Civic LX tire life?

Riggsy77

2020 Hatch Sport M/T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6spd
Country flag
Wondering how long I should expect my tires to last on my 2016 LX manual, sorry if there is a thread I'm missing. My service advisor straight up told me the stock hankook tires are absolute garbage. I have an oil change this morning, and I know they're going to tell me I need new tires, they've told me since 15k miles in late January I should think about replacing my tires. I'm at 27500 right now, and I just gained a 100 mile daily commute and with my other driving habits I'm averaging 750 miles per week, although this week I did 1400 Friday-Friday. They're looking kind of bare, but still have a little life left I'm just not sure how much. Does anyone else have a LX that they've replaced tires on? How many miles did you get out of the stock and what did you replace them with?
Sponsored

arhncmh

It's not my fault, really.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
Wondering how long I should expect my tires to last on my 2016 LX manual, sorry if there is a thread I'm missing. My service advisor straight up told me the stock hankook tires are absolute garbage. I have an oil change this morning, and I know they're going to tell me I need new tires, they've told me since 15k miles in late January I should think about replacing my tires. I'm at 27500 right now, and I just gained a 100 mile daily commute and with my other driving habits I'm averaging 750 miles per week, although this week I did 1400 Friday-Friday. They're looking kind of bare, but still have a little life left I'm just not sure how much. Does anyone else have a LX that they've replaced tires on? How many miles did you get out of the stock and what did you replace them with?
Tires are another very subjective item for your car. Sounds like you need long-lasting more than super high performance. I've been satisfied with Yokohama products in the past, in particular their AVID line. Check this out. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...43836&counter=0&ar=55&rd=16&vid=035522&cs=215
The main trade-off between mileage and performance is road noise. Manufacturers battle that with high tech tread designs.

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
The Hankooks on my LX are extremely smooth. Don't know how long they'll last.

OE tires are always very smooth in my experience. The factory tire mounting and balancing must be a bit better than what's available in the replacement market.

I noticed an imprinted mark on each wheel and the tire red dot was matched with these wheel marks. I'd guess they are purposely matched together to get the best possible balance.

A yellow sticker was next to the imprint "U5X." on each wheel.

Too bad most tire dealers appear to ignore these wheel marks when installing new tires.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Riggsy77

Riggsy77

2020 Hatch Sport M/T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Surprisingly, my service advisor this morning told me my tires are in good shape, I'm hoping I can get 35000 out of them

arhncmh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
I agree that the OE Hankooks are smooth also (6K miles in). Maybe the advisor's opinion was based on a preference for high performance tires. Maybe the dealer has some tires to move. Like I said...subjective.

Last edited:

CosmicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6M
Country flag
I have a 2016 LX 6MT sedan with the Hankooks. I am just shy of 39000 miles, and am not yet at the wear indicators, maybe 2 or 3 32nds away.
I cannot really knock them. I feel for a stock tire, they have been decent, though when I do replace them, I will get something else. They have gotten a bit louder as they wore down, but have been good, traction wise, on wet and dry (snow not so much). I'm hoping to make it until fall before I swap them out.
From what I have seen here of the Firestones, I'm glad Honda went with the Hankooks on the LX.

arhncmh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
From what I have seen here of the Firestones, I'm glad Honda went with the Hankooks on the LX.
Yeah I feel you on the Firestones. My wife's Corolla S has them on the 17" alloys, and after 24K, they have gone mushy and noisy after maybe 50% wear. Not impressed.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Surprisingly, my service advisor this morning told me my tires are in good shape, I'm hoping I can get 35000 out of them

Yesterday 1:40 AM you wrote ;
" My service advisor straight up told me the stock hankook tires are absolute garbage. I have an oil change this morning, and I know they're going to tell me I need new tires, they've told me since 15k miles in late January I should think about replacing my tires."

Yes some garbage could be in good shape but they still garbage :lol:

OP
OP
Riggsy77

Riggsy77

2020 Hatch Sport M/T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yesterday 1:40 AM you wrote ;
" My service advisor straight up told me the stock hankook tires are absolute garbage. I have an oil change this morning, and I know they're going to tell me I need new tires, they've told me since 15k miles in late January I should think about replacing my tires."

Yes some garbage could be in good shape but they still garbage :lol:
As long as the garbage gets me and my cars body where I need be I'm keeping them, I'll go for Michelin or good year when the time comes to replace

CosmicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6M
Country flag
Update: now at 43000 miles on the stock Hankooks. Still looks like at least 2-3 32nds to the wear marks. Dry traction is still good. Mileage still great. Hoping to hit 50k, then buy something new before the rainy season kicks in.

OP
OP
Riggsy77

Riggsy77

2020 Hatch Sport M/T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mine are almost finished, I'm at 33200, my dad thinks I have 3-5k left before they need to be replaced. I just graduated high school and at 18 I don't have the money to replace them :doh: my mom is convinced my car is a ticking time bomb and I have to use hers for any big trips now, also my rear rotors are extremely rusty and in need of replacement too. I almost traded this car in last month for an Accord Coupe EXL, unfortunetly I was on my way to the bank and got a call saying it was just sold :(

OP
OP
Riggsy77

Riggsy77

2020 Hatch Sport M/T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I finally broke down on Monday and bought 4 new tires, Kumho Solus had them installed yesterday at 35200 miles. Just my luck, tonight I was out with my friends, looked away from the road for a second and hit a granite curb... busted my front passenger tire up. Totally destroyed, my donut is on the front now and now I have to go buy another tire today. Pissed and angry at myself to say the least! :(

arhncmh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
So I finally broke down on Monday and bought 4 new tires, Kumho Solus had them installed yesterday at 35200 miles. Just my luck, tonight I was out with my friends, looked away from the road for a second and hit a granite curb... busted my front passenger tire up. Totally destroyed, my donut is on the front now and now I have to go buy another tire today. Pissed and angry at myself to say the least! :(
Sounds like an alignment check would be in order as well.

OP
OP
Riggsy77

Riggsy77

2020 Hatch Sport M/T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sounds like an alignment check would be in order as well.
it needs one anyway.. just took my civic back to the tire store, free replacement new tire comes in tomorrow at no charge to me
Sponsored