Civic Si coupe Vs Ex-t coupe

jamzxo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic coupe ex-t
Country flag
Hello everyone,

After looking at the Si, and the ex-t I was wondering is the Si worth the added price difference of about 4k considering you can get ex-t around my area for mid 19's.

All opinions welcome.
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Depends on if you want performance or comfort. Remember there is no option for auto in the Si.

OP
OP

jamzxo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
More so in terms of performance and seeing which is the better bang for your buck in terms of modding. From my understanding they have the same 1.5t motor just the Si is slightly tuned giving it the extra power. Yet I am seeing people producing better numbers with a tune on the 1.5t motor. So im debating is the si really worth the 4k mark up?

bigoldglock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2013 Honda Odysessy
Country flag
More so in terms of performance and seeing which is the better bang for your buck in terms of modding. From my understanding they have the same 1.5t motor just the Si is slightly tuned giving it the extra power. Yet I am seeing people producing better numbers with a tune on the 1.5t motor. So im debating is the si really worth the 4k mark up?
Limited slip, better seats, better rims, bigger brakes, better turbo and tune, money well spent in my opinion. Generally the Si has a higher residual resale value as well over the ex

bigoldglock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2013 Honda Odysessy
Country flag
Limited slip, better seats, better rims, bigger brakes, better turbo and tune, money well spent in my opinion. Generally the Si has a higher residual resale value as well over the ex
$21,600 vs $23,900 for the si, its alot of extra Goodies for not much more $$$

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
I too compared them; if all you're looking at is straight line performance differences, you won't find much difference between them.

However, as an overall package, the Si for only a few thousand more gets you a LOT of features like mentioned above; LSD, adaptive dampers, better interior, better brakes, better wheels, and slightly better motor. Ultimately I chose the Si sedan.

I wish they would have kept the body styling the same for the Si, though. Don't really like the styling on my Si, but the vents have grown on me.

OP
OP

jamzxo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you all for the comments. I actually own an ex-t that I got for 19.5 3 months ago. When I went into my honda dealer to get an oil change I saw an SI and started thinking of just trading my car in and upgrading. As mentioned it comes with some extra goodies for the 4.4k difference.

At this point I am just still debating would it be more cost efficient to buy each of those parts separately or get an SI.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
economically, i think ur going to lose money on the trade in of ur ex-t.
ur going 2 have to weigh out ur personal wants and how much costs you're willing to absorb as a loss.
I agree with the other ppls comments. SI is worth it over ex-t if bought initially...but ur doing a trade in. =(

OP
OP

jamzxo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wonder how much the costs would be to change the intake cams, d/i pump, and adaptive dampers, and the rims (si rims)? Anyone know a rough estimate?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Thank you all for the comments. I actually own an ex-t that I got for 19.5 3 months ago. When I went into my honda dealer to get an oil change I saw an SI and started thinking of just trading my car in and upgrading. As mentioned it comes with some extra goodies for the 4.4k difference.

At this point I am just still debating would it be more cost efficient to buy each of those parts separately or get an SI.
At that point it's better to keep & enjoy what you have. The 4K increase, combined with the depreciation on trade-in and additional taxes, will probably result in a 6-7K net loss.

Or if you really want that package, wait 6-9 months for the price to drop.

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
At that point it's better to keep & enjoy what you have. The hit you'll likely take in taxes is not worth the upgrade.

Or if you really want that package, wait 6-9 months for the price to drop.
Another alternative is to wait a few years for the refresh.

It will likely have addressed most of the problems/complaints current owners have.

You'll have gotten some use out of your current vehicle, and of course your mind may have changed by then.

OP
OP

jamzxo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I guess I will just wait for the refresh as mentioned. Worst case scenario with 6-7k I am sure I can use aftermarket parts and a tune to make the car better then what the Si is stock
Sponsored