all for all the great information posted in this thread. I added a Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar to my coupe and autocross'ed it yesterday - the car handled great. It was disappointing to read that my car can't compete in GS because of the HFP springs. I signed up for STH. My only mods are HFP, RSB, K&N air filter and Mishimoto shift knob, so my car will not be that competitive with cars that have full bolt-ons and engine tunes, but it's still a fun car to drive in anger at autocross!

Last edited:

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Wheel hop is a function of suspension geometry among other mechanical things.

The purpose of reprogramming the vehicle for wheel size is for the tire pressure monitoring system - it has to know which wheels are installed so it can use the correct peak resonance frequency to determine when a tire is low.

NJSi19

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Next year, I'm looking to switch to 17x8 wheels. Are any of you guys running 235's or 245's with em? My tire of choice that I'm looking for is the Falken Rt660's which I ran on my 18's.

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
For local competition, the OE height 235 is fine. I've run them all year, but I didn't hit the national circuit this year other than the Chicago Champ Tour. No real change in PAX finishing position in locals on them vs the 255 I ran before. Car doesn't look like it has skipped leg day, and the speedometer / odometer are accurate. Tire is also properly supported for the wheel width.

For serious national competition, I'd go back to the 255/17 myself. Those were fine even at Lincoln despite being shorter than OE, at least on the pre-revision gearing. I don't think anyone top level nationally ran less than a 245, though I could be wrong.

EDIT: See this post for a mounted stack height comparison of the 255 RE71 vs the 235 RT660.

Last edited:

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
Knowing what I know now, I would have ran a 245/40/17 at nationals this year and just dumped the car in 3 for most of the courses. Hell, that's basically what we did on the Plane side anyways with the 255/17's

NJSi19

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Good to know, fellas. I’m thinking I’ll go with 245’s on a 17x8.

landstuhltaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rental
Country flag
Hey all. I wanted to take a sec and say hi, and thanks to everyone for all of the fantastic info in this thread. I decided to take advantage of this crazy market and trade my 2020 Mustang GT for something that fits my life a bit better at the moment. Found a 2019 Si coupe with only 7800 miles on it. It's actually the second time I've owned an Si. I used to own an 8th gen. Loved it.

Moving from something like the GT to the Si is a bit of a learning curve, but I won't miss the arms race that is CAMC class. I had barely dipped my toe in and realized I just didn't want to spend that kind of money and still not be competitive. :D Plus I still need to develop a bit as a driver, and the GT was just not a good platform for that.

Anyways, come say hi if you ever make it out to the Central Carolina Region (CCR). We usually run the parking lot at Zmax in Charlotte, and it's a fantastic venue. I'll probably be out there for our 2-day event in November.
I dont understand this post. CAMC can be won in a stock car nationally.

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Bumping this thread for a temp check.

How do current people feel about the 11th Si and possibly the '22 GTI in GS?

NJSi19

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Bumping this thread for a temp check.

How do current people feel about the 11th Si and possibly the '22 GTI in GS?
Obviously, there is potential for sure for either vehicle in GS. Gotta see how it drives to form any sort of a conclusion.
Sponsored