sprayed150

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si
Country flag
I run 255 40 17 660s on a +45 wheel and there are zero issues. Tire is a bit pinched but it's fine. Handling fantastic. I've owned and raced on most the good 200tw tires in recent years and the 660 is fantastic.
Sponsored

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
I have 255 Falkens sitting in my garage waiting to be mounted. Anyone think spacers may be required?
Im at 60 runs on my 1st set, no issues. I actually thought they were rubbing at the 1st event on them but i actually broke a pass. side motor mount :doh:

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
started out with a vibration on right hand turns only that got worse and worse then you could hear a vibration/rattle at idle as it died through the weekend.

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
i def didnt have anything to do with that...
Did not help but think pro solo's hurt it more than anything. I kept getting really bad hop on launch at zmax last year and playing with the rpm didnt seem to do much. Had a bit this year but wasnt as bad on the 660's

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
We'll do the tall Civic showdown at the Chicago Champ. See you there.
So we had quite the variety of sizes this weekend at the Chicago Champ, but only 2 compounds. I think this is right:

1&2. Ramos/Finch were running 255/40-18 RE71Rs
3. Azevedo was on the stubby 255-17 Falken
4. Josh was on a 245/18 Falken
5&7. Ken and I were on the 235/45-17 Falken
6. Roy was on the 245/18 Falken
8. Rich was on RE71s, I missed the size.

This was the third event on the taller RT660, and the first time the sidewall felt a little squishy. It was pretty hot, especially Saturday, and the tires seemed to hold up ok with two drivers / quick turnover, but we did a lot of spraying. I felt the car was plenty competitive Saturday (the driver - not so much) but I don't think I could have matched Ramos's Sunday time with a dozen tries.

I would have liked to have seen a BFG run, I think that tire would have been plenty competitive in the heat, and a lot of people have written it off (the price doesn't help, of course.)

I don't think anyone was really on a "wrong" tire, but based on the fact that at least we were only on the limiter for a little bit both days, I think the 255/17 was potentially the best option. Also looking really hard that those in-stock 245/40-17 RE71Rs on Tire Rack, would consider pulling the trigger if I had a full season planned, but I think I'll just ride this 235 RT660 pony out.

Last edited:

godspd

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Mazda Miata M edition, 2005 Toyota Tundra SR5, 2014 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Lots of good info here, thanks everyone!

New member here from Greenville, SC running regional events starting this year with 2019 Si Sedan.
I see most of the people run here coupes, is sedan still competitive at the nationals?

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
Lots of good info here, thanks everyone!

New member here from Greenville, SC running regional events starting this year with 2019 Si Sedan.
I see most of the people run here coupes, is sedan still competitive at the nationals?
Yes, I just found the sedan fugly LOL. They actually have a hair better head room, 6” longer over the rear bumper, ~15# heavier. So basically the same car.

bluehand

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So we had quite the variety of sizes this weekend at the Chicago Champ, but only 2 compounds. I think this is right:

1&2. Ramos/Finch were running 255/40-18 RE71Rs
3. Azevedo was on the stubby 255-17 Falken
4. Josh was on a 245/18 Falken
5&7. Ken and I were on the 235/45-17 Falken
6. Roy was on the 245/45-17 Falken
8. Rich was on RE71s, I missed the size.
Matt, I was running 245/18 falken, bought a set two weeks prior, first time running them at the event. I really didn’t like my 245/45/17, felt really squishy. 245/18 felt a little better but still not convinced it’s the right tire size. Will see how this feels on concrete in two weeks (Peru Champ).

I might go back to 255 when it’s time to buy the next set (or at least 2 tires..).

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Thanks Roy, I've corrected by prior post. Has anyone that's pinched the 255 Falken on an Si had issues or accelerated wear?

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
Thanks Roy, I've corrected by prior post. Has anyone that's pinched the 255 Falken on an Si had issues or accelerated wear?
I know of one but they drive ham fisted harsh on the nose.
Mine are at 60 runs, not flipper and they have double the tread depth of my 71rs that have 80 runs and flipped at 40. The shoulders on the 660s look solid still too. Going to do one more event before flipping

bluehand

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I know of one but they drive ham fisted harsh on the nose.
Mine are at 60 runs, not flipper and they have double the tread depth of my 71rs that have 80 runs and flipped at 40. The shoulders on the 660s look solid still too. Going to do one more event before flipping
what pressures are you running to last that many runs? My normal pressures of 37-38 didn’t seem to work with these tires...still can’t figure them out yet or maybe I need more practice (only 3 events so far with two different sizes).... both Josh and Azevedo like to run 37 front with different rear pressure...Josh was at 35 and Azevedo was at 52!!!
Sponsored