CastroCola

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017 S2000 2006 600z coupe
Country flag
Hey guys I wanted to ask if you can make the manual transmissions have a auto start feature like the automatics and if you can how would you rig it up cause I found the first image on bk honda parts and if you can do it would it then be possible to get an accord key like the second picture and use that for the auto start button
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic si auto start Screenshot_20190127-235503_Samsung Internet
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic si auto start 20190127_235557

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Unless you had a way to bypass the clutch, I don't think it's possible. But I could be wrong...

Tenshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is a tall order and the Risk-to-Reward is not in your favor. The (perfectly working) car will need to be re-wired with an aftermarket system. Any problems/gremlins after that will be yours to chase down. I would strongly advise against it and consider an automatic next time around if that is a desired feature.

jjtheprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've seen them aftermarket before for a Nissan 370z, seemed to work well but obviously you can't leave it parked in gear.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Some of the 10th gen 1.5 hondas that do not come with a fob with remote start have the ability to be remote started. All you have to do is buy the key fob in the second picture of OP and have the dealer program it to your car. I have seen videos of a car dealership doing this to their own cars. I can not speak for Manual Transmission though. I think nothing would happen if you tried this. All other features of the key would work except for the remote start. (as far as I know anyways). I dont think it would hurt to try if someone had the money to buy a fob and try. Worst case is the car would do nothing, just as it does now when you dont push in clutch when trying to start.

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
I've seen an aftermarket system programmed to work with a factory remote before. I can't remember if it was on a facebook group or on youtube but it should be floating around somewhere. The system configured to work with a certain combination of button presses on the fob and had a fail safe to only start if the car was in neutral with the parking brake up. It was an aftermarket system and not OEM though.

edit:

Found it. It's on a 9th gen but it should work the same on the 10th gen. Factory key fob remote start is at 3:00

Last edited:

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've seen an aftermarket system programmed to work with a factory remote before. I can't remember if it was on a facebook group or on youtube but it should be floating around somewhere. The system configured to work with a certain combination of button presses on the fob and had a fail safe to only start if the car was in neutral with the parking brake up. It was an aftermarket system and not OEM though.
You ride in the summer? :)
Man, I got my permit last year but I have not sat on a bike yet. I love it with a passion. Curious--what do you ride?

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You ride in the summer? :)
Man, I got my permit last year but I have not sat on a bike yet. I love it with a passion. Curious--what do you ride?
I have a little Yamaha R3. Mainly use it for commuting to work in the Spring/Summer/Early Fall. Can't justify anything bigger as I don't ride enough for that. Riding in the summer in 90+ degree weather can be brutal, especially in traffic and NY seems to HATE motorcyclists with a passion, especially NYC. Nothing is worse than running into a motorcycle checkpoint in the middle of a blazing hot day... State govt has had it out for us ever since a cop got killed chasing a motorcycle years ago. (http://www.nymstf.org/cas/about-motorcycle-only-checkpoints/)

Since you got your permit I would say the best thing to do would be to sign up for a MSF course this spring. It's only 2 days and passing the course = instant motorcycle license (skipping the DMV roadtest). Besides the convenience you also learn A LOT from the course that you would otherwise have to learn by (bad) experiences. The course can be intimidating if you have never sat on a bike yet, but I would suggest re-familiarizing yourself with a bicycle and practicing low speed maneuvers on it. Much of those skills will transfer over to motorcycles.

Also, I would head over to your local motorcycle shop and browse the bikes. Most shops will let you spend all day there sitting on bikes and chatting it up with other riders. What most non bikers mistake for "violent scary motorcycle gangs" is actually a pretty chill group of brothers and sisters that will literally have your back on the road just for having the same mode of transportation as them. I've only run into a handful of the badass biker gang stereotype, and for the most part they are looked down upon since they give motorcyclists a bad rep.

Last edited:

redstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2019 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Some of the 10th gen 1.5 hondas that do not come with a fob with remote start have the ability to be remote started. All you have to do is buy the key fob in the second picture of OP and have the dealer program it to your car. I have seen videos of a car dealership doing this to their own cars. I can not speak for Manual Transmission though. I think nothing would happen if you tried this. All other features of the key would work except for the remote start. (as far as I know anyways). I dont think it would hurt to try if someone had the money to buy a fob and try. Worst case is the car would do nothing, just as it does now when you dont push in clutch when trying to start.
This only works on the Accord LX and Sport (and only CVT Sports) because they already have push button start. All Civics with the CVT and push button start already have remote start so there is no Civic hack like the Accord.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a little Yamaha R3. Mainly use it for commuting to work in the Spring/Summer/Early Fall. Can't justify anything bigger as I don't ride enough for that. Riding in the summer in 90+ degree weather can be brutal, especially in traffic and NY seems to HATE motorcyclists with a passion, especially NYC. Nothing is worse than running into a motorcycle checkpoint in the middle of a blazing hot day... State govt has had it out for us ever since a cop got killed chasing a motorcycle years ago. (http://www.nymstf.org/cas/about-motorcycle-only-checkpoints/)

Since you got your permit I would say the best thing to do would be to sign up for a MSF course this spring. It's only 2 days and passing the course = instant motorcycle license (skipping the DMV roadtest). Besides the convenience you also learn A LOT from the course that you would otherwise have to learn by (bad) experiences. The course can be intimidating if you have never sat on a bike yet, but I would suggest re-familiarizing yourself with a bicycle and practicing low speed maneuvers on it. Much of those skills will transfer over to motorcycles.

Also, I would head over to your local motorcycle shop and browse the bikes. Most shops will let you spend all day there sitting on bikes and chatting it up with other riders. What most non bikers mistake for "violent scary motorcycle gangs" is actually a pretty chill group of brothers and sisters that will literally have your back on the road just for having the same mode of transportation as them. I've only run into a handful of the badass biker gang stereotype, and for the most part they are looked down upon since they give motorcyclists a bad rep.
Great advice man, thanks!
I will really look into the MSF course, but maybe get a little experience with a Ninja 300 first :)

Last edited:

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Fortin EVO has a plug and play kit for our cars. That is what I will be doing when I get my Si in a few months. They have the wire harness ready to go, so no splicing into factory wires is needed. Only downside is some of the quirks and sequences you have to follow to start the car. Not a huge deal though.

I am also curious about someone trying the factory key fob w/ remote start programming to see if it works on the manual models. My guess is that it won't due to the clutch, but you never know. Might be worth a gamble for someone willing to try.

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Fortin EVO has a plug and play kit for our cars. That is what I will be doing when I get my Si in a few months. They have the wire harness ready to go, so no splicing into factory wires is needed. Only downside is some of the quirks and sequences you have to follow to start the car. Not a huge deal though.

I am also curious about someone trying the factory key fob w/ remote start programming to see if it works on the manual models. My guess is that it won't due to the clutch, but you never know. Might be worth a gamble for someone willing to try.
I believe the video I posted a few posts up is the EVO kit and it is working with the factory fob on a 9th gen.
Sponsored