CIVIC SI 2020 VSA, ACC, HILL ASSIST, etc ERROR

markie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2020
Country flag
Hey,

Recently, I turned on my car and all of a sudden all the Honda Sensing errors (power steering, hill assist, etc also) occurred.

I already did the following:
- charged the battery (it was at 95% b4 charge)
- removed the terminals for at least an hour and plugged it back in
- took it for a drive for at least 5-10 miles
- cleaned the windshield sensor and bottom left bumper vent sensor (let me know if there’s another sensor I should clean).

Anyone have any clue on how to get rid of the errors WITHOUT me going to Honda. I have a Honda Civic Si 2020. The only critical modifications I have are the following:
- AWE EXHAUST
- BC COILOVERS w/ D2 BYPASS MODULES

For the most part, I’m stock. I also prefer not to take into Honda unless I put back all my stock equipment on. I’m planning to just drive with it this whole week and see if it goes away by then.

P.S: Yes, I already used the search button and even YouTube videos, most of them said it’s a battery issue after unplugging or take it into a dealer. My final idea is just to buy an OBD2 scanner and clear the codes, but if I clear the codes; will it void my warranty because I touched the ECU?
Sponsored

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You took a lot of good first steps and I am pretty sure the issue is your battery.
It's not wrong to modify your car. Lots of folks do it. Warranty is still good unless the modification can be proved to cause the issue needing warranty work. I doubt very seriously that coil overs or an exhaust can affect Honda sensing.
You can go to Autozone or some other car parts places and they will clear the codes. They will even tell you what the code is for. Free of charge.
Autozone, Advance Auto, and others will also test your battery for free. Or go see the dealer and don't act guilty because you didn't do anything wrong. (I am not sure if all this is true for a leased vehicle because I don't lease.)

OP
OP
markie

markie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2020
Country flag
You took a lot of good first steps and I am pretty sure the issue is your battery.
It's not wrong to modify your car. Lots of folks do it. Warranty is still good unless the modification can be proved to cause the issue needing warranty work. I doubt very seriously that coil overs or an exhaust can affect Honda sensing.
You can go to Autozone or some other car parts places and they will clear the codes. They will even tell you what the code is for. Free of charge.
Autozone, Advance Auto, and others will also test your battery for free. Or go see the dealer and don't act guilty because you didn't do anything wrong. (I am not sure if all this is true for a leased vehicle because I don't lease.)
I forgot to mention, I went to oreily and checked my battery. It charged for 5 mins and stated it was a good battery lol.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
This most likely has to do with you lowering the car to be honest. 2020's use millimetre wave radar systems behind the front bumper, where the driverside foglight would be. This radar is calibrated with a Honda specific aiming target. Your code is most likely a "temporary pause of millimetre radar" code, I can't remember the actual code number off hand. This is typical of body shop cars OR cars that have struck an object with the front bumper, bending the bracket or knocking the radar loose. This radar has vehicle height based calibration settings 10mm at a time.

Welcome to 2020 tuning:dunno: Will most likely require a trip to Honda for re-calibration, there is no DIY for this.

OP
OP
markie

markie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2020
Country flag
This most likely has to do with you lowering the car to be honest. 2020's use millimetre wave radar systems behind the front bumper, where the driverside foglight would be. This radar is calibrated with a Honda specific aiming target. Your code is most likely a "temporary pause of millimetre radar" code, I can't remember the actual code number off hand. This is typical of body shop cars OR cars that have struck an object with the front bumper, bending the bracket or knocking the radar loose. This radar has vehicle height based calibration settings 10mm at a time.

Welcome to 2020 tuning:dunno: Will most likely require a trip to Honda for re-calibration, there is no DIY for this.
Doubt it, I was on D2 springs beforehand and I didn’t even had these issues. I also had the BC coils on for about a month now and it was driving fine.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Doubt it, I was on D2 springs beforehand and I didn’t even had these issues. I also had the BC coils on for about a month now and it was driving fine.
This could be so many things. It is so easy to piss off this system.

(1) You could have removed the battery and now the steering angle sensor needs a relearn/zero procedure (HDS only operation)

(2) If the system hasn't "reset" after the battery disconnect by driving in a straight line above 8mph, this needs a recalibration or at the least a DTC clear and sensor relearn.

If your CMBS (collision mitigated braking) and ACC (adaptive cruise) lights are on, this is most likely a radar issue.
Sponsored

Last edited: