jsanz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan CBP
Country flag
Contrary to what some people believe, I do not have any direct control over how the forums are setup. However, I would have to agree with @JDM_DOHC_SiR in that the Si is so similar to the regular 1.5T models that for now it may not justify another set of boards. One could argue that we already have too many sections, as even this post was not originally posted in the forum with "Suggestions" in the title.

A better solution may be to encourage members to make use of the thread prefix option:

prefixes.png

This essentially labels threads within applicable sections of the site and allows you to be more selective regarding what you click on.
I actually put it in the Si forum for the visibility. If you look through the suggestions section there are barely any replies or views on anything in there. Just sayin, this is the first time I've even gone into the suggestions section of this board, didn't even know there was one to be honest.

As far as the similarities go, even just on paper the list is fairly lengthy and it seems like the more companies research and develop parts for the Si the more differences they are finding. Clearly this was just a suggestion and if everyone used the tagging like you mentioned it would make things a little better. I know I'm not alone in wanting to find out as much as I can about the new car I can. I get on here every single day and so far it's been my best source for new and exciting information. Mainly feeling a little jealous of our Type R counter part.
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually put it in the Si forum for the visibility. If you look through the suggestions section there are barely any replies or views on anything in there. Just sayin, this is the first time I've even gone into the suggestions section of this board, didn't even know there was one to be honest.

As far as the similarities go, even just on paper the list is fairly lengthy and it seems like the more companies research and develop parts for the Si the more differences they are finding. Clearly this was just a suggestion and if everyone used the tagging like you mentioned it would make things a little better. I know I'm not alone in wanting to find out as much as I can about the new car I can. I get on here every single day and so far it's been my best source for new and exciting information. Mainly feeling a little jealous of our Type R counter part.
I can see both sides of the argument. Ultimately it will be up for the @Administrator to decide. We can trust that he will take all perspectives into consideration and take whatever actions he feels is best for the forum overall. :thumbsup:

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually put it in the Si forum for the visibility. If you look through the suggestions section there are barely any replies or views on anything in there. Just sayin, this is the first time I've even gone into the suggestions section of this board, didn't even know there was one to be honest
Unfortunately the admin doesn't often acknowledge suggestions not related to our avatars :rolleyes:

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestion. We're constantly looking at activity levels, discussion topics, and product availability when deciding whether more specific subforums are needed. If/when the Si forum activity and discussion topics warrant subforums, rest assured they'll be created.

Sometimes, however, if a subforum does not have adequate activity, breaking out even more subforums may actually stifle posts/activity as it creates another level of navigation required to get to certain threads.

OP
OP
jsanz

jsanz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan CBP
Country flag
Unfortunately the admin doesn't often acknowledge suggestions not related to our avatars :rolleyes:
I've kind of given up on trying to understanding anything you've posted. Haha