Tamadx

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing worth noting yet haha
Country flag
So any new run data on the 11th gen? Longer gear of the 2019 still the way to go? These prices are bonkers for used cars it pushes me towards buying new but get worried the car can start to get out classed.

Haven't really seen anyone running one at a national tour yet or even a competive region that I am aware of.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
So any new run data on the 11th gen? Longer gear of the 2019 still the way to go? These prices are bonkers for used cars it pushes me towards buying new but get worried the car can start to get out classed.

Haven't really seen anyone running one at a national tour yet or even a competive region that I am aware of.
You mean 2020? That's the year that got the gear update (and LED headlights and Honda Sensing).

Honestly, it seems to be a wash between the gain in acceleration and loss of top speed in 2nd

Tamadx

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing worth noting yet haha
Country flag
During the last two events, I got the chance to compare a 2019 to a 2020 sedan. It really is a wash but I did find myself finding the limiter more with the 2020 as the 2019 pulled just slightly longer. It was really course-dependent. I think I would still lean towards the 2019 as I don't think the 2020 really pulled harder out of digs either.

Next step would be a comparison with the 11th gen and then to see if the new Autobahn GTI really can defeat the intrusive stability control.

sibanez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Acura Integra GSR
Country flag
My question about the GTI is whether or not they fixed the oil overlfow issue that plague the E888 series. I love my 2019 GTI, but it feels like something is failing when it happejs and can kill your run.

WAM74

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SI
Country flag
I'm new to the car. Can someone fill me in on the technical details behind 2 and 10 second Sport press and the VSA delete pedal dance. I know how to do the PD...just want to know what everything does and if you need to use both during AutoX. Or sometimes one or the other.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
I do the pedal dance every race event to fully disable the VSA. Without it fully disabled I can feel the car cutting power to the wheels to try and maintain traction. It honestly feels like something is wrong with the motor when I sometimes forget to turn it off if I am in a hurry.

My advice is to learn how to drive the car with it fully disabled as it will ultimately reward you in the long run.

SCVanguard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Agreed. PD removes all the nannies which means you can get more wild with slip angle and yaw without the engine cutting power.

WAM74

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SI
Country flag
I've seen reference to it in videos. That doesn't mean it's real.
Sponsored