JaviXGen

First Name
Javi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Alright thank y'all so much for being patient! Here is the full video, again let me know if there's anything else you'd like to hear. Unfortunately I don't really have any stock sound clips for comparison, but I did my best to get as many different clips as possible. Time stamps are in the description.

Great video man!! Love how in depth you got with it. Borla should link everyone to your video because it’s better than the one they have up for the exhaust. Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored

OP
OP

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great video man!! Love how in depth you got with it. Borla should link everyone to your video because it’s better than the one they have up for the exhaust. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks man, I really appreciate it!

zhendexing

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright thank y'all so much for being patient! Here is the full video, again let me know if there's anything else you'd like to hear. Unfortunately I don't really have any stock sound clips for comparison, but I did my best to get as many different clips as possible. Time stamps are in the description.

That's the most comprehensive sound clip ever nice job man

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Borla makes great products. I used to make my own exhaust using their XR-1 muffler. I thought about replacing my maperformance mufflers with the xr-1. Still might do it one day. Great info. Thanks

OP
OP

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have a resonator delete? Sounds very poppy.
The exhaust is catback, and I don't believe there's a resonator iirc. Just a muffler.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The exhaust is catback, and I don't believe there's a resonator iirc. Just a muffler.
Oh yeah, oops! For some reason I thought it was axle back.

SixSpeeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Country flag
Do you have a resonator delete? Sounds very poppy.
The pops and burbles are one of the loudest parts of this system. Overall, it's not a super loud set up like the video suggests (at least on my speakers), it's hard to pick up what an exhaust sounds like in person with most microphones. You can definitely hear the tone when accelerating through the gears but the pops (especially when shifting from 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd) are Focus RS loud with rev hang enabled. There is also a pleasing blip noise when opening and closing the throttle. I was afraid this system was going to drone like crazy after watching Shibles well done video, but it doesn't. It's only loud when I want it to be other than the loud POP POP POP on low gears shifts when accelerating moderately/aggressively. WOT throttle is surprisingly quiet, I wish that it had more of a shriek/wail to it but that's just the nature of this turbo engine. There is some resonation between 3k-4k rpm but it's not an obnoxious amount. Cruising between 2k-3k rpm on the highway is surprisingly quiet with a little bit of tone/growl poking through at around 2700 rpm, but just a little.

It has a resonator, it's the cylinder shaped piece near the middle:

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Borla sxjXWds

SixSpeeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Borla ELfF2LA

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Borla uI76jI2

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si Borla Vbe4GlR

* FYI, the tips were not perfectly centered in those pics. I've since played with the alignment of the slip joints and it's perfect now.

OP
OP

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah okay there is one. Been awhile since I've looked under there lol. Looks good man! Thanks for the input, that description very much matches what I hear on mine.

MarshallKingsmere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Fit Sport, 2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hello All. This is my first post here. I'm considering the Borla S-Type exhaust for the Si but I'm worried that it may be too loud. It's hard to tell from videos alone. I'm looking for something a little mean but not obnoxious (I'm OLD!). Wondering if anyone in the Calgary AB area has this exhaust with factory fp/dp and would be willing to let me have a listen to it. Tried to attend some local meets but they've been shut down recently. Any help would be appreciated!

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hello All. This is my first post here. I'm considering the Borla S-Type exhaust for the Si but I'm worried that it may be too loud. It's hard to tell from videos alone. I'm looking for something a little mean but not obnoxious (I'm OLD!). Wondering if anyone in the Calgary AB area has this exhaust with factory fp/dp and would be willing to let me have a listen to it. Tried to attend some local meets but they've been shut down recently. Any help would be appreciated!
I’ve had my borla exhaust for a little over 1yr now. It is definitely not loud, or obnoxious. It’s louder than the stock exhaust but not by much. You do get slight crackles when decelerating in 1st or when shifting from 1st to second gear. Overall, I think it’s one of the quieter exhausts on the markets for our cars. Good luck finding someone in your area with one.

MarshallKingsmere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Fit Sport, 2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I’ve had my borla exhaust for a little over 1yr now. It is definitely not loud, or obnoxious. It’s louder than the stock exhaust but not by much. You do get slight crackles when decelerating in 1st or when shifting from 1st to second gear. Overall, I think it’s one of the quieter exhausts on the markets for our cars. Good luck finding someone in your area with one.
Thank-you Sir. I appreciate your feedback. Definitely leaning more towards the Borla now.
Sponsored