Civic SI: +6PSI vs. +9PSI Tune

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I wanted to get thoughts from SI owners who have run both the +6PSI and the +9PSI basemaps. I'm currently running the +6PSI (with rev hang removed, improved throttle response turned on, and PRL short ram intake), and don't get me wrong I really love the car, but am curious to hear how big of a bump the +9PSI tune is (we always want more, right?). I'm sure there are other SI forum members thinking of this same topic so figured i'd start this.

I'd love it if you could answer the following questions:
  1. In daily driving conditions (a mix of stop & go traffic and highway), do you feel like there is a meaningful difference in the driving experience? Basically, is the improvement worth it for non-track use?
  2. Do you have any clutch slippage, and if so under what conditions (i.e. in a certain rev range in a certain gear, certain throttle position, etc.). How do you know the clutch is slipping (I don't think I've ever experienced this)
  3. Have you had any error messages thrown or gone into limp mode?
  4. Have you run the car on the dyno and do you have numbers?
  5. Any other important things to know or observations you've seen?
Sponsored

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Hey everyone,

I wanted to get thoughts from SI owners who have run both the +6PSI and the +9PSI basemaps. I'm currently running the +6PSI (with rev hang removed, improved throttle response turned on, and PRL short ram intake), and don't get me wrong I really love the car, but am curious to hear how big of a bump the +9PSI tune is (we always want more, right?). I'm sure there are other SI forum members thinking of this same topic so figured i'd start this.

I'd love it if you could answer the following questions:
  1. In daily driving conditions (a mix of stop & go traffic and highway), do you feel like there is a meaningful difference in the driving experience? Basically, is the improvement worth it for non-track use?
  2. Do you have any clutch slippage, and if so under what conditions (i.e. in a certain rev range in a certain gear, certain throttle position, etc.). How do you know the clutch is slipping (I don't think I've ever experienced this)
  3. Have you had any error messages thrown or gone into limp mode?
  4. Have you run the car on the dyno and do you have numbers?
  5. Any other important things to know or observations you've seen?
I'm running exactly what you are and love the added power and am curious on the 9psi also....I may just try it and see after running this for a bit

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Hondata Results
First, the Hondata +9 calibration. This calibration makes about 23psi peak boost. About 257wtq and 210whp. Roughly 30whp and 40-45wtq over stock.
Then the Hondata +6 calibration. This calibration makes about 21psi peak boost. About 214whp and 245wtq. Looks like about 25wtq and 25whp over stock.
As for the clutch slipping thats a hit or miss. Really depends if you got a good clutch or a bad clutch and if you broke it properly

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Stock 17 SI here. +6psi since around 3000 miles. +9psi since around 6000 miles. Over 12000 miles on the car and zero issues with clutch slip. Have not been on a dyno with this car. Have been with a few past cars. Butt Dyno says the car is around 230whp if I had to guess...vs around 200whp stock.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stock 17 SI here. +6psi since around 3000 miles. +9psi since around 6000 miles. Over 12000 miles on the car and zero issues with clutch slip. Have not been on a dyno with this car. Have been with a few past cars. Butt Dyno says the car is around 230whp if I had to guess...vs around 200whp stock.
I am hitting 25 psi on the +9 tune with modification boxes checked.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
That's great to hear!!! There is soooo much bashing of hondata on FB from stunner fanboys it's sick......the latest is how your engine will blow up using their base maps......

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I am hitting 25 psi on the +9 tune with modification boxes checked.
Same. Occasionally 26. I have not flashed in over a month so the mods button did not exist then. Scramble enabled. P0299 disabled. Fuel overrun set to 30-20-10-10-10.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same. Occasionally 26. I have not flashed in over a month so the mods button did not exist then. Scramble enabled. P0299 disabled. Fuel overrun set to 30-20-10-10-10.
Fuel overrun doesn’t really matter if rev hang is disabled

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You could always reflash lol take 1.5 minutes
Full time job. 5 year old son. 9 month old daughter. Wife due in October. I rarely get free time and when I do.....I nap

StevenGregory

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I've a 2017 Si.

I installed a K&N cold air intake at about 4,000 miles. The most boost I showed was 18 psi in 3rd gear at WOT near redline.

A Hondata Flashpro was added at about 5,000 miles initially set to +6 psi. The difference (with the performance mode switched on was significant). A couple thousand miles later, I upped it to +9 psi. The increased acceleration was remarkable.

I've now over 50,000 miles on the car and have had absolutely no problems (knock on wood). I drive a lot of highway miles and run the car in the comfort mode most of the time, using the base map. I only turn on full boost occasionally such as when merging onto a freeway, or showing off for a friend (oh, yeah; and the time an old geezer about my age pulled up next to me at a light with a '69 350 Camaro).

The car has been to two track days and performed like a champ, but is usually driven as if by an old lady, which is evidenced by the fact that I'm still on the original all-season tires at 50,000 miles.

I've experienced no clutch slippage.

Good luck,
Steve

tcr1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si 2020
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag