jsanz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan CBP
Country flag
Anyone else think us Si owners should have the forum subcategories like the Type R does? I feel like since there are differences between the Si and the regular civics we need our own space to go to for Engine/exhaust/tuning, interior, brakes and wheels and what not. Maybe I'm the only one, but sometimes you have to dig a bit or start asking on other threads if it will fit the Si or not.
Sponsored

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
That's a great idea.... but I think the Si is not "Special Enough" get it's own sections like the Type R....since the 1.5 engine is similar to the base model Civic along with the chassis as well.. you can just tell buy the foot traffic in the Type R section that they get what they want in there....:rolleyes1::bs:

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was thinking the same thing! But I agree with @JDM_DOHC_SiR in that I don't know if there's enough traffic in our little corner of the forum to warrant the additional sub categories. But I sure hope they do it anyway! :)

DoodleDave

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
What? They definitely should. In the 9th gen forums the Si had its own categories. What because it is no longer the top spec Civic in the states it gets cast aside? There are definitely going to be way more Si owners than Type R owners. I'm glad you said something this needs to happen ASAP. It would also help us differentiate our aftermarket parts from the base Civic as well.

si_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I 100% agree with everyone, there will be more Si owners than there ever will be CTR owners.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
You guys might wanna ping @Administrator to attract some official attention... :) When I saw the thread title, I didn't even think it would be about forum structure. So, also along those lines, maybe the OP should rename the topic to "Civic Si Forum Subcategories"? Just a thought...

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No.
It doesn't even need them. Literally all of the Type R sub-boards are covered by other parts of the forum that the traffic should be directed to.

If anything, the layout should be like so:

Main section
  • General 10th gen discussions (this is a board, but it has sub-boards)
    • Sedan/Coupe
    • Hatchback
    • Si
    • Type R
  • (the rest)
Technical topics
  • (and so on)
https://brivium.com/resources/multi-prefixes.299/

Inspired by this thread. This would be helpful in places like the technical topics boards that serve all the different Civic trims at once.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Contrary to what some people believe, I do not have any direct control over how the forums are setup. However, I would have to agree with @JDM_DOHC_SiR in that the Si is so similar to the regular 1.5T models that for now it may not justify another set of boards. One could argue that we already have too many sections, as even this post was not originally posted in the forum with "Suggestions" in the title.

A better solution may be to encourage members to make use of the thread prefix option:

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Forum Subcategories prefixes

This essentially labels threads within applicable sections of the site and allows you to be more selective regarding what you click on.
Sponsored